Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL prospects « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 13, 2012, 08:07:39 PM

there isnt a player out there who doesnt have a limitation. good coaches tailor the situation to fit the players they have best. i wouldnt put any rookie on an island no matter how good he is. veteran receivers will exploit even the best rookie in a heartbeat. im still not sure what we try and run on defense but it looks like a lot of man so milliner or banks would be the best choices for us. rhodes is at his best in a zone scheme which masks that he doesnt possess elite speed. ill leave it up to schiano and Dom to decide who they like best

wyla86

Second String

#16 : November 14, 2012, 08:00:17 AM

anyone have any other college players that interest them?

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 14, 2012, 12:03:12 PM

Manti Te'o is my favorite player in this draft, and I would not be upset picking him and moving Foster to the strong side.  Foster has been great in the middle, but if we are picking BPA around 15-18 Te'o tops my list.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 14, 2012, 12:05:21 PM

Manti Te'o is my favorite player in this draft, and I would not be upset picking him and moving Foster to the strong side.  Foster has been great in the middle, but if we are picking BPA around 15-18 Te'o tops my list.
Wasted pick if I ever seen one.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 14, 2012, 12:15:56 PM

im in the middle on teo.  i dont think we need him...but if he's sitting there at 20ish and its our pick?  he could easily be BPA.  after watching a few specials on teo, the guy has "it".  definitely a leader and a guy schiano can build around.  last year i thought it would be a garbage pick, but ive certainly changed my opinion.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 14, 2012, 12:29:38 PM

im in the middle on teo.  i dont think we need him...but if he's sitting there at 20ish and its our pick?  he could easily be BPA.  after watching a few specials on teo, the guy has "it".  definitely a leader and a guy schiano can build around.  last year i thought it would be a garbage pick, but ive certainly changed my opinion.
He is a great player don't get me wrong but our linebacker play can't get any better. Te'o really can't do much more than what Foster has done this year. If so, its VERY marginal and that small margin won't affect the win/loss column. If we're sitting at 20, I wouldn't mind trading back and acquiring more picks. This team needs depth along the offensive line at center, guard, and tackle. I haven't even gotten to the defense yet at FS and two additional CB's.

BucNCane

Second String
#21 : November 14, 2012, 12:42:57 PM

He is a great player don't get me wrong but our linebacker play can't get any better. Te'o really can't do much more than what Foster has done this year. If so, its VERY marginal and that small margin won't affect the win/loss column. If we're sitting at 20, I wouldn't mind trading back and acquiring more picks. This team needs depth along the offensive line at center, guard, and tackle. I haven't even gotten to the defense yet at FS and two additional CB's.

I don't understand this. I agree that Te'o is a wasted pick. We have 2 good LBs, 3 good LBs isn't going to help much, unless one of them is a CB too. But how does our team need depth along the OLine? We have two guards missing and our Oline is still clicking. We had 2 backups at guard and a backup at center. Do we really need to be 3 deep at each OL position? We could use some depth at LOT and maybe ROT if Trueblood doesn't resign for cheap.

Our team has much more important needs than OL at this point, especially OL depth! That's crazy talk. FS, CB, CB, DT, TE, KR/PR, backup RB. Maybe DE, but honestly we have Clayborn, Bowers, Bennett, and DTN. Do we need more DEs? I'd say another penetrating DT would make our pass rush flourish. Or hell, just having the 3 healthy DEs so we can rush Bowers at the DT position would increase our sack totals.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 14, 2012, 12:48:58 PM

Shariff Floyd-DT UF; could be a good 2nd round pick if he comes out. Guy just blows up backfields.

BucNCane

Second String
#23 : November 14, 2012, 12:50:09 PM

Shariff Floyd-DT UF; could be a good 2nd round pick if he comes out. Guy just blows up backfields.

I hate the Gators but I would thoroughly enjoy that pick. Rhodes/Banks, Floyd would be fantastic to me.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#24 : November 14, 2012, 01:22:08 PM

So are we drafting for need or BPA? For those calling Te'o a wasted pick are obviously looking to draft for need. Because no, we don't need a LB as much as we need a CB.....but at 20ish Te'o would be the BPA hands down.

Here is Draftek's take on us snagging Te'o at 13...

"The good news is that the offensive side is firing on all cylinders, and shouldn't need to be a focus in the 2013 draft. The bad news is that the defense once again looks like swiss cheese. As with last year, the secondary and linebacking corps are critical weaknesses. The secondary seems like the biggest concern. This is alleged to be Ronde Barber's last season, although his conversion to Safety has been a success -maybe HC Greg Schiano can coax another year? The best Buc CB is Aqib Talib, but he'll be gone in free agency (edit: traded to Patriots 11/1). In this mock, the top CBs are off the board, making it attractive for the Bucs to go after the best LB in the draft in Notre Dame thumper Manti Te'o. He's a natural for the middle, but that's okay we think Mason Foster is better suited for the outside. Te'o, Foster and 2012 draft standout Lavonte David will be one fine LB unit! The Bucs will then likely use rounds 2 and 3 (and free agency) on the secondary."

I also like Damontre Moore from Texas A&M.....

"Domontre Moore wasn't exactly a household name prior to the beginning of this season, but is quickly becoming one! There are a lot of players the Bengals could use to induce some big play-making in the upcoming draft, but none of them show the promise and high ceiling that Moore is demonstrating. Because of his incredible athletic ability, I can see Damontre coming into the league as the next Von Miller who is a great friend and mentor to Moore. He has proven that the SEC isn't too big for his abilities by recording a whopping 15 tackles for a loss and maybe even more impressive, 8.5 sacks. The Bengals would love to include him in their unrelenting D-line rotation, and ultimately transition him to the outside linebacker where Manny Lawson has played a very mediocre season this year, and is no longer under contract next year." (draftek)

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 14, 2012, 01:25:50 PM

I don't understand this. I agree that Te'o is a wasted pick. We have 2 good LBs, 3 good LBs isn't going to help much, unless one of them is a CB too. But how does our team need depth along the OLine? We have two guards missing and our Oline is still clicking. We had 2 backups at guard and a backup at center. Do we really need to be 3 deep at each OL position? We could use some depth at LOT and maybe ROT if Trueblood doesn't resign for cheap.

Our team has much more important needs than OL at this point, especially OL depth! That's crazy talk. FS, CB, CB, DT, TE, KR/PR, backup RB. Maybe DE, but honestly we have Clayborn, Bowers, Bennett, and DTN. Do we need more DEs? I'd say another penetrating DT would make our pass rush flourish. Or hell, just having the 3 healthy DEs so we can rush Bowers at the DT position would increase our sack totals.
Trueblood won't be back next year. Joseph is injury prone and he might never be the same player after this knee surgery. It wouldn't surprised me if he is washed up next year. We probably don't need 3 new linemen but definitely two. So yes, this team needs offensive line depth but not as bad as the defensive needs.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 14, 2012, 01:35:11 PM

So are we drafting for need or BPA? For those calling Te'o a wasted pick are obviously looking to draft for need. Because no, we don't need a LB as much as we need a CB.....but at 20ish Te'o would be the BPA hands down.

No, we are drafting for common sense. Te'o can't play much better than Foster is already. And if he does, does Te'o put us in a better position to win than Foster has, no not at all...

Our linebackers are A right now. Does a A+ really help this team win now? NO

This whole BPA/need theory is pointless, stupid, and pre-mature. We have no idea who else is going to be on board at where ever we pick. So please stop assuming Te'o will be the best BPA in every scenario. And yes, I do like Damontre Moore he was dominant vs LSU this year and will be a first rounder.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 14, 2012, 01:44:15 PM

No, we are drafting for common sense. Te'o can't play much better than Foster is already. And if he does, does Te'o put us in a better position to win than Foster has, no not at all...

teo might not improve the middle all that much...but could foster improve the outside?

plus i think teo's leadership is one of his shining factors.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Gobucs991940

Second String
#28 : November 14, 2012, 01:46:33 PM

My Draft Wish list:

First round prospects
CB Jonathan Banks
CB Dee Milliner
DT Sheldon Richardson
RT Taylor Lewan
FS Eric Reid

Second Round prospects:
CB Jordan Poyer
FS T.J. McDonald
CB Xavier Rhodes
CB Ryan Logan
CB Jamar Taylor
TE Zach Ertz
DE Ezekiel Ansah
DE Quanterus Smith

lowlife

Starter
#29 : November 14, 2012, 01:53:39 PM

I would love this team to one up with one of Damontre Moore, Dion Jordan, or Bjoern Werner.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL prospects « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools