Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rutgers at 9-1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 19, 2012, 09:52:09 PM

At some point you need to give some credit to the players. Raheem never coached this team. Gruden and Dungy never coached this team. This is not the same team that went 4-12 last year. This is a much more talented team. This is the biggest factor in our success.

As far as Rutgers, I have no idea. Maybe they have a more talented team this year, too?

Coaching is important, but like has been said in here already, the OC and DC and position coaches do most of the 'coaching', while the head coach needs to be an organizer, a motivator, and a delegator more than anything.

Don't give Coach Schiano all the credit, and don't give him all the blame. There is a reason it's called a team.

lmao, look who is mad 'cause we're winning

Why is it so hard for people to admit they were wrong? I mean seriously...who gives a **CENSORED**??

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 19, 2012, 11:40:32 PM

I'm all for saying players are a big factor, but they can only run the plays called by the coaches. They can only work out the way the coach suggests, unless they have private  outside-work-workouts. They can in some cases, only eat what the coaches say to eat.

So, yeah, coaching is a huge factor for success in the NFL, or college for that matter.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 20, 2012, 01:02:36 AM

The head coach is the most important man on the field for your team. He can overrule his coordinators. He can motivate or demotivate the players. He can take poor talent and elevate it, he can take outstanding talent and cause it to underperform. He can make your players and staff organized and disciplined or disorganized and undisciplined. All critical decisions are made or approved by the head coach.

While I respect the opinions of others, those who don't think that the above is true probably hasn't played team sports, particularly football, at a high level.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#48 : November 20, 2012, 03:37:27 AM

The head coach is the most important man on the field for your team. He can overrule his coordinators. He can motivate or demotivate the players. He can take poor talent and elevate it, he can take outstanding talent and cause it to underperform. He can make your players and staff organized and disciplined or disorganized and undisciplined. All critical decisions are made or approved by the head coach.

While I respect the opinions of others, those who don't think that the above is true probably hasn't played team sports, particularly football, at a high level.

That's why Gruden was so great.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 20, 2012, 03:41:28 AM

Was, as in old news. We're talking about an active coach here.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#50 : November 20, 2012, 09:36:47 AM

Was, as in ten years ago and for ONE season.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#51 : November 20, 2012, 09:39:10 AM

S & B is just upset he lost a little bet during the bye. He said the Bucs wouldn't win more than 5 games this year. I said we most definitely would. I suggested we bet that whoever is wrong take a year off of posting and he agreed. You can tell he's upset about it now.

He is under quite a bit of stress right now.  He worked at a Twinkie factory  IIRC.

That explains a lot.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 20, 2012, 10:57:55 AM

oh man, why did you guys have to get sparky's butt hurt flaring up again? he was so excited about the first EVER Bucs come back victory in team history .......

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#53 : November 20, 2012, 11:09:16 AM

Same Debate: Gruden won with Dungy's program, Flood winning with Schiano's program?

I think the key is how does it turn out after one year.  We saw where we ended up with Gruden, will be interesting to see where Rutgers goes from here.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#54 : November 20, 2012, 11:26:19 AM

oh man, why did you guys have to get sparky's butt hurt flaring up again? he was so excited about the first EVER Bucs come back victory in team history .......

Your concern and focus on my butt is funny and a little disturbing. Look around a little and you will find my butt on other threads. Look around too much and you might need glasses..............or you might try posting something that is football related for a change.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 29, 2012, 10:54:38 PM

And Rutgers loses its last 2 games when they only needed 1 to win the Big East. The team collapsed.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#56 : November 29, 2012, 11:06:36 PM

Nice to see that Flood kept Schiano's bull rushing the quarterback on the kneel down play alive.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#57 : November 29, 2012, 11:15:29 PM

Your concern and focus on my butt is funny and a little disturbing. Look around a little and you will find my butt on other threads. Look around too much and you might need glasses..............or you might try posting something that is football related for a change.

great post, I suppose I could figure out how to work Gruden sucks into every thread, but you seem to have that market cornered ......
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rutgers at 9-1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools