Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN First Take: Josh Freeman or Cam Newton? 11/16 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Ms Elam

Starter

#30 : November 17, 2012, 09:06:05 AM

Sad thing about this is Skip is the worst analyst to evaluate QB's, ever.

He's the main one supporting Freeman in this video.
You do realize skip had been the only analyst supporting Tebow on a consistent basis right? He's responsible for about 50 percent of the air time Tebow gets on that network.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 17, 2012, 09:06:34 AM

I don't think he's a racist. From what I can tell from watching the show, him and skip(a white guy) have been best friends for decades. I just think he is very honest about racial issues and he doesn't sugar coat it.

1. Just because you have a white friend doesnt make change the fact you have made racist comments
2. I could give you countless examples of Stephen A pulling the race card , that makes me roll my eyes. He might be honest about what he believes, but hes a moron LOL

This guy...

Ms Elam

Starter

#32 : November 17, 2012, 09:24:01 AM

Skip Bayless is the voice of reason? Whaaaaaat??? Although I guess it's not that hard when you're debating Steven A Smith. That guy is a moron. Attributes Freeman's success to his teammates. I like how Bayless says Cam has Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. If you ask me, Cam's real problem comes from the ridiculous scheme they run.
All of Stephens points were moot because josh went through all of those things Cam is going through. Big year followed by a down year, terrible head coaching with even worse offensive coordinating. The difference is Josh didn't sit on the end of the bench with his head down, he didn't have press conferences acting like losing a football game was the end of the world, he didn't make inflammatory remarks that led directly to someone losing their job. The old NFL adage, winning cures everything, losing shows your true character. Unless the panthers win every game, Cams issue won't go away. He is who he is, you can't make a guy a leader. A team leader is suppose to be go around picking guys up when the team is losing. Not sitting separated from everyone else trying to distance himself from the loss. A QB gets big credit for the wins, cam has no problem with that, but they also get credit for the losses, but not cam, seems like he tries to distance himself from thee loss.
: November 17, 2012, 09:29:06 AM Ms Elam

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 17, 2012, 09:29:04 AM

He may have been nice to you.. But in my honest opinion(and I have one on the subject because I watch, discuss, and read all things sports). That man is backwards, RACIST, and knows absolutely nothing about football. That discussion on black qb's the other day was nauseating. He's a race baiter and quiet frankly I think his style is oppressive to blacks.

Oh its also really annoying he thinks every NBA player is his best friend.

The fact that you "watch, discuss, and read all things sports" makes your opinion no more or less important that anyone elses. What i will say about Screamin A is that i believe its all an act... especially when he's ranting with Skip Bayless. They have both created 'characters' to get people to watch and the fact that we're discussing him means its working.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Theoldbuc

Starter

#34 : November 17, 2012, 09:38:55 AM

I don't think he's a racist. From what I can tell from watching the show, him and skip(a white guy) have been best friends for decades. I just think he is very honest about racial issues and he doesn't sugar coat it.

1. Just because you have a white friend doesnt make change the fact you have made racist comments
2. I could give you countless examples of Stephen A pulling the race card , that makes me roll my eyes. He might be honest about what he believes, but hes a moron LOL

As a black man, I have to say, that is the most race baiting nonsense ever uttered by a sports reporter! He is basically saying, anytime a black person is uncomfortable and blames it on racism, the black man is right. WOW! Fire his a** now!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 17, 2012, 09:42:54 AM

The fact that you "watch, discuss, and read all things sports" makes your opinion no more or less important that anyone elses.

Who said it was more important?

What i will say about Screamin A is that i believe its all an act... especially when he's ranting with Skip Bayless.

I agree that alot of it is nonsense to generate viewership but watching it atleast 3 or 4 times a week gives me an idea of how he feels. His views don't vary to far from his "character"

This guy...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 17, 2012, 09:43:52 AM

As a black man, I have to say, that is the most race baiting nonsense ever uttered by a sports reporter! He is basically saying, anytime a black person is uncomfortable and blames it on racism, the black man is right.

It is a disgusting premise he brings. And he spews this type of discussion on the regular.

This guy...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#37 : November 17, 2012, 09:47:01 AM

As a black man, I have to say, that is the most race baiting nonsense ever uttered by a sports reporter! He is basically saying, anytime a black person is uncomfortable and blames it on racism, the black man is right.

It is a disgusting premise he brings. And he spews this type of discussion on the regular.

He's worthless.   I don't know why they even have that idiot on the air.   

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 17, 2012, 09:47:57 AM

I agree that alot of it is nonsense to generate viewership but watching it atleast 3 or 4 times a week gives me an idea of how he feels. His views don't vary to far from his "character"

The fact that you watch 3/4 times a week is why they'll continue to put his nonsense on the air.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 17, 2012, 09:53:00 AM

Also, Steven A. Smith was probably the biggest jerk I ever had the displeasure of working with outside of Bubba the Love Sponge.

Had tix to a live Steven A show when i was in NYC some yrs ago. It got cancelled due to a baseball gm going into extra innings so Smith offered us tix to another show. I told him we couldn't accept because we were from outta state, he then wrote a note for us to take down to the restaurant in the same bldg letting them know to give us the dinner of our choosing.... on him. He definitely wasn't a jerk to the six of us.

Let me guess.   You are black.   That's the most important thing to that guy.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 17, 2012, 09:55:18 AM

He's worthless.   I don't know why they even have that idiot on the air.

Its mystifying watching him and Skip Baseless yell at eachother. When im doing paperwork and bills I usually have it on in the background, and as soon as one of my guys comes into my office I start ranting about the bullshlt Im overhearing on TV and I start yelling how dumb they are. I waste too much energy on First Take, I can admit that.

This guy...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 17, 2012, 09:57:29 AM

I have to admit I don't watch their show often, but have seen it a few times.   The sad thing is that Skip Bayless guy sucks so bad that even though he always talks up Tim Tebow, I think he's an idiot.     Stephen A-hole is just a blatant racist.   It's not even a football show when those guys are on.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 17, 2012, 10:01:04 AM

I have to admit I don't watch their show often, but have seen it a few times.   The sad thing is that Skip Bayless guy sucks so bad that even though he always talks up Tim Tebow, I think he's an idiot.     Stephen A-hole is just a blatant racist.   It's not even a football show when those guys are on.

To add to what Hate was saying as far as them being "characters". Skip is your typical clueless, old school white fan(loves Tebow). Stephen A is your typical arrogant, new school black fan(loves Cam Newton).

Most sports debates are about this stupid anyway. You ever tallk sports at the barber shop? Its a blast, but half time you got guys who know jackshlt adding their 2 cents

This guy...

Ms Elam

Starter

#43 : November 17, 2012, 10:37:15 AM

I just think this new generation throws around the word racist to much. Racist is a deep hated for someone based on their skin color. Not applying the "race card" to issues in sports. Its not even like he's using the race card for issues he's been through. He's just giving his opinion on perceptions of things going on in sports. Is he an annoying analyst, sure but I have a hard time believing he hates anybody based on there skin color.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 17, 2012, 10:39:16 AM

Racism :  1
a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

: racial prejudice or discrimination

This guy...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN First Take: Josh Freeman or Cam Newton? 11/16 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools