Boards > Pirate's Cove

boycott walmart

<< < (2/22) > >>

wreck ship:

--- Quote from: Dolorous Jason on November 15, 2012, 09:00:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: spartan on November 15, 2012, 08:28:52 PM ---I'm thinking CBW, after that you might be struggling.

Walmart, the USA actually has absolutely no responsibility for Global Living Standards. In fact, they, or the USA  have absolutely no responsibility to global anything.

On top of that, Walmart provides a wide range of goods that poor people would otherwise not afford. One of the ways they do that is by keeping operational costs low. Increase those and the cost of the goods they sell will go up. How will that help the poor?

Last but not least, people work at Walmart for a reason. Those reasons are usually like:

1. They are starting out in life, in which case they will move on to better things.
2. They are retired and looking to supplement their income and know exactly what they are doing.
3. They are dumb as a rock and have found their station in life. As mean as it sounds, that is the way the cookie crumbles.
4. They have hit a bad time and it is at best temporary, worst, puts food on the table during **CENSORED**ty times.

--- End quote ---

Amen . Good post.

--- End quote ---
big corp - 2
laborers - 1

The Anti-Java:
Walmart provides a wide range of goods that poor or rich people don't need. How does walmart help the poor anymore than the local grocery store did before Walmart nuked em off the map?

It's obvious.   Walmart sells stuff MUCH cheaper than local store can.

wreck ship:

--- Quote from: The Anti-Java on November 15, 2012, 09:46:00 PM ---Walmart provides a wide range of goods that poor or rich people don't need. How does walmart help the poor anymore than the local grocery store did before Walmart nuked em off the map?

--- End quote ---
at the expense of disgruntled employees? I understand it's walmarts prerogative to run their business however they want and I respect that. I also support the workers right to strike for better wages and treatment.

The Anti-Java:

--- Quote from: wreck ship on November 15, 2012, 10:02:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Anti-Java on November 15, 2012, 09:46:00 PM ---Walmart provides a wide range of goods that poor or rich people don't need. How does walmart help the poor anymore than the local grocery store did before Walmart nuked em off the map?

--- End quote ---
at the expense of disgruntled employees? I understand it's walmarts prerogative to run their business however they want and I respect that. I also support the workers right to strike for better wages and treatment.

--- End quote ---

Their right to strike?  Who gave them that right?  No union stuff at Walmart. That is another reason they are able to keep prices down.

JavaRay:
I'm not surprised that wreck ship works at Walmart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version