Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ron pauls farewell afdress « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 17, 2012, 03:42:14 PM

A true american hero . Why can't we have more "extremists" like Paul  , and less teat suckling cowards like CBW ?

Coming from you, I consider this a compliment.

The hero worship of Ron Paul among Libertarians often boarders on cultism. Is he a politician, or is he your messiah?

I didn't hear this speech but I have heard him speak before. I like what he had to say for the most part but I don't consider him a "messiah". I'd call Obama that before I'd ever call Ron Paul one. Obama uses a lot of group think in his speeches. A lot more cult like than anything I've ever heard before. At least more so than the speeches I've heard by Paul.

I don't think I've seen any but a scant few ever view the president in the same light as Libertarians view Ron Paul. He is literally treated as a God-like figure among a large segment of Libertarians. Nobody is right about 100% of things 100% of the time, but don't dare make that claim about Ron Paul to a Libertarian.

That said, I happen to have a great deal of respect for the guy. The biggest amount of praise I'm willing to give to any politician is to say that they are/were a statesman. A person who approached governance with wisdom and put love country before all else in his public service. While I certainly don't agree with Ron Paul on a whole myriad of issues, I do consider him to have been a statesman, and I think the Republican party will lose a very important voice with him out of the picture.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 17, 2012, 04:30:01 PM

A true american hero . Why can't we have more "extremists" like Paul  , and less teat suckling cowards like CBW ?

Coming from you, I consider this a compliment.

The hero worship of Ron Paul among Libertarians often boarders on cultism. Is he a politician, or is he your messiah?

I didn't hear this speech but I have heard him speak before. I like what he had to say for the most part but I don't consider him a "messiah". I'd call Obama that before I'd ever call Ron Paul one. Obama uses a lot of group think in his speeches. A lot more cult like than anything I've ever heard before. At least more so than the speeches I've heard by Paul.

I don't think I've seen any but a scant few ever view the president in the same light as Libertarians view Ron Paul. He is literally treated as a God-like figure among a large segment of Libertarians. Nobody is right about 100% of things 100% of the time, but don't dare make that claim about Ron Paul to a Libertarian.

He is the only guy holding office we have . What do you expect ?  lol

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 18, 2012, 10:04:35 AM

Regardless of your position on Ron Paul as a candidate, it is hard to dislike the man and hard, frankly, to disagree with much in that speech.If nothing else Ron Paul will retire as a shining example of the strnaglehold that both the Deomcractic and Republican parties have on the electoral process. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ron pauls farewell afdress « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools