Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Baron « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SCOUT

Starter

: November 18, 2012, 02:22:12 PM

He started out on fire but through 2 quarters he is looking rather average. Is he hitting the wall or is he just playing safe.

Bucfest

Rookie

#1 : November 18, 2012, 02:23:25 PM

I do not know but he needs to get his a$$ together.

Juno

Starter
#2 : November 18, 2012, 02:30:51 PM

He definitely has not been impressive lately.  He is starting to remind me of last year's safeties.  He is not making splash plays.  The only splash plays he is involved in are for the other team.  Covering tight ends was something he was supposed to be able to do, but he sure gets burned a lot by tight ends. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 18, 2012, 02:31:48 PM

Barron has looked like crap for a few weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 18, 2012, 02:52:50 PM

i think he has hit a wall, he is being attacked more 

ErnieBuc

Rookie

#5 : November 18, 2012, 02:56:33 PM

Honestly, that was a BULL*HIT call in the endzone.  I don't care if he didn't look back, he covered well, and the flag was chincy.  He batted it away, and there was hardly any contact at all.  The real refs aren't as bad as the scabs were, but they ****ed up on that one.  You can't flag someone for not turning to locate the ball.

Bucfest

Rookie

#6 : November 18, 2012, 04:01:22 PM

Dam it Freeman take command and get these guys lined up faster!

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 18, 2012, 04:06:22 PM

Barron's worst game by far IMO...he was awful today.

Maybe he makes a play here to atone.

stormsct

Starter

#8 : November 18, 2012, 05:29:35 PM

Barron is a rookie and will need time to learn what it takes to be a Safety in the NFL. He has shown flashes of what he can do. He just needs the time to gain the experience. I'm not worried.

It's the rare rookie that can maintain high output throughout an entire NFL season.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#9 : November 18, 2012, 06:00:11 PM

he's become a liability in pass coverage, and he is missing tackles in the run game. You can see he's not playing with instincts right now. I think he's much faster and more powerful then what we are seeing. When a player is thinking all the time they play slow. He might be a guy that needs a few years to really reach his potential.

On the other hand. our other safeties had pretty damn big days.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 18, 2012, 06:03:31 PM

he's become a liability in pass coverage, and he is missing tackles in the run game. You can see he's not playing with instincts right now. I think he's much faster and more powerful then what we are seeing. When a player is thinking all the time they play slow. He might be a guy that needs a few years to really reach his potential.

On the other hand. our other safeties had pretty damn big days.

Yup. Barron has played bad since the Skins game. His play has went from average to below-average.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 18, 2012, 06:04:10 PM

Honestly, that was a BULL*HIT call in the endzone.  I don't care if he didn't look back, he covered well, and the flag was chincy.  He batted it away, and there was hardly any contact at all.  The real refs aren't as bad as the scabs were, but they ****ed up on that one.  You can't flag someone for not turning to locate the ball.

I hear ya...and agree...but bottom line, all he had to do was turn his head around when he saw the receiver running out of endzone and he would have been safe. He knows the rules. He has been well coached on what to do in that situation. He just didn't do it. Myron Lewis got called on a similar play just like that a few years ago in a critical game.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 18, 2012, 06:12:20 PM

He has been poor in coverage all season.  He has made a few plays but the team is asking a lot of him.  Many times he is asked to blitz and immediately out of the play.  In the end this is the NFL.  David and Barron are rookies.  They have great instincts and should improve.  Barron has a sneaky move of not looking back and playing the receiver without much contact.  If the refs see it enough they may stop calling interference.  I think it happened a couple games ago when they picked up the flag. 

watson

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 18, 2012, 06:33:28 PM

As has been said...he is a rookie.....I seem to remember Coach Dungy taking John Lynch out of a starters role when he became the HC....and Lynch was in his 3rd year in the league.  Exactly who on the roster does anyone think would do better?  I'm not a huge Barron fan, but just not sure what everyone is expecting of him

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Tommy

Starter

#14 : November 18, 2012, 06:38:05 PM

It seems like Barron is regressing. He's a  rook though and hopefully he works it out. I loved his play during the Skins game but he has been non-existent since. He could of snatch that ball away during that pass interference call if he would of turned around.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Baron « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools