Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Johnson Could Be Diamond In the Rough For Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 14, 2012, 11:59:39 AM

Lets see...  Alexander run away from him wearing two knee braces.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 14, 2012, 12:02:47 PM

I'm not a hater lets get that straight you can read any of my posts. But I don't have to agree with every post. That said I'm not saying he won't be good he great skills and that can hide the speed. Talib was slow also and had good skill just got killed with the deep pass.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 14, 2012, 12:19:02 PM

Lets see...  Alexander run away from him wearing two knee braces.

c'mon, thats not true and you know it.  alexander got a headstart because of the lazy tackle attempt, he never ran by johnson that i recall.

Talib was slow also and had good skill just got killed with the deep pass.

now your argument is all over the place.  talib ran a 4.4 at the combine.

so are you going 40 numbers or game speed?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 14, 2012, 12:30:39 PM

Gwme speed. You can't tell me that Talib didn't get burnt time after time on the deep ball his game speed was no where close to a 4.4
Also on combine numbers I think Johnson  ran a 4.71.. But game speed is what matters. But that can be proved wrong if you can always be around the ball. Kinda like another guy we know future HOF R. Barber. Only time will tell I think we can do it.
All I said is that he is slow with out point intended just stating fact.
: November 14, 2012, 12:40:08 PM baybuc35

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 14, 2012, 01:00:36 PM

Gwme speed.

until he gets beat deep on a straight go, or until WR's start running away from the guy how can you say he has slow game speed?  thats all we are asking.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#20 : November 14, 2012, 01:02:18 PM

Very slow
Good quality post about our undrafted rookie.... No wonder we can't sell out our games. Worse fan base ever
its pretty obvious I don't live in tampa .. Also I won't take insults from a guy who's name is gay robot and just created his name..wonder who this really is
Been here just as long you

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 14, 2012, 01:03:44 PM

Gwme speed. You can't tell me that Talib didn't get burnt time after time on the deep ball his game speed was no where close to a 4.4
Also on combine numbers I think Johnson  ran a 4.71.. But game speed is what matters. But that can be proved wrong if you can always be around the ball. Kinda like another guy we know future HOF R. Barber. Only time will tell I think we can do it.

Talib got burned because was a gambler.

As far as your post Alexander was on his feet running and Johnson had to pick himself up off the ground. There is not one on this team who could have made up a 15 yard headstart like that. Johnson was fast enough to take it 82 yards straight into your dome piece. No mention of that?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 14, 2012, 02:03:33 PM

Talib got burned because was a gambler.

As far as your post Alexander was on his feet running and Johnson had to pick himself up off the ground. There is not one on this team who could have made up a 15 yard headstart like that. Johnson was fast enough to take it 82 yards straight into your dome piece. No mention of that?
ok your right he is fast..iit was like a two yard head start watch the play I just watched it again.. If Someone could post it please I'm on my mobile ..even salmon Wilcox was making fun of not being able to catch a guy with two knee braces .. Lol did you even watch the game
: November 14, 2012, 02:15:03 PM baybuc35

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 14, 2012, 02:10:52 PM

And Talib gets burned cause he is a gambler is even dumber than the 15 yard head start .. Re watch the giants game I just watched the highlight the wr where not even doing double moves ..

Mic

Starter

#24 : November 14, 2012, 02:17:46 PM

He is a legit starting caliber corner reminds me a lot of Winfield in Minny very physical and hes just a playmaker he has 3 picks in 3 games honestly should of been 4 his "4th"pick at Minny he was glued to Harvin they're #1 and made an incredible play on the ball, plays you don't see backups make, unfortunately it wasn't a pick.

The 80 yard TD should have been a made tackle was an anomaly

He is our best corner on the team.

If he was a first round pick people would be already crowning him as a future shut down corner because of the hype that comes with being a first round pick

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 14, 2012, 02:22:48 PM

He is a legit starting caliber corner reminds me a lot of Winfield in Minny very physical and hes just a playmaker he has 3 picks in 3 games honestly should of been 4 his "4th"pick at Minny he was glued to Harvin they're #1 and made an incredible play on the ball, plays you don't see backups make, unfortunately it wasn't a pick.

The 80 yard TD should have been a made tackle was an anomaly

He is our best corner on the team.

If he was a first round pick people would be already crowning him as a future shut down corner because of the hype that comes with being a first round pick
i agree with that that play against harvin was a pick and shows his great ball skills.. All I said was he is slow that's all .. Winefield is an great example great ball skills but Ali's known as a great tackler so a little different there at this point and Winfield does not have elite speed either
: November 14, 2012, 02:25:11 PM baybuc35

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : November 14, 2012, 02:24:00 PM

Speak only in glowing terms or the little girls will cry.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 14, 2012, 02:30:29 PM

I just watched the game again last night and noted that on a long pass, he was stride-for-stride next to Malcom Floyd. I agree that he looked slow on the Alexander TD, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 14, 2012, 08:07:09 PM

I like the kid and have my fingers crossed for him.....but this offseason I'd have our strength and conditioning coaches put together a specific tailored offseason program aimed at increasing speed. I mean, you can't make him a burner....but there are are things you can do to increase your overall explosiveness and speed.

I don't get it. The combine is over. Why would he want to work on his 40 speed now? It would have been a good idea for him to practice his 40 yard dash before the combine, but right now who cares what his 40 time is?

The combine measures how fast a guy runs without pads in a straight line. Leanord Johnson has plenty of "game speed", which is the only thing that matters at this point.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 14, 2012, 08:09:30 PM

I'm saying he can tailor his work outs to increase his acceleration and speed. Who's talking about 40 times?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Johnson Could Be Diamond In the Rough For Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools