Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: boycott walmart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 16, 2012, 11:46:01 PM

I counted 7 Obama votes in this picture alone. No wonder he won...

Say that to a black mans face.

Say what ? That I saw a picture on the internet with Obama voters in it ??
No, he means walking up to a black man, hold that pic up, and say "I counted 7 Obama votes in this picture alone. No wonder he won..."

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : November 17, 2012, 07:33:15 AM

No, he means walking up to a black man, hold that pic up, and say "I counted 7 Obama votes in this picture alone. No wonder he won..."

I'm not sure how that would offend anyone.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 17, 2012, 07:33:55 AM

This is all a cover up.  Most of those people in that pic are just suspended for calling the girl in the middle "Tattoo".

Tattoo was more feminine.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 17, 2012, 04:24:02 PM

I'm not sure how that would offend anyone.

They'd probably just think it was weird I was walking around holding a Walmart protest picture and talking to people about it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 20, 2012, 10:08:31 AM

Healthcare for all!!!

Yahoo!!!

Folks, I can agree in theory it's good for everyone to have healthcare. But we don't live in a Vacuum. Amongst other things, Obamacare told corporations with more than 50 people that it was required to provide healthcare to all employees. So with a company like walmart, that would literally put them out of business. So what do they do, cut people to part time so they don't have to pay for healthcare.

What did people think would happen? Honestly? Force the biggest companies in the US to pay a huge chunk more in healthcare and they would say okay, here you go, life goes on unchanged? Really? Were you so blind, stupid to think they would pay billions more every year for unskilled, any monkey can do it labor?

Get your head out of your asses people.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

spartan

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 20, 2012, 10:30:57 AM

Healthcare for all!!!

Yahoo!!!

Folks, I can agree in theory it's good for everyone to have healthcare. But we don't live in a Vacuum. Amongst other things, Obamacare told corporations with more than 50 people that it was required to provide healthcare to all employees. So with a company like walmart, that would literally put them out of business. So what do they do, cut people to part time so they don't have to pay for healthcare.

What did people think would happen? Honestly? Force the biggest companies in the US to pay a huge chunk more in healthcare and they would say okay, here you go, life goes on unchanged? Really? Were you so blind, stupid to think they would pay billions more every year for unskilled, any monkey can do it labor?

Haven't you figured it out yet? Single Payer.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 20, 2012, 11:41:29 AM

Were you so blind, stupid to think they would pay billions more every year for unskilled, any monkey can do it labor?

Careful, you are talking about wreck ship's livelihood.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 20, 2012, 12:27:31 PM

Healthcare for all!!!

Yahoo!!!

Haven't you figured it out yet? Single Payer.

Super! Who's the single payer and how are they going to fund it?

Like I said, it's a great idea. Yet no one is able to figure out how to pay for it. You'd have to cut many other government programs, salaries, and/or benefits in order to be able to fund it without bankrupting the country.

- Everyone

spartan

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 20, 2012, 02:12:52 PM

Super! Who's the single payer and how are they going to fund it?

Like I said, it's a great idea. Yet no one is able to figure out how to pay for it. You'd have to cut many other government programs, salaries, and/or benefits in order to be able to fund it without bankrupting the country.

This isn't supposed to work. Employers are supposed to kick everybody off company plans because it is cheaper. Then, the exchanges dictate impossibly expensive coverage with "free" women's health, children care, etc and so forth until the Insurance companies start pulling out and/or folding. At that point the Feds will have to come to the rescue and it will be paid for by your taxes.

On the "up" side, I don't think they anticipated so many companies turning from full time to part time employees so it may back fire yet. Next I anticipate a boat load of "contractors."

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 20, 2012, 02:28:56 PM

I'd be fine with a government run healthcare system. I'm against not in principle but because I don't think it's financially feasible. In order to pay for this system we would need a combination of large tax increases coupled with large cuts in government spending. I don't think either would fly.

- Everyone

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 20, 2012, 04:23:41 PM

Yeah, these people @ Walmart do not deserve 25k a year, you're working there for a reason most likely.

I do agree that Walmart gets over on their employees and taxpayers. I have heard more than once Walmart actually encourages their employees to file for government assistance because they don't want to pay benefits.

Ah, and herein lies the rub. Conservatives oppose Wal-Mart workers (or any workers) striking for wage increases and benefits, yet also complain about the growing number of people receiving government assistance. Wal-Mart is opting to pay people peanuts, and encouraging workers to look to the government to subsidize their remaining expenses and health care needs.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say that we need to make it so people aren't so dependent on the state for "gifts", yet oppose the very jobs available to those who are likely on welfare from being jobs that actually pay a living wage. You think Wal-Mart workers don't deserve to make any more than $7.25 an hour with no benefits? Fine. But don't **CENSORED** when you see those same people in the check out line in front of you buying their groceries with food stamps while talking on their cell phones.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 20, 2012, 04:55:23 PM

I'm thinking CBW, after that you might be struggling.

Walmart, the USA actually has absolutely no responsibility for Global Living Standards. In fact, they, or the USA  have absolutely no responsibility to global anything.

On top of that, Walmart provides a wide range of goods that poor people would otherwise not afford. One of the ways they do that is by keeping operational costs low. Increase those and the cost of the goods they sell will go up. How will that help the poor?

Last but not least, people work at Walmart for a reason. Those reasons are usually like:

1. They are starting out in life, in which case they will move on to better things.
2. They are retired and looking to supplement their income and know exactly what they are doing.
3. They are dumb as a rock and have found their station in life. As mean as it sounds, that is the way the cookie crumbles.
4. They have hit a bad time and it is at best temporary, worst, puts food on the table during **CENSORED**ty times.

Amen . Good post.

Great post. 17 on the CBW scale (good for 17 pages of flip flopping, results oriented, politically driven dishonesty)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 20, 2012, 05:09:04 PM

Yeah, these people @ Walmart do not deserve 25k a year, you're working there for a reason most likely.

I do agree that Walmart gets over on their employees and taxpayers. I have heard more than once Walmart actually encourages their employees to file for government assistance because they don't want to pay benefits.

Ah, and herein lies the rub. Conservatives oppose Wal-Mart workers (or any workers) striking for wage increases and benefits, yet also complain about the growing number of people receiving government assistance. Wal-Mart is opting to pay people peanuts, and encouraging workers to look to the government to subsidize their remaining expenses and health care needs.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say that we need to make it so people aren't so dependent on the state for "gifts", yet oppose the very jobs available to those who are likely on welfare from being jobs that actually pay a living wage. You think Wal-Mart workers don't deserve to make any more than $7.25 an hour with no benefits? Fine. But don't **CENSORED** when you see those same people in the check out line in front of you buying their groceries with food stamps while talking on their cell phones.

Interesting point. Give me a few minutes to think of a good way to bend this so I can continue to live in my little box with my opinions and feel all nice and cozy about it.

- Everyone

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 20, 2012, 06:39:38 PM

"I'd be fine with a government run healthcare system. I'm against not in principle...................."

I've heard R's say this before but they don't  seem to acknowledge the failure of past R administrations to implement a plan to address the issue. Perhaps if they had been a bit more proactive on the matter then perhaps a more palatable plan could have been implemented. It's hard to sympathize w/ a R that agrees in principle but failed to deliver when they held sway.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 20, 2012, 07:16:30 PM

"I'd be fine with a government run healthcare system. I'm against not in principle...................."

I've heard R's say this before but they don't  seem to acknowledge the failure of past R administrations to implement a plan to address the issue. Perhaps if they had been a bit more proactive on the matter then perhaps a more palatable plan could have been implemented. It's hard to sympathize w/ a R that agrees in principle but failed to deliver when they held sway.

What's interesting about this is that "Obamacare" is sed Republican plan to address the issue. It's the same plan in principle to the one Bob Dole trotted out to counter "Hillarycare" in the '90's.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: boycott walmart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools