Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow's tenure as an NFL QB is coming to an end « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#30 : November 15, 2012, 10:33:09 AM

His teammates even hate him. Tim Tebow has become the laughing stock of the league as most people knew would happen eventually. He's a garbage QB who the Jets are now regretting trading for. He's absolutely worthless to the Jets, hell, he hurts the team.

This guy won't be in the NFL much longer.

I would love to hear Java's thoughts on the topic.

He thinks Rex Ryan is a great coach and Tim Tebow is great, yet Rex Ryan thinks Tebow blows **CENSORED**.

Reports of his teammates hating him shows how dysfunctional the lockeroom is. People said the same about about Bush and now he is doing his thing in Miami. I could care less about Tebow but does whatever he has to to win. There are a lot of players across the league who lost that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 15, 2012, 10:36:57 AM

Virgins can't survive, much less thrive, in the NFL.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 15, 2012, 10:41:26 AM

11/15/12 Colin Cowherd: "I save my sympathies for crack babies, burn victims, wounded veterans, and hurricane survivors. Not $30 million net worth, publicity seeking backup QBs who get anonymously ripped. I don't want to pick on Tebow, because he's a great human being, right?...but let's not paint Tebow as a victim. Number one, the media always seems to find him when he is out in LA or Vegas. Lots of people go to LA and Vegas, lots of stars, they can hide. The media ALWAYS gets tipped off that Timmy Tebow is in Vegas or LA. Clooney can be there for a month, you never hear of it...cause PR people don't tip off TMZ.com. Number two, last May Tebow released a book. Wasn't he seeking readers and publicity? Number three, he Trademarked "Tebowing", and continues to do it. Number four, he chose New York as much as New York chose him. Remember Tebow claiming at the introductory press conference, "I had nothing to do with it"? The next day John Elway told a Denver radio station that Tebow was consulted all through Wednesday after an initial deal with the Jets fell through in a money dispute and Tebow's hometown Jags rejoined the trade discussions. According to Elway's description, proof that Tebow had the final choice, was the fact that the Broncos ended up settling for worse money and less draft picks from the Jets than from the new Jacksonville owner. So come on! He goes on a date with anybody, it's on TMZ.com. People in Vegas and LA have affairs for 20 years and nobody sees it. Tebow walks into town, goes to a swingset with his cute country-western star girlfriend, and it's all over newspapers. It's all over the internet. Come on. Let's not paint him as this hopeless lamb being slaaaaughterd by the media. Him just a widdle guy twying to survive. Come on. What's the old saying? I was born at night, not last night. Does everybody forget that running in the rain moment? You remember that the media in New York gathered around the practice field, it's all rainy. You remember how that worked, the slow-motion. Yea, like that wasn't planned. I like him, he's a great kid, but he's human. He knows its attention for the brand "Tebow". He chose New York, just like they chose him. He could have gone to Jacksonville. The guys got Hollywood movie hunk looks, got great DNA, a relationship with the man upstairs that I certainly don't have., $30 million in the bank, and a brand for the next 50 years that will set him and his family up for life. I'm not anti-Tebow, I'm anti-being a sucker. It's that old saying, don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining...don't try to sell me that Tebow is a victim."
: November 15, 2012, 10:50:44 AM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 15, 2012, 10:54:13 AM

Well said

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 15, 2012, 11:00:25 AM

the day tim tebow realizes that he isnt a QB and switches to TE will be the day he starts games in teh nfl again.

i used to agree on this.  but for the last 5 years he's been told to avoid contact.  how long would it take him to learn to be a physical TE?  if he was willing, id sure give him a chance. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 15, 2012, 12:07:51 PM

Hey umm hes a nice guy though!

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#36 : November 15, 2012, 12:09:41 PM

Never really liked Sanchez.   Just think he's better than Freeman.   I still think that.   Sanchez would light it up on the Bucs given the Bucs supporting cast.

No thanks...we already have a QB that is "lighting it up" with this Bucs supporting cast.

Thanks for the sig Java!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 15, 2012, 01:26:41 PM

Never really liked Sanchez.   Just think he's better than Freeman.   I still think that.   Sanchez would light it up on the Bucs given the Bucs supporting cast.

No thanks...we already have a QB that is "lighting it up" with this Bucs supporting cast.

Don't bite, the guy is a troll to the lamest and most pathetic degree.

Last year he talked about how a great QB would do well no matter who was around him. This year he says it's not the QB, it's the players around.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 15, 2012, 01:27:01 PM

This league can't survive without Tebow.

LMFAOOOOO!!!!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 15, 2012, 01:29:19 PM

I like Tebow as a leader, as a person and as a teammate...However, it's painfully obvious the guy just isn't a QB... he looks like a high school QB playing in the big leagues...

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#40 : November 15, 2012, 01:52:00 PM

I didn't know Tebow ever was an NFL QB.  News to me.  I thought he was just a primadonna media darling. 

IrishBuc

Second String

#41 : November 15, 2012, 02:12:13 PM

The media fascination with Tebow is absolutely a mystery to me, from an outsiders perspective it seems that any white overtly Christian athlete will get a idiculous amount of press regardless of whether they deserve it or not. Tebow is not an NFL calibre starting QB he has shown nothing to date to suggest he can be a productive QB in this league.  His defence and his kicker won a lot of games for the Broncos last year.

As for Sanchez, he is more or less Josh Freeman last year, no receivers, no OL a poor running game and an average enough defence, the guy can't work miracles. Holding on to Freeman hasn't looked to bad for the Bucs now has it?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#42 : November 15, 2012, 02:15:13 PM

So...if the OP is correct, and somehow Tebow gets out of the NFL, does that mean we will stop hearing about him?

I mean really, despite the Bucs improvements this year, I have seen almost as much on Tebow's dating life on NFL.com as I have on our team.

If the OP is correct, it couldn't be too soon.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 15, 2012, 02:48:02 PM

11/15/12 Colin Cowherd: "I save my sympathies for crack babies, burn victims, wounded veterans, and hurricane survivors. Not $30 million net worth, publicity seeking backup QBs who get anonymously ripped. I don't want to pick on Tebow, because he's a great human being, right?...but let's not paint Tebow as a victim. Number one, the media always seems to find him when he is out in LA or Vegas. Lots of people go to LA and Vegas, lots of stars, they can hide. The media ALWAYS gets tipped off that Timmy Tebow is in Vegas or LA. Clooney can be there for a month, you never hear of it...cause PR people don't tip off TMZ.com. Number two, last May Tebow released a book. Wasn't he seeking readers and publicity? Number three, he Trademarked "Tebowing", and continues to do it. Number four, he chose New York as much as New York chose him. Remember Tebow claiming at the introductory press conference, "I had nothing to do with it"? The next day John Elway told a Denver radio station that Tebow was consulted all through Wednesday after an initial deal with the Jets fell through in a money dispute and Tebow's hometown Jags rejoined the trade discussions. According to Elway's description, proof that Tebow had the final choice, was the fact that the Broncos ended up settling for worse money and less draft picks from the Jets than from the new Jacksonville owner. So come on! He goes on a date with anybody, it's on TMZ.com. People in Vegas and LA have affairs for 20 years and nobody sees it. Tebow walks into town, goes to a swingset with his cute country-western star girlfriend, and it's all over newspapers. It's all over the internet. Come on. Let's not paint him as this hopeless lamb being slaaaaughterd by the media. Him just a widdle guy twying to survive. Come on. What's the old saying? I was born at night, not last night. Does everybody forget that running in the rain moment? You remember that the media in New York gathered around the practice field, it's all rainy. You remember how that worked, the slow-motion. Yea, like that wasn't planned. I like him, he's a great kid, but he's human. He knows its attention for the brand "Tebow". He chose New York, just like they chose him. He could have gone to Jacksonville. The guys got Hollywood movie hunk looks, got great DNA, a relationship with the man upstairs that I certainly don't have., $30 million in the bank, and a brand for the next 50 years that will set him and his family up for life. I'm not anti-Tebow, I'm anti-being a sucker. It's that old saying, don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining...don't try to sell me that Tebow is a victim."

Good stuff.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 15, 2012, 02:58:36 PM

Dude needs to consider a position change if he wants to stay in the league.  That throwing motion is downright ugly.   I think he could make a decent TE.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow's tenure as an NFL QB is coming to an end « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools