Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: boycott walmart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« : November 15, 2012, 08:05:14 PM »

so who's gonna take a stand with our brothers in labor against "Big Evil"?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 15, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »

The workers are demanding the following from Walmart:

Improve Workers’ Lives
Pay a minimum of $25,000/year and guarantee quality, affordable health coverage for all Walmart associates and workers in the company’s US distribution chain.

Rebuild Communities
Sign on to a national community benefits agreement that ensures as Walmart expands into new markets, it strengthens communities, protects the environment and is responsible for the well-being of its employees in its retail stores and US supply and distribution chain.

Put Its Promises in Writing
Agree to a global labor agreement guaranteeing the fundamental human right of freedom of association for all of its associates and instruct their suppliers to do the same, and recognize and negotiate with OUR Walmart.

Elevate Global Living Standards
Establish a legally binding global responsible contractor policy requiring contractors and subcontractors to provide living wages, worker safety protections, and respect basic human and labor rights, including freedom of association and freedom from racial and gender discrimination.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 15, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »

I'm thinking CBW, after that you might be struggling.

Walmart, the USA actually has absolutely no responsibility for Global Living Standards. In fact, they, or the USA  have absolutely no responsibility to global anything.

On top of that, Walmart provides a wide range of goods that poor people would otherwise not afford. One of the ways they do that is by keeping operational costs low. Increase those and the cost of the goods they sell will go up. How will that help the poor?

Last but not least, people work at Walmart for a reason. Those reasons are usually like:

1. They are starting out in life, in which case they will move on to better things.
2. They are retired and looking to supplement their income and know exactly what they are doing.
3. They are dumb as a rock and have found their station in life. As mean as it sounds, that is the way the cookie crumbles.
4. They have hit a bad time and it is at best temporary, worst, puts food on the table during **CENSORED**ty times.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 15, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »

Walmart, the USA actually has absolutely no responsibility for Global Living Standards. In fact, they, or the USA  have absolutely no responsibility to global anything.

On top of that, Walmart provides a wide range of goods that poor people would otherwise not afford. One of the ways they do that is by keeping operational costs low. Increase those and the cost of the goods they sell will go up. How will that help the poor?

Last but not least, people work at Walmart for a reason. Those reasons are usually like:

1. They are starting out in life, in which case they will move on to better things.
2. They are retired and looking to supplement their income and know exactly what they are doing.
3. They are dumb as a rock and have found their station in life. As mean as it sounds, that is the way the cookie crumbles.
4. They have hit a bad time and it is at best temporary, worst, puts food on the table during **CENSORED**ty times.

Amen . Good post.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 15, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »

walmart has no responsibility for providing their employees healthcare but the employees have the choice of walking.

Walmart provides a wide range of goods that poor or rich people don't need. How does walmart help the poor anymore than the local grocery store did before Walmart nuked em off the map?

What does this have to do with anything?

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 15, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »

Amen . Good post.
big corp - 2
laborers - 1

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 15, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »

Walmart provides a wide range of goods that poor or rich people don't need. How does walmart help the poor anymore than the local grocery store did before Walmart nuked em off the map?

It's obvious.   Walmart sells stuff MUCH cheaper than local store can.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 15, 2012, 10:02:44 PM »

at the expense of disgruntled employees? I understand it's walmarts prerogative to run their business however they want and I respect that. I also support the workers right to strike for better wages and treatment.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 15, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »

at the expense of disgruntled employees? I understand it's walmarts prerogative to run their business however they want and I respect that. I also support the workers right to strike for better wages and treatment.

Their right to strike?  Who gave them that right?  No union stuff at Walmart. That is another reason they are able to keep prices down.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 15, 2012, 10:36:58 PM »

I'm not surprised that wreck ship works at Walmart.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 15, 2012, 11:26:26 PM »

mwk

Practice Squad

« #11 : November 16, 2012, 07:03:12 AM »

Isn't this an ironic picture?

mwk

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #12 : November 16, 2012, 07:27:21 AM »

Yeah, these people @ Walmart do not deserve 25k a year, you're working there for a reason most likely. Good jobs can be found if you work hard at finding them, typically these people just want an easy way out and its not going to happen. Hopefully Walmart fires every person that  goes on strike.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 16, 2012, 08:14:45 AM »

I counted 7 Obama votes in this picture alone. No wonder he won...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 16, 2012, 08:35:10 AM »

More regulation. More laws. More unions. More government. More debt.

Same s--- different day with you left-wingers.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: boycott walmart « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools