Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need some new blitzes « previous next »
Page: 1

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

: November 13, 2012, 08:16:28 PM

Im not sure if someone had mentioned this but after watching the game we need new blitzes or IMO we need to attack both A gaps with different blitzes..we kinda do the same blitz over and over sending either safeties or occasionally the CB blitz... And never attacking the middle gaps.. The blitz will help the DLine an awful lot but it would put more of a strain on our DBs.. I wonder what the percentage is on how often we get to the QB on those safety blitzes but I bet it's not high...any thoughts?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 13, 2012, 08:57:42 PM

The blitzes have been bad since week 2. It's frustrating watching other teams blitz an LB or CB and get to the QB immediately....yet we send 57 guys and they all get blocked. Hopefully they either get a little more creative of the problem is that the blitzes are predictable, or simplify them if they are trying to be too cute.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 13, 2012, 09:01:25 PM

Foster has gotten a couple sacks up the middle. The blitzes are fine, the players are not. They are running low on the D-line in talent and Black is a horrible pass rusher. Maybe now hes out well someone else get a chance.  The CBs and Ss arent getting much pressure off the edge and the D-line is getting knocked off there angle thus neutralizing the lanes that some of these blitzers are coming in on. McCoy is already commanding a ton of attention and its clogging up at least 1 A gap and you have a tilted nose a good amount of time cutting across the other. Bgap off the NTs butt on those plays may work, but Ive seen it a couple times and its gotten eaten up as well.

Just need Clayborn and another consistent pass rusher or two and all will be fine. It will be next year before they have a chance to adress that though.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 13, 2012, 09:14:47 PM

I think David is under rated as a pass rusher. He hasn't recorded a sack yet, but he has a lot of QB pressures. Considering he is used mostly in coverage, it is impressive to me. Perhaps we should blitz him more often.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#4 : November 13, 2012, 09:18:59 PM

Foster has gotten a couple sacks up the middle. The blitzes are fine, the players are not. They are running low on the D-line in talent and Black is a horrible pass rusher. Maybe now hes out well someone else get a chance.  The CBs and Ss arent getting much pressure off the edge and the D-line is getting knocked off there angle thus neutralizing the lanes that some of these blitzers are coming in on. McCoy is already commanding a ton of attention and its clogging up at least 1 A gap and you have a tilted nose a good amount of time cutting across the other. Bgap off the NTs butt on those plays may work, but Ive seen it a couple times and its gotten eaten up as well.

Just need Clayborn and another consistent pass rusher or two and all will be fine. It will be next year before they have a chance to adress that though.

I agree Foster has gotten two sacks solely on middle blitzes..then why not do it more often if it works.. I see Barron blitzing like every other play..and we never get any heat on the QB... I say blitz the middle more and flush out the QB and especially if their not mobile you can really do some damage..

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 13, 2012, 09:46:20 PM

The problem with blitzes is if the ball carrier escapes, there are now less defenders in front of him. Timing of blitzes is real key, and it's so easy to screw it up. With a young D, the likelihood of a screwup is much higher than if we were a veteran group. We may just need to do a better job of executing the ones they've been running. Once we get some seasoning on D, I expect us to be a lot better with blitzes...

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 13, 2012, 10:10:14 PM

We need new coverage schemes. I'm surprised we haven't ripped a page out of Bill Belicheck's book. Double the outside WR's using both safeties and put your best CB in the slots. I mean it almost worked for them in the super bowl. Allow guys like Mario Manningham to make huge plays.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 13, 2012, 10:16:04 PM

Dekota Watson must not be showing Shiano and the coaching staff what they want to see as far as playing the run or maybe in the classroom as a whole, because he has shown in the opportunities he has had to be one of our better pass rushers. Hopefully he can get a a chance with the injury to Black and with the play he made on special teams last week.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need some new blitzes « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools