Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib talks to Boston media after debut with Patriots « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: November 16, 2012, 12:14:58 AM

NOVEMBER 15, 2012

Aqib Talib talks to Boston media after debut with Patriots

Former Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib debuted on the practice field in New England this week, after completing his four-game league suspension.

Today, he met with media covering the Patriots for the first time. Talib, who was traded to the Patriots on Nov. 1, chose not to delve into his past off-field issues or discuss much about his time in Tampa Bay. Instead, he talked mostly about integrating into the Patriots organization.

I did my best to stay in pretty good shape (during the suspension), Talib said to Boston-area reporters. (Im) coming in early and leaving late and trying to learn the system. The guys have been great. Theyve embraced me and I love the team already.

Talib said he had no sense a trade was being discussed and was initially surprised.

Youre always surprised when you get traded, he said. I mean, its football and Ive seen it happen before, so I was surprised when it happened to me, but kind of not surprised.

Ive seen it happen before. Ive seen guys come and go and Ive seen it happen in the business before so you cant really be surprised by nothing in this league.

As for his opportunity with the first-place Patriots, Talib said Its a great opportunity with a great organization and Im going to do what I can to come in and help win some ballgames.

On his meeting with coach Bill Belichick, Talib said the topic was singular.

We just talked straight football, Talib said. He didnt bring up the past. I didnt bring up the past. He didnt bring up the future. I didnt bring up the future. He just told me to take it one day at a time.

Asked about how hes been portrayed in the media, Talib didnt bite.

What happened in the past is in the past, he said. Im just looking forward to making the most of this opportunity and win some ballgames.

Posted by Stephen Holder at 6:49:13 pm on November 15, 2012

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 16, 2012, 12:18:28 AM

Definitely think he'll shine in the regular season, because outside of Luck and Schaub all the QBs the Pats play down the stretch suck. We'll see how he does in the playoffs.
: November 16, 2012, 08:58:50 AM BucsBay

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 16, 2012, 08:53:56 AM

I don't really think it matters if the QBs he is playing against are considered good or not....the guy is completely inconsistent and hasn't had a good season in quite some time. It will be interesting to see how he responds.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 16, 2012, 09:00:38 AM

I don't really think it matters if the QBs he is playing against are considered good or not....the guy is completely inconsistent and hasn't had a good season in quite some time. It will be interesting to see how he responds.

So bad QBs don't make CBs look better, and good QBs don't make them look worse? Ok Shaun King, I didn't know you posted under this account.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 16, 2012, 12:44:52 PM

I'm relieved that he's not a worry for the Bucs anymore, and I'm happy the Bucs got something for him. Schiano gave him a chance and he blew it. We get to see some new talent.............so far, so good.

Dunk-a-Neers

Second String

#5 : November 16, 2012, 02:35:24 PM

One of the great things about this year is that we have alot of our roster getting actual game time.  With this being Schianos first year here, he can better evaluate where he wants to go come FA/Draft time.  If we Talib never got popped for Adderall and traded, we wouldn't know what we had in Johnson because Biggers would be playing the nickel.  Not to mention that T'eo has been playing very nicely since settling into a starting role along with our multiple Offensive linemen

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 16, 2012, 04:44:39 PM

I'm glad he went to New England, probably the only team that can help him continue what Schiano started in terms of turning his life around. Regardless of my opinions on him as a Buccaneer, I never want to see a guy throw his life away.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 16, 2012, 09:37:23 PM

Can't say I miss him to be honest.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 16, 2012, 09:57:56 PM

I'm glad he went to New England, probably the only team that can help him continue what Schiano started in terms of turning his life around. Regardless of my opinions on him as a Buccaneer, I never want to see a guy throw his life away.

amen

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 16, 2012, 11:05:27 PM

I do

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 17, 2012, 08:26:55 AM

Talib is a better corner than most of the guys we have on our roster. They got a talented football player. I realize Nicks tore him a new butthole, and we win without him.. But people are delusional to think he wouldn't help us back there right now..

That being said, a 4th round pick is hard to argue with. Just sucks because our corners are THAT putrid

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aqib Talib talks to Boston media after debut with Patriots « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools