Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tackle Play « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

nitey

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 17, 2012, 04:33:45 PM

Richard Seymore had one QB hurry vs. Tampa, but he plays inside for Oakland.  And he wouldn't be considered a top 10 DE. 

It was Matt Shaughnessy and Andre Carter that Penn was going up against vs. Oakland.

Richard Seymoure does play DT on the right side, but if you watch closely - the Oakland defensive line stunted on at least a half dozen plays where he looped to the outside and became Penn's assignment. Also, if I remember correctly, the sack that Carter had was as much on Freeman as it was on Penn. Finally, I find it funny that you can criticize a guy when your running back had over 250 yards rushing mostly on your side. Shaughnessy had one assist for the day and Carter had two tackles and the one sack. I'd say that Penn did his job on that day.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 17, 2012, 04:38:57 PM

Richard Seymore had one QB hurry vs. Tampa, but he plays inside for Oakland.  And he wouldn't be considered a top 10 DE. 

It was Matt Shaughnessy and Andre Carter that Penn was going up against vs. Oakland.

Richard Seymoure does play DT on the right side, but if you watch closely - the Oakland defensive line stunted on at least a half dozen plays where he looped to the outside and became Penn's assignment. Also, if I remember correctly, the sack that Carter had was as much on Freeman as it was on Penn. Finally, I find it funny that you can criticize a guy when your running back had over 250 yards rushing mostly on your side. Shaughnessy had one assist for the day and Carter had two tackles and the one sack. I'd say that Penn did his job on that day.
"Hurries" is not an official stat. It's a subjective joke.

Penn has played well overall.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 17, 2012, 04:59:37 PM

^^Subjective opinion, and a joke.^^

Well done.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 17, 2012, 05:07:28 PM

Well done.

Of course it's opinion  ,  this entire thread is opinion , but I'm not the one using bogus unproveable stats and passing it off as the deciding factor.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 17, 2012, 05:10:58 PM

I guess its easy to ignore stats that don't fit into your argument, and try to brush them off as a "joke"

Do your thing, bro.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 17, 2012, 06:21:17 PM

That's the life of an offensive lineman, Nitey.  All of the OL around the NFL have between 50-70 offensive snaps a game.  If they get beat 3-5 times in a game, they had a bad game.  These standards are just levied upon Penn and the other Buccaneer linemen.

Well done.

Dolorous Jason was one of (the guys) still pimping Jeremy Trueblood as a good player.  His football opinions are in line with Morgan, Java, and VinBucFan
: November 20, 2012, 12:29:52 PM 3rd String Kicker

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 17, 2012, 06:32:57 PM

The Bucs are on a tear, primarily from running game and DEEP passing (the type that takes time to develop) and yet our LT sucks?   ROFLMAO.  I have not even bothered to look, but let me guess Biggs is one of the guys saying Penn sucks and he is using "stats" like "hurries" "breathed on QB" "Pocket shape maintained" "weight to sack ratio" and more
: November 20, 2012, 12:30:28 PM 3rd String Kicker

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 17, 2012, 06:41:14 PM

The Bucs are on a tear, primarily from running game and DEEP passing (the type that takes time to develop) and yet our LT sucks?   ROFLMAO.  I have not even bothered to look, but let me guess Buggs is one of the guys saying Penn sucks and he is using "stats" like "hurries" "breathed on QB" "Pocket shape maintained" "weight to sack ratio" and more

Sure you haven't "bothered to look," (VinBucFan).  It must be a giant coincidence you chimed in right after I called you out (that)

And nobody said Penn sucks, but you've never let facts stop you from (stating your opinion).  No need to start now.
: November 20, 2012, 12:31:27 PM 3rd String Kicker

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 17, 2012, 08:10:17 PM

I lol'd at *breathed on QB*.

Yea, no one has come close to saying that Penn sucks.

Apparently, when the Bucs have a winning record/win a few games in a row, criticism is considered taboo by some.
: November 20, 2012, 12:31:46 PM 3rd String Kicker

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 18, 2012, 06:30:35 AM

I lol'd at *breathed on QB*.

Yea, no one has come close to saying that Penn sucks.

Apparently, when the Bucs have a winning record/win a few games in a row, criticism is considered taboo by some.

#defensivehomers

to be fair, I dont think everyone has said Penn sucks.  I think that Biggs is so eager to "prove" that Penn sucks that he is like an impatient vulture waiting for Penn to die, so much so that when conventional stats like rushing stats and sacks dont support (Biggs' opinion) he goes to the (PFF) "stats"

Somebody still has to explain to me how a stat can be reliable when its foundation is a subjective observation.
: November 20, 2012, 12:33:30 PM 3rd String Kicker

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 18, 2012, 09:57:34 AM

Penn sucks because PFF says he has more "farts per series" than any other LT in the NFC.  On top of that, he actually tkinks that the run game and play action helps the passing game, which any stats guy like you can PROVE is absolutely false (even though the entire league uses play action).  :-[

You can keep calling me every name you want Internet bully, but I am guessing you are resorting to the name calling in this thread BECAUSE MY COMMENT WAS SPOT ON!!.  Hillarious when I took a guess . . .  lol
: November 20, 2012, 12:28:25 PM 3rd String Kicker

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 19, 2012, 06:20:37 PM

The Bucs are on a tear, primarily from running game and DEEP passing (the type that takes time to develop) and yet our LT sucks?   ROFLMAO.  I have not even bothered to look, but let me guess Buggs is one of the guys saying Penn sucks and he is using "stats" like "hurries" "breathed on QB" "Pocket shape maintained" "weight to sack ratio" and more

This pretty much sums it up .

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 19, 2012, 10:31:19 PM

Donald Penn vs. the Panthers:  7 QB hurries and 2 QB hits for a total of 9 QB pressures.

Add that to the 4 Total Pressures vs. Oakland and 6 Total Pressures vs. Minny, his mid-season fall-off is upon us.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 20, 2012, 12:18:31 AM

Donald Penn vs. the Panthers:  7 QB hurries and 2 QB hits for a total of 9 QB pressures.

Add that to the 4 Total Pressures vs. Oakland and 6 Total Pressures vs. Minny, his mid-season fall-off is upon us.

This can't be true.

We won, so everyone played perfect.

Those are made up stats that ar.......blah blah blah.

There, I pretty much covered them.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 20, 2012, 12:46:27 AM

Biggs has always had it out for Penn for some strange reason. He's not exactly an unbiased observer.

Yep. Been like that for a while. Somebody can search these boards and find all of his negative posts directed towards Penn. Kind of like how Dalbuc called Lorig a waste of a pick and roster space and was mostly negative about Schiano.

Neither one likes to admit they were wrong.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tackle Play « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools