Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Johnson Could Be Diamond In the Rough For Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 14, 2012, 08:17:08 PM

He is a legit starting caliber corner reminds me a lot of Winfield in Minny very physical and hes just a playmaker he has 3 picks in 3 games honestly should of been 4 his "4th"pick at Minny he was glued to Harvin they're #1 and made an incredible play on the ball, plays you don't see backups make, unfortunately it wasn't a pick.

The 80 yard TD should have been a made tackle was an anomaly

He is our best corner on the team.

If he was a first round pick people would be already crowning him as a future shut down corner because of the hype that comes with being a first round pick

That's funny. The kid gives up a 80 yd. TD and he is the best CB on the team and PR gave him a freaking game ball as their MVP of the game.

Biggers had a similar week last week, with an INT, a FF, knocked McFadden out of the game, and he gave up a 25 yd TD, and yet he gets hated on as one of the "most disappointing".........The truth is, Biggers and Leonard are our best two CB's right now, and LeQyuan Lewis is probably already better than Wright.

Our safeties are the reason why our pass defense sucks right now. They are constantly out of position, overrun the plays and are rarely in position to make a play. The scheme with the safeties is terrible, and needs to be overhauled. When your safeties are constantly rushing to the LOS and let WR's get behind them so easy and then your LB's are backpedalling  trying to cover TE's or get into deep zones, and neither are effective..............the scheme needs to be re-worked.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 14, 2012, 08:25:42 PM

Big difference though, Leonard is a undrafted rook.   Biggers is a 4th year man.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 14, 2012, 08:32:50 PM

Big difference though, Leonard is a undrafted rook.   Biggers is a 4th year man.

Both are starters in the NFL. Nobody is going to make excuses about draft status at this point, and Biggers was a 7th rounder.

Frankly, Leonard has been in the right place at the right time. Three picks in three games, but Biggers is clearly the best cover corner on the team. It's not even close. Nobody has better man skills on this team than Biggers. Most of these clueless fans can't see it.

I hope Johnson keeps it going. He is earning more playing time. Hometown kid, too. Largo Packers.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 14, 2012, 08:39:47 PM

Both are starters in the NFL. Nobody is going to make excuses about draft status at this point, and Biggers was a 7th rounder.

Frankly, Leonard has been in the right place at the right time. Three picks in three games, but Biggers is clearly the best cover corner on the team. It's not even close. Nobody has better man skills on this team than Biggers. Most of these clueless fans can't see it.

I hope Johnson keeps it going. He is earning more playing time. Hometown kid, too. Largo Packers.

With 4 years under his belt.you don't think the light should have come on by now?  Dude gets abused out there.  Sure he can stay with his man most of the time, but appears to lack good CB skills.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 14, 2012, 08:45:55 PM

In a small area, his quickness and instincts look darned good to me. That INT was not that easy; if he doesn't get both hands up RIGHT NOW, that ball zips right by his left earhole, or just gets batted... His problem is gonna be once his man gets by him, unless the ball is underthrown, Leonard's not likely to catch up.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 14, 2012, 08:54:28 PM

I just completely fail to see how Leonard being a UDFA factors in at all. Are we making excuses for him, just like we did Talib?

Biggers is not as bad as the fans on this board seem to think....of course most of the people commenting on Biggers don't know what a CB is responsible for.

1) A TE running an in route in the end zone is not a CB responsibility. Mark Cook actually blamed Biggers for one of these while Barron was all over the guys back in the middle of the end zone.
2) If a CB has coverage and then suddenly drops off, he is playing a DEEP ZONE....and should have deep safety help. This is a play design.
3) Most plays a CB is not going to play tight coverage on a slant route, because he is a CB, not a middle back. He has to cover his corner, otherwise you will have offenses clearing your corner and running the play down that sideline.

Biggers is not bad....fans are just stupid....or should I say...not very knowledgable.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 14, 2012, 09:03:06 PM

I just completely fail to see how Leonard being a UDFA factors in at all. Are we making excuses for him, just like we did Talib?

Biggers is not as bad as the fans on this board seem to think....of course most of the people commenting on Biggers don't know what a CB is responsible for.

1) A TE running an in route in the end zone is not a CB responsibility. Mark Cook actually blamed Biggers for one of these while Barron was all over the guys back in the middle of the end zone.
2) If a CB has coverage and then suddenly drops off, he is playing a DEEP ZONE....and should have deep safety help. This is a play design.
3) Most plays a CB is not going to play tight coverage on a slant route, because he is a CB, not a middle back. He has to cover his corner, otherwise you will have offenses clearing your corner and running the play down that sideline.

Biggers is not bad....fans are just stupid....or should I say...not very knowledgable.

You must be his agent.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 14, 2012, 10:07:41 PM

I don't get it. The combine is over. Why would he want to work on his 40 speed now? It would have been a good idea for him to practice his 40 yard dash before the combine

He was sick the week of the combine.... and shouldn't have run at all.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 14, 2012, 10:10:53 PM

Biggers is not bad....

That's one helluva statement right there!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 14, 2012, 10:18:22 PM

Biggers is not bad....

That's one helluva statement right there!!
Biggers next play on a ball will be my first memory of him making a play on a ball.  Now my memory isn't great - because I recall a ball hitting him - he didn't see the ball coming, but it hit him.  And that is my last memory of him having contact with a ball.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 15, 2012, 12:11:32 AM

the play that Mark Cook mentioned was the TD pass to Floyd which was clearly Biggers responsibility. The only TD to a TE was the one to Gates which was Foster's responsibility.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 15, 2012, 02:08:58 AM

I don't see why all the hate for Biggers. He has played in five games and we are 4-1 in those games. Leonard Johnson has played in three games(significantly) and we are 3-0 in those games. Aqib Talib played in four games and we were 1-3 in those four games.

Do the math. 

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 15, 2012, 03:08:26 AM

I don't see why all the hate for Biggers. He has played in five games and we are 4-1 in those games. Leonard Johnson has played in three games(significantly) and we are 3-0 in those games. Aqib Talib played in four games and we were 1-3 in those four games.

Do the math.

Are you suggesting that our record is a direct reflection of our CB play?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 15, 2012, 08:35:35 AM

Biggers positives - He's solid in coverage. He is better in man than he is in zone, which is valuable. He is usually blanketing his man. Rarely do you see him get torched and beat deep. He has improved his tackling. He is very fast.

Biggers Negatives - He doesn't play the ball ever. Even though he is blanketing his man, he is so weak and is so void of ball skills, that his man usually will still make the reception. Even with his improved tackling, he is so scrawny and weak that he still sucks at it. Players run right through him or drag him like a child. Any hope that he might fix these negative traits by bulking up or developing ball skills are pretty much gone now that he is in his 4th year. He is what he is at this point and has probably reached his ceiling.

Conclusion - Solid depth. Can be an effective Nickel or Dime. Should never be expected to be the #1 or #2 CB effectively.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 15, 2012, 08:49:17 AM

Biggers is the best cover corner on the team, but his ball skills are probably the worst. He rarely gets his head around to make plays on the ball which usually results in his man catching the ball.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Johnson Could Be Diamond In the Rough For Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools