Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tackle Play « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 20, 2012, 01:02:25 AM

What happened to all those "enlightened" Bucs fans who wanted to trade his @$$ because he held out

The only trade I remember hearing about was Penn for Doug Free and a first rounder.  That's a deal I would still jump all over today. 

Of course Dallas knows that Free is the better player, so no way they would do it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/44803/vick-doug-free-deals-among-nfls-worst

Remember how important it was to Cowboys fans that the team not let Free get away during that post-lockout free-agent frenzy? He's been a disaster. And it's not that he's struggling with the transition from left tackle to right tackle -- the team transitioned him there because he was so awful last year at left tackle. Again, the deal looked fine in the wake of Free's excellent 2010 season. But in retrospect, he's not an NFL left tackle and doesn't look much like an NFL right tackle either. Free's complete fall off a cliff after his big 2010 is one of the major mysteries with which the Cowboys are dealing right now.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 20, 2012, 10:40:46 AM

Free's play has been pretty crappy and I have no problem saying that, Joseph.  But you people that want to stick your head in the sand regarding Penn's play is comical

Doug Free:  40 Total QB Pressures
Donald Penn:  31 Total QB Pressures, 19 of which came in the last four games.

And I always get a kick out of the "you hate player X" when you point out a players poor performance.  Bunch of preschoolers.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 20, 2012, 12:37:02 PM

Your responses are usually juvenile and ego based. You refuse to admit you were wrong. Nothing new there. And I know you'd love for this to turn into 30 pages of back and forth but you can have the last word. Others can search for more of your biased posts against Penn over the past few years.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#48 : November 20, 2012, 12:38:43 PM

Guys, lets take it easy with the name calling either way. Some good quality football discussion is happening somewhere behind all of this, so I don't want to lock this one.

No problem with you guys arguing honestly, just take it easy with the personal jabs and the wacky nicknames... making me hungry.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 20, 2012, 12:46:16 PM

Your responses are usually juvenile and ego based. You refuse to admit you were wrong.  Nothing new there.

You mean like when I said that Free has played poorly above?  Good call, Joseph.

Others can search for more of your biased posts against Penn over the past few years.

Here's one of those "biased" posts they'll find:

After re-watching the game, I think that might have been Donald Penn's best four quarters of play in the NFL.  He was on point vs. Hail and Houston.

When Penn (or any Buccaneer player) plays well, they get credit.  When Penn (or any Buccaneer) player plays badly, they get criticism.  I know it's a novel concept for the homers around here, but that's I roll.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 21, 2012, 09:01:46 AM

Your responses are usually juvenile and ego based. You refuse to admit you were wrong.

...or honor a bet .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 21, 2012, 09:31:12 AM

When Penn (or any Buccaneer player) plays well, they get credit.  When Penn (or any Buccaneer) player plays badly, they get criticism.  I know it's a novel concept for the homers around here, but that's I roll.

Novel concept indeed.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tackle Play « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools