Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL prospects « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

wyla86

Second String

: November 13, 2012, 11:20:07 AM

My top college players.

DB's

Eric Reid FS, 6-1 212
If barber decides to leave i think Barron and Reid could be an amazing tandom. Eric Reid is a hard hitter and flies around the field.  Having a down year compared to last year but, his talent ceiling is extremly high.

Xavier Rhodes CB, 6-1 217
Bucs are in need of secondary help! Rhodes has great size and strenght, good speed and a hard hitter. He could be a great addition to the Bucs, big physical CB that could be useful against the Falcons WR crops. Personally i think Rhodes flies up the draft board becoming a top 15 pick so i don't think we have a shot at geting him.

David Amerson CB, 6-3 194
BALL HAWK! 13 INTs last year!! 31 tackles 4 INTs 6 PD so far this season. I think this guy is under the radar. Theres no way he reaches us in the second round but if we could land him i would be greatful. Our secondary needs alot of help. If by some chance we could land him and a Reid or Rhodes in the first our secondary improves vastly.

Sanders Commings CB, 6-2 216
My late round sleeper. 36 tackles, 2 INTs this season, 55 tackles, 1 INT, 1 sack, 8 PD last season. Good size CB needs to work on his  technique but as a late round prospect looks like a good project for Ron Cooper.

DL
Michael Buchanan, DE 6-5 240
Personally i do not see a reason to draft a DL men in the early rounds with Bowers, Clayborne, and Bennett. Buchanan could be a great option in the 3rd round or later. With our other DE's i think he could use them as mentors and get him into our rotation.

Kawann Short DT, 6-3 315
My favorite DT. 23 tackles, nine for loss, four sacks, and four blocked field goals. Great depth for Mccoy and Miller. He makes great plays and always in big situations. Physical player, gets behind the line of scrimmage often and has a good motor. Short is strong, quick and athletic. Good pass rushing DT.

Linebacker
Khaseem Greene OLB, 6-1 230
Our LB crops is alot better then it was with David and Foster playing outstanding. With Black and Watson the black sheep of the crops, Hayward and Goode special teams players we could use this beast. Yes he's from Rugters and no i dont like him because hes from Rugters. Everytime i watch a Rugters game this dude is all over the field! He's more than likely a 2nd round player but just for kicks hes on my list.
97 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2 INTs, 5 PD so far this season! He's a weakside LBer but i think with him on the Bucs our LBer depth is great! If he could add 10 pounds he may be able to move to SLB but thats probably not realistic. Just a overall good player.

RB
Andre Ellington RB, 5-9 190
Dude has a explosive lateral burst, has vision and patience. Needs to add weight but he's insane to watch!!!! Reminds me of Jamal Charles. Yes we have Martin but Blount will be gone and Smith is here but this guy is a fun guy to watch. Season stats164 for 835 yards 8 TD's 10 receptions for 150 yards 1 TD

Just a little of what i see so far this season

BucNCane

Second String
#1 : November 13, 2012, 11:48:09 AM

Walterfootball has us taking Johnathan Banks at 16 and Amerson with our 2nd rounder. It also has Rhodes falling to early round 2.

Obviously this won't happen but goodness it would be amazing to drop back to like 26 in the first and get Rhodes (who I love) and then pick up Amerson in the 2nd and get an extra late 2nd round pick.

Then we could let Amerson be the dime CB and learn the FS spot from Barber for a year then move him to safety when Barber retires and we could pick up a TE, DT, DE or backup RB with the late 2nd. It would be glory days from here on out. It would also give us Rhodes, Wright and Leonard Johnson, not too shabby.
: November 13, 2012, 11:52:01 AM BucNCane

wyla86

Second String

#2 : November 13, 2012, 11:56:59 AM

That would be awesome to get Amerson and Rhodes i just see that as a long shot, but that would be so nice!!!!!!!!!!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 13, 2012, 12:02:13 PM

the only game ive really seen amerson is the tennessee game, so im a little biased against him.  and you might want to update your list with players schools...a few players on your list ive never heard of.  thanks.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Checkmeout

Rookie

#4 : November 13, 2012, 12:24:55 PM

Greene is a Rutgers guy so there is connection there, apparently doing very well this season!

yungbull

Starter
#5 : November 13, 2012, 12:34:05 PM

Over the last few weeks, ive started to believe that if we draft a pass rusher early, and a few corner backs in the 2nd-4th rounds along with a FA pickup at corner, we'll be much better in the Pass D next year.  I like Johnathan Banks a lot, but im starting to think the top CB prospects are no Patrick Peterson/Derrelle Revis/Joe Haden shutdown corner prospects in the draft.  Are Banks/Milliner/Rhodes really heads and shoulders above the other prospects that are looking to be late first or 2nd rd picks?

I really wouldn't mind bypassing the top 3 CB prospects and picking up an elite type DL.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 13, 2012, 01:11:40 PM

Dri Archer, if he comes out, would be a great 4th or 5th round investment.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2012/10/in_a_golden_flash_dri_archer_k.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/dri-archer-one-college-football-most-exciting-players-172150771--ncaaf.html

McCoy93

Starter

#7 : November 13, 2012, 01:30:30 PM

It should BPA. I dont want us to reach for a secondary player when a better player at the linebacker or defensive line position is avaliable

yungbull

Starter
#8 : November 13, 2012, 01:40:22 PM

It should BPA. I dont want us to reach for a secondary player when a better player at the linebacker or defensive line position is avaliable

I completely agree.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 13, 2012, 01:46:34 PM

i agree also .  i just dont want us reaching for a linebacker or DL when a better CB is available.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#10 : November 13, 2012, 04:12:41 PM

hogan sito ufficiale hogan interactive Hogan outlet on www.interactivehogan.net

peuterey sito ufficiale peuterey outlet on www.peutereyoutletsito.com

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 13, 2012, 06:25:21 PM

amerson has been terrible this year. he had a great season last year but is getting burned badly this year on a weekly basis. big dissapointment

i like khaseem greene alot and hes from Rutgers so you know schiano will target him. especially with quincy very questionable being on IR with a fat contract.

@yungbull
yes rhodes, milliner and banks are head and shoulders above the second tier guys.  if we are picking around 18 or so none of these guys are a reach. i can guarantee these 3 will be in the first round unless they get injured. all have displayed great coverage skills in their careers.

like kawann short but he will be gone when we pick.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 13, 2012, 06:31:52 PM

Over the last few weeks, ive started to believe that if we draft a pass rusher early, and a few corner backs in the 2nd-4th rounds along with a FA pickup at corner, we'll be much better in the Pass D next year.  I like Johnathan Banks a lot, but im starting to think the top CB prospects are no Patrick Peterson/Derrelle Revis/Joe Haden shutdown corner prospects in the draft.  Are Banks/Milliner/Rhodes really heads and shoulders above the other prospects that are looking to be late first or 2nd rd picks?

I really wouldn't mind bypassing the top 3 CB prospects and picking up an elite type DL.

these guys are different  from revis, haden, and peterson. milliner is a good man corner but not on their level, same with banks. rhodes is a great zone corner with major size and physicality(think antonio cromartie). rhodes has an impressive resume of NFL guys he has shut down. this year he limited deandre hopkins from clemson to 2 catches for 15 yards, conner vernon from Duke(1000+ yard receiver every year for 3 years) to 10 yards and shutout the kid he played across from at VT(forget his name). qbs dont even look at his half of the field anymore, he shut down ryan broyles last year and absolutely owned michael floyd as well last year. he isnt as good in man but can be relied upon to be on an island. dunno if he fits into our scheme as we seem to place our CBs on an island alot but could definately be a big upgrade

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 13, 2012, 06:59:24 PM

Does anyone think we might invest a mid round pick on a runningback?

Because I don't think Blount stays and Michael Smith is pretty much useless. Its possible so that we can have a true guy to spell Martin for times.

yungbull

Starter
#14 : November 13, 2012, 07:51:51 PM

these guys are different  from revis, haden, and peterson. milliner is a good man corner but not on their level, same with banks. rhodes is a great zone corner with major size and physicality(think antonio cromartie). rhodes has an impressive resume of NFL guys he has shut down. this year he limited deandre hopkins from clemson to 2 catches for 15 yards, conner vernon from Duke(1000+ yard receiver every year for 3 years) to 10 yards and shutout the kid he played across from at VT(forget his name). qbs dont even look at his half of the field anymore, he shut down ryan broyles last year and absolutely owned michael floyd as well last year. he isnt as good in man but can be relied upon to be on an island. dunno if he fits into our scheme as we seem to place our CBs on an island alot but could definately be a big upgrade

thats exactly my point.  Each guy has some visible flaws in their game, but fit the scheme they play in well.  The same goes well for the guys with the 2nd rd grades.  Thats why I like all three of them, Banks the most.  And the closer we get to the draft the further these guys have a chance to separate themselves from the pack. 

But for now, BPA would be great in my view.  And whomever this team drafts im sure will be a solid pick, no matter if its a CB DL etc.  Look at how they drafted last year, who wouldve thought we'd draft a SS instead of a CB, and a RB to replace Blount late in the first?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL prospects « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools