Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: boycott walmart « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#105 : November 24, 2012, 10:08:32 AM

I have that plan, but the $35 is only if you are added to another plan which would make it $70, and you have to buy the phone. But, I think people have a problem when some complain about not having enough money to put food on the table but have an unlimited texting and data plan. You could have a tracfone for $10.

Ya but this is 2012. People want iphone, and droid

This guy...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#106 : November 24, 2012, 10:18:30 AM

Why are you asking me that question?

If you build it, they will come.

This guy...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#107 : November 24, 2012, 09:58:28 PM

Reminds me of my maid.   I pay her 5 dollars a day 3 days a week to clean my place.   She also works for some other person 3 days a week.   So she makes about $120 a month working 6 days a week.   Her husband drives a motorbike taxi so I'd guess he makes about the same as her.    Let's say they make a total of $400 a month.   I have no idea how they can live on that here.   They both have nice cell phones, but they live in a dump.   It's like their lives revolve around those cell phones.   She said in her free time, she plays games and texts her friends (constantly).   I gave her a book on learning to speak English and told her that if she learns that, she can get a much better paying job.   I told her to learn 2 words each day and I will help her.    At first I started out selecting a couple of words each day and speaking them with her over and over to get her started.   But she didn't even try to learn English on her own at all because she's too busy playing on her cell phone, so I gave up and just speak to her in the local language now.   I would imagine the lower income people in the US have exactly the same mindset.   That's why they stay lower income.   I guess that's good for your business though.

I had the worst cell phone possible for years simply so that nobody would ever be tempted to steal it.   I had no desire to do anything but call or text, so why the hell would I want a nicer phone?   Besides, the crappy phone was smaller and easy to carry.     But then I discovered that the local girls actually judge a guy based on the cell phone they own.   So if you don't have a nice cell phone, they aren't as attracted to you.   Ridiculous, but it turned out to be true.  (Women are so materialistic).    I would guess that is a big factor in poor people wanting those phones as well.    Why waste money taking a class at some technical school to get a job in 1 year when they can use that money to attract girls with a hot cell phone now with that money?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#108 : November 25, 2012, 09:54:58 AM

Reminds me of my maid.   I pay her 5 dollars a day 3 days a week to clean my place. 

Cheap bastard

spartan

Hall of Famer
#109 : November 25, 2012, 08:15:03 PM

I have that plan, but the $35 is only if you are added to another plan which would make it $70, and you have to buy the phone. But, I think people have a problem when some complain about not having enough money to put food on the table but have an unlimited texting and data plan. You could have a tracfone for $10.

Ya but this is 2012. People want iphone, and droid

I want a whole bunch of stuff, but when it comes to unlimited texting or feeding my kids, how could it even be a choice?
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: boycott walmart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools