Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Ditka suffers minor stroke, says he's OK « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: November 17, 2012, 01:45:24 AM

(Reuters) - Super Bowl winning player and coach Mike Ditka was taken to hospital after a minor stroke on Friday and will be rested from his usual weekend television commitments.

Ditka, 73, was playing cards at a suburban country club when he noticed his hands "weren't working quite right" and then he had a problem speaking, the Chicago Tribune reported.

"I feel good right now and it's not a big deal," Ditka said.

The hugely popular coach was at the helm of the Chicago Bears for their 1985 Super Bowl winning season and remains the most beloved by Bears fans.

Ditka was a five-time Pro Bowl selection at tight end while playing at the Bears between 1961-66 before moving on to the Philadelphia Eagles and then the Dallas Cowboys, where he featured in the Super Bowl VI triumph.

He was later assistant coach for the Dallas Cowboys when they won Super Bowl XII.

Ditka suffered a heart attack while coaching the Bears in 1988 but returned to work within a week.

http://news.yahoo.com/former-bears-coach-ditka-suffers-stroke-031253510--nfl.html

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 17, 2012, 02:38:37 AM

Sorry to hear that this was a test of speech recognition software very cool

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 17, 2012, 08:21:18 AM

Poor guy. Mini strokes are usually a precursor to more severe ones and dementia. Hopefully there are some lifestyle changes he can make to help battle it

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 17, 2012, 08:42:16 AM

Even though he can be hard to listen to, because he constantly starts new sentences without completing the previous sentence, I still like his analysis. Hopefully all is well with him.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 17, 2012, 08:52:40 AM

Even though he can be hard to listen to, because he constantly starts new sentences without completing the previous sentence, I still like his analysis. Hopefully all is well with him.

I agree he gets a little ahead of himself when he speaks sometimes. But what I love about Ditka is he seems to be one of the few guys on TV that actually have that oldschool mentality to playing football. John Lynch is a good one as well

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : November 17, 2012, 08:54:03 AM

Ditka is awesome for the game.   I hope he stays healthy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 17, 2012, 08:55:47 AM

I agree he gets a little ahead of himself when he speaks sometimes. But what I love about Ditka is he seems to be one of the few guys on TV that actually have that oldschool mentality to playing football. John Lynch is a good one as well

ESPN should make it a requirement that he has gum in his mouth when appearing in front of the camera.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 17, 2012, 08:58:03 AM

Sorry to hear that this was a test of speech recognition software very cool

Didnt your spamming ass get traded to Oakland? Still making the big bucks doing your business marketing in Brandon? LOL . LOSER

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#8 : November 17, 2012, 09:22:40 AM

I hope Ditka gets well soon, but according to these guys it was just another day at the office! 

Ditka vs. Hurricane

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 17, 2012, 09:45:14 AM

Proof that you never know what's around the corner. Thursday, one of my co-workers had a heart attack @ 45 yrs old.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : November 17, 2012, 09:55:07 AM

When Farrah, Ron Hall, and Michael Jackson died, I realized life is too short and you can go any time.    I grew up watching them.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Ditka suffers minor stroke, says he's OK « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools