Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow's tenure as an NFL QB is coming to an end « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#45 : November 15, 2012, 03:04:22 PM

Dude needs to consider a position change if he wants to stay in the league.  That throwing motion is downright ugly.   I think he could make a decent TE.

Speaking of bad throwing motions....I bet Baltimore is chomping at the bits to get a hold of Leftwich this Sunday.

Thanks for the sig Java!

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 15, 2012, 03:41:10 PM

I think it's insulting to players that have played TE all of their lives to assume he can just switch and become a NFL caliber TE. At least playing a RB/FB position, there's some transference of the skills he utilizes as a "quarterback".

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 15, 2012, 03:53:35 PM

I think it's insulting to players that have played TE all of their lives to assume he can just switch and become a NFL caliber TE. At least playing a RB/FB position, there's some transference of the skills he utilizes as a "quarterback".

i understand the point, but i wouldnt go so far as insulting.   some players are just football players.  while tebow doesnt possess the accuracy/decision making of a NFL QB, he might be able to play another position if his head is right.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

meekerbeastman

Second String

#48 : November 15, 2012, 04:46:03 PM

there is no doubt the dude can run, but you cant have a HB that big and he isnt physical enough to lead block like a FB. They could use him as a sproles type back maybe but at his size TE makes the most sense. he could probably ply rec as well. as long as he isnt throwing the ball he should be fine. dudes still an athlete

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#49 : November 15, 2012, 05:15:32 PM

Never really liked Sanchez.   Just think he's better than Freeman.   I still think that.   Sanchez would light it up on the Bucs given the Bucs supporting cast.

No thanks...we already have a QB that is "lighting it up" with this Bucs supporting cast.

Don't bite, the guy is a troll to the lamest and most pathetic degree.

Last year he talked about how a great QB would do well no matter who was around him. This year he says it's not the QB, it's the players around.

You must not be able to read too well.   I never said Sanchez was a great QB.   He's mediocre.   But he's better than Freeman.   A mediocre QB like that needs a great supporting cast.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#50 : November 15, 2012, 06:30:47 PM

Never really liked Sanchez.   Just think he's better than Freeman.   I still think that.   Sanchez would light it up on the Bucs given the Bucs supporting cast.

No thanks...we already have a QB that is "lighting it up" with this Bucs supporting cast.

Last year he talked about how a great QB would do well no matter who was around him. This year he says it's not the QB, it's the players around.

You must not be able to read too well.   I never said Sanchez was a great QB.   He's mediocre.   But he's better than Freeman.   A mediocre QB like that needs a great supporting cast.

You are the biggest **CENSORED**ing moron I have ever met. Tebow and Sanchez SUCKS. If Freeman is on that team and Teblow and Sanchez were here... we never would have had V-Jax and we would be barreling towards the first pick. Please for the sake of all humanity, pick the shortest pier and take the longest walk.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 15, 2012, 06:34:51 PM

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 15, 2012, 06:44:43 PM

You are the biggest **CENSORED**ing moron I have ever met. Tebow and Sanchez SUCKS. If Freeman is on that team and Teblow and Sanchez were here... we never would have had V-Jax and we would be barreling towards the first pick. Please for the sake of all humanity, pick the shortest pier and take the longest walk.

LOL, just don't respond to him. He once said Sanchez was like Joe Montana, but won more. He doesn't know anything about football, you probably should just ignore his opinion.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#53 : November 15, 2012, 06:57:18 PM

I just want to thank Java for unintetionally making me laugh. The Tebow love is downright hilarious. So this is what this forum has come to now...

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 15, 2012, 07:12:14 PM

He once said Sanchez was like Joe Montana, but won more.

Maybe you said that, but I never did.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 15, 2012, 07:12:51 PM

I just want to thank Java for unintetionally making me laugh.

Trust me, it was intentional humor (if you are referring to the NFL folding bit).   Glad you got a good laugh out of it.   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#56 : November 15, 2012, 07:29:03 PM

Agree. Players are not stupid, Vincent would of never signed with the Jets. He needed to go somewhere with a QB that has a cannon, and he saw that in #5.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#57 : November 15, 2012, 07:36:36 PM

He needed to go somewhere that offered him 55 million dollars.   He didn't give a crap who the QB was.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#58 : November 15, 2012, 07:50:04 PM

He needed to go somewhere that offered him 55 million dollars.   He didn't give a crap who the QB was.

He already was rich before this contract.   He chose the best opportunity to showcase his skills.  If the Bills offered 60mil you think he would of signed there?  No way.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 15, 2012, 07:52:52 PM

Bull.   If he wanted to go to the best place to showcase his skills he'd have gone to the Patriots, Packers or Broncos.   He went for the cash.   For all he knew, Dan the Man was going to beat out Freeman.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Tebow's tenure as an NFL QB is coming to an end « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools