Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Practice Squad Moves. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Mic

Starter

#15 : November 13, 2012, 10:57:19 PM

Owusu is an interesting prospect....

39 reps 4.7speed

7tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks in a 3-4 D at Cal in his last year

bashear

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 13, 2012, 11:28:31 PM

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Borel-has-raised-level-of-play/7df4037a-321b-4575-a713-30375b997e9f

Interview of Borel in Packers' camp in August.

Weird that the Bucs are making WR moves when LB and DBs are our biggest problems right now.

Agree.
Don't know any of these guys. Any of them have special teams prowess?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 13, 2012, 11:44:33 PM

GM Jr on Owusu:

STRONG POINTS
He has excellent size, arm length, & growth potential to further
develop for the position at the NFL level. He is an above average
overall athlete with good initial quickness & lateral range
in his play. He shows strong effort to finish & a great wingspan
to make arm tackles while engaged as a run defender.
He flashes the ability to be an effective bull rusher & stunter.

WEAKNESSES
He was apparently benched at the end of the 2010 season.
He has limited production & gets frequently rotated
out. He has limited bulk, which allows him to be
easily washed down & blocked at the point-of-attack.
His stamina & consistency of play are questionable.

SUMMARY
Owusu is a two-year starter between Defensive End & Defensive Tackle for the Golden Bears in 2011. He primarily plays Right Defensive End
in the three-man front in their base defense. He also plays some Tackle on the goal-line & against multiple Tight End formations [see Stanford].
He has excellent size, arm length, & growth potential to further develop for the position at the NFL level. He is an above average overall athlete
with good initial quickness & lateral range in his play. He has great wingspan to make arm tackles while still engaged with the blocker as a run
blocker along the line-of-scrimmage. However, he gets easily pushed-around & knocked-back due to his lack of bulk, especially against doubleteams.
He is frequently rotated off the field & apparently was benched at the end of the 2010 season. His stamina & consistency of play are questionable
based on my game views. As a pass rusher, he flashes the ability to press his hands into the blocker with strong leg drive on occasion. He
also shows decent lateral agility & quickness on stunts. He does not possess the speed, burst, or acceleration to line-up as an End for a 43 defensive
scheme & win consistently enough. Overall, he deserves late 7th round draft consideration due to his size, arm length, & growth potential to possibly
serve as a solid back-up for a team that runs a 34 defensive scheme at the NFL level. He does not possess the athletic upside to ever develop
into a full-time starter, though. He reminds me some of former Aztec Lawrence Guy [7th Rd.-#233-GB] due to his size & potential to develop.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 13, 2012, 11:46:53 PM

Yeah Owusu played while benn sat the bench and lost his return duties to LeQuan Lewis lol...

Benn was/is injured.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 13, 2012, 11:52:39 PM

Yeah Owusu played while benn sat the bench and lost his return duties to LeQuan Lewis lol...

Benn was/is injured.

OHH must be "neverliveuptomydraftstatusitis" I think he just sucks and they needed an excuse to bench him...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 13, 2012, 11:58:14 PM

Borel is a college QB converting to WR.  He did some returns in preseason.  Average KR, poor PR.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 13, 2012, 11:58:22 PM

GM Jr on Owusu:

STRONG POINTS
He has excellent size, arm length, & growth potential to further
develop for the position at the NFL level. He is an above average
overall athlete with good initial quickness & lateral range
in his play. He shows strong effort to finish & a great wingspan
to make arm tackles while engaged as a run defender.
He flashes the ability to be an effective bull rusher & stunter.

WEAKNESSES
He was apparently benched at the end of the 2010 season.
He has limited production & gets frequently rotated
out. He has limited bulk, which allows him to be
easily washed down & blocked at the point-of-attack.
His stamina & consistency of play are questionable.

SUMMARY
Owusu is a two-year starter between Defensive End & Defensive Tackle for the Golden Bears in 2011. He primarily plays Right Defensive End
in the three-man front in their base defense. He also plays some Tackle on the goal-line & against multiple Tight End formations [see Stanford].
He has excellent size, arm length, & growth potential to further develop for the position at the NFL level. He is an above average overall athlete
with good initial quickness & lateral range in his play. He has great wingspan to make arm tackles while still engaged with the blocker as a run
blocker along the line-of-scrimmage. However, he gets easily pushed-around & knocked-back due to his lack of bulk, especially against doubleteams.
He is frequently rotated off the field & apparently was benched at the end of the 2010 season. His stamina & consistency of play are questionable
based on my game views. As a pass rusher, he flashes the ability to press his hands into the blocker with strong leg drive on occasion. He
also shows decent lateral agility & quickness on stunts. He does not possess the speed, burst, or acceleration to line-up as an End for a 43 defensive
scheme & win consistently enough. Overall, he deserves late 7th round draft consideration due to his size, arm length, & growth potential to possibly
serve as a solid back-up for a team that runs a 34 defensive scheme at the NFL level. He does not possess the athletic upside to ever develop
into a full-time starter, though. He reminds me some of former Aztec Lawrence Guy [7th Rd.-#233-GB] due to his size & potential to develop.
Thanks, Bradentonian. Sounds like this guy needs to get his toes on the line.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 14, 2012, 12:37:34 AM

OHH must be "neverliveuptomydraftstatusitis" I think he just sucks and they needed an excuse to bench him...

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. They even tried to trick you by having him leave the previous game and then miss practice all week, but you saw through the obvious fake injury.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 14, 2012, 01:23:38 AM

but still correct me if I'm wrong, if this is indeed chris and not ernest lol...We put black on IR, cut two guys from practice squad, signed one to it and bumped down Owusu...so that leaves 2 active roster spots available...Did we sign anybody today to the active or promote anybody? because if we promoted we still have 2 practice squad spots open then,.

Might have their eye on Edwards. we will find out tomorrow.

Does he clear waivers tomorrow?

Yes on Wednesday.

Edwards doesn't go on waivers, he's a veteran. He's a free agent

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 14, 2012, 07:53:10 AM

Bring in Stanford and Edwards ,cut Myron Lewis

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 14, 2012, 08:03:44 AM

Well if we are using open roster spots for guys that aren't CB then that must mean we feel okay about our current situation. Both our rookie CBs made big plays down the stretch to win that game for us. I think Schiano/Dom would be looking for new guys if he didn't see something in them. I certainly see the potential so I think we're going to roll with them and take our rookie lumps and hope they are both great finds.

I think our pass defense will be our weak spot all year, but I'm excited to see the LeQuan Lewis and Leo Johnson play next week!

Leonard Johnson leads the team in INTs for crying out loud and he's only started 3 games!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 14, 2012, 08:30:23 AM

but still correct me if I'm wrong, if this is indeed chris and not ernest lol...We put black on IR, cut two guys from practice squad, signed one to it and bumped down Owusu...so that leaves 2 active roster spots available...Did we sign anybody today to the active or promote anybody? because if we promoted we still have 2 practice squad spots open then,.

Might have their eye on Edwards. we will find out tomorrow.

Does he clear waivers tomorrow?

Yes on Wednesday.

Edwards doesn't go on waivers, he's a veteran. He's a free agent

Thats false.

This guy...

Super Selmon

Starter
#27 : November 17, 2012, 08:36:11 AM

Buccaneers | Matthew Masifilo signed
Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:51:06 -0800

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed DT Matthew Masifilo off the practice squad of the San Francisco 49ers Friday, Nov. 16.

Source: http://www.kffl.com

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 17, 2012, 08:40:47 AM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed DT Matthew Masifilo off the practice squad of the San Francisco 49ers Friday, Nov. 16.
Can he play guard?

Super Selmon

Starter
#29 : November 17, 2012, 09:41:23 AM

Can he play guard?

Maybe he can.......

HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA: Graduated from Campbell High School in Ewa Beach, Hawaii...PrepStar All-American selection who was considered one of the nation's top prospects...played on the offensive line in high school.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Practice Squad Moves. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools