Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 14, 2012, 12:39:11 PM

Yea I like Flowers a lot! Given around the right defense and system I think he can be a top 10 CB... He does have a big contract though, Flowers just recently signed a contract that I believe was like 6 years 50mil? What do you think it would take for us to get Flowers from KC?

He is due to make $9.6 and $9.5 million the next 2 seasons. If they are willing to part with him for a 4th, maybe a 3rd...then that would be a good trade. Money shouldn't be an issue for this team next season. Yes, they will need to resign a few guys like Bennett and maybe Roy Miller, but they will roll over the extra $13-15 mil that is available now. Truebloods contract will expire. Davin and QB can be cut saving $10mil+. Ronde will probably retire. Then after the 2013 season, Wright can be cut to sort of counter balance things.

they arent going to cut Joseph, end of story.

Flowers will not be available, end of story.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 14, 2012, 12:40:36 PM

He is slow..lol

kylel6901

Starter

#17 : November 14, 2012, 12:51:26 PM

Yea I doubt we cut Davin either....  In my opinion we will most likely let go Quincy, Trueblood, Myron Lewis, and I think that Benn and Grimm are possibly gone after the season and Blount is 50/50.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 14, 2012, 01:03:39 PM

Lets put this Brandon Flowers idea to bed. He is not leaving Kansas City after they let go Brandon Carr last year and then Routt stinks it up. Sean Smith, Brent Grimes, or Asomugha will be the best CB on the open market.

I say go for Asomugha for a multi-year. I thought he did a solid job against Atlanta aside getting burned bad on that long TD from Julio. Pretty sure he did a better job last year on Julio. But yeah he isn't that great for Philly but tbh, who IS doing good on that defensive back 7? Nobody can cover including those overrated linebackers that can only play the run. I think he isn't playing as good as he can b/c of the scheme they run. Either way he beats having Biggers or Wright.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 14, 2012, 01:17:32 PM

Corner is like WR, you want a 1a and 1b if you can. I thinking Dom might double dip in the draft the way he likes to.

There's no chance Flowers is available for a 4th rounder.

lowlife

Starter
#20 : November 14, 2012, 01:56:51 PM

Yea I like Flowers a lot! Given around the right defense and system I think he can be a top 10 CB... He does have a big contract though, Flowers just recently signed a contract that I believe was like 6 years 50mil? What do you think it would take for us to get Flowers from KC?

He is due to make $9.6 and $9.5 million the next 2 seasons. If they are willing to part with him for a 4th, maybe a 3rd...then that would be a good trade. Money shouldn't be an issue for this team next season. Yes, they will need to resign a few guys like Bennett and maybe Roy Miller, but they will roll over the extra $13-15 mil that is available now. Truebloods contract will expire. Davin and QB can be cut saving $10mil+. Ronde will probably retire. Then after the 2013 season, Wright can be cut to sort of counter balance things.

I hope you are wrong as **CENSORED** on both fronts.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 14, 2012, 01:58:57 PM

I hope you are wrong as **CENSORED** on both fronts.

+1. I have no qualms about admitting that both are wishful thinking.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 14, 2012, 02:15:14 PM

Free agent bust.

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 14, 2012, 04:29:09 PM

I'd guess we go for a journeyman in FA and draft a future #1 corner in the first if the talent is there.

Ms Elam

Starter

#24 : November 14, 2012, 05:00:27 PM

I'd guess we go for a journeyman in FA and draft a future #1 corner in the first if the talent is there.
My guess also. The free agent market goes up every year. That's why there is a new"highest paid player in history" every year. So if #1 corner was worth 50 million last year, they might be worth around 53 million this off season. We are paying Eric 37 million. That's 90 million wrapped up in the corner back position. I don't think that's going to happen. That's why I feel like Dom messed up. He should have over paid a true number 1 corner instead of a number 2 guy who can easily be replaced. I think dom has to pay whatever it takes to jump up and get the best corner in the draft. That's the only way I see us starting next season with a corner who is better than Wright and can be that number 1 guy.
: November 14, 2012, 05:04:15 PM Ms Elam

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 14, 2012, 05:34:32 PM

Given prediction history for this board this would seem to increase the odds that on, if not both, might well hit the market

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 14, 2012, 06:39:07 PM

Gotta hope Eric wright starts earning his money and pair him with a #1 draft pick. Leonard Johnson becomes the nickel , and that could become a decent secondary.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 14, 2012, 07:14:26 PM

He's old and he has been terrible for two straight years. I didn't want him before and I don't want him now.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 14, 2012, 07:22:10 PM

Gotta hope Eric wright starts earning his money and pair him with a #1 draft pick. Leonard Johnson becomes the nickel , and that could become a decent secondary.
He played the same way for Cleveland and Detroit - we can hope... but... history isn't on our side

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 14, 2012, 07:33:24 PM

Yeah man....I didn't like the Wright signing. Never understood it....but I have tried to stay positive and hope for the best. I've pretty much decided I was right though. The guy is not only a very average football player, but he is a total d-bag of a human being. Dom has done a lot of great things, but I think Wright was one of his mistakes. Big one.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nnamdi Asomugha « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools