Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Bucs offer QB Josh Freeman a contract extension? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: November 17, 2012, 12:29:14 AM

Do Bucs offer QB Josh Freeman a contract extension?

By Rick Stroud, Times Staff Writer
 In Print: Sunday, November 18, 2012

For the second straight season, the play of QB Josh Freeman has changed the Bucs' fortunes. Over the past five games, he is 4-1 with 13 touchdowns, one interception and a rating of over 100 in each. But will the day come when he switches his NFL address?

After this season, Freeman, 24, has one year left on the five-year, $26 million contract he signed as a rookie.

If you are coach Greg Schiano, who inherited the 6-foot-6 passer from Kansas State, do you buy or sell Freeman as the Bucs' future? In other words, when does the organization approach his father/agent, Ron Freeman, with a proposal for a multiyear extension?

"I wouldn't do anything during the season," said NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly, the former Redskins and Texans general manager. "No. 1, you've got a team here that's getting on a little bit of a roll. You've got a young quarterback. He's still learning how to handle the ups and downs with the league. It's a new offense, a new experience with the coaching staff. So let's not do anything to upset his concentration and preparation from week to week. There's plenty of time in the offseason. You have him under contract for another year. You have a franchise tag.

"It's a tough one because they've (the current staff) only had him one year. I think it's a hard discussion in the offseason about whether to extend him or not. Let's play through the end of the season and let's have that discussion at that point in time."

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 17, 2012, 12:48:55 AM

Yes, they offer an extension. -And they should.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 17, 2012, 01:17:09 AM

how is this even a question?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : November 17, 2012, 01:19:35 AM

That money can be spent more wisely elsewhere.

lowlife

Starter
#4 : November 17, 2012, 01:30:40 AM

I want Chris Simms back

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 17, 2012, 01:43:48 AM

I want Chris Simms back

With this supporting cast?   Not a bad idea.   He'd light it up.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 17, 2012, 01:50:39 AM

I want Chris Simms back

I lol'd

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 17, 2012, 02:31:00 AM

I think Freeman may have earned an extension with his play the last 5 games, but I agree with Casserly that there is no reason to extend him midseason.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 17, 2012, 03:19:14 AM

I want Chris Simms back

He'd light something up.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 17, 2012, 05:24:18 AM

I want Chris Simms back

He'd light something up.

every time hed try to pass the joint it would get batted down.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 17, 2012, 05:32:51 AM

I want Chris Simms back

He'd light something up.

every time hed try to pass the joint it would get batted down.
lol  ;D

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 17, 2012, 05:54:22 AM

Yeah, like signing tebow to a huge contract so he can play ST? ....Because tebow wouldnt beat Dan for first spot on this team.Yep, real wise move right there.

Freeman is a baller and better than your boyfriend tebow will ever be in the nfl. Learn to understand, tebow will always be a temporary QB.

I say pay freeman now, that way it will be cheaper than paying him off after a title win.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 17, 2012, 05:58:39 AM

It was a question going into the season, but shouldn't be one now. Josh has two decent seasons under his belt - the bad one can be chalked up to bad coaching and a bad team.

Good QBs aren't easy to find in this league.  He's good and worth an extension. He's also a quality individual.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 17, 2012, 06:10:33 AM

It was a question going into the season, but shouldn't be one now. Josh has two decent seasons under his belt - the bad one can be chalked up to bad coaching and a bad team.

Good QBs aren't easy to find in this league.  He's good and worth an extension. He's also a quality individual.

Yeah, he's a quality guy. If he wasn't, he would've gotten in trouble while under raheem's tenure and his buddy-buddy approach.

Poor freeman though. He had to endure raheem and Olsen for the first part of his career. Tough start for any QB.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#14 : November 17, 2012, 06:36:07 AM

For the last time, no, the Buccaneers will not pay your psychiatric bills.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Bucs offer QB Josh Freeman a contract extension? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools