Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Baron « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 18, 2012, 06:50:50 PM

There was little if any contact, but the refs WILL call PI if a receiver is past the DB and the DB raises his arms AND fails to turn around to make a play on the ball. They call it "faceguarding"... So, it was a good call.
    I agree Barron may well be thinking more out there as he gets more responsibilities; a safety sees a lot of schemes thrown at him and has a lot of info to process AND a lot of ground to cover. I'm sure he'll be fine.

bent09

Starter

#16 : November 18, 2012, 07:41:21 PM

Ok flame suit on.....

He has got to get his head around and he leads the league in ints.  Frustrating...  I am not so upset but his "Tanard" tackling style will not work with the big boys.  There were one or two today that almost had him. 

With that said I think he has all the tools but stop blitzing him.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 18, 2012, 07:45:52 PM

As has been said...he is a rookie.....I seem to remember Coach Dungy taking John Lynch out of a starters role when he became the HC....and Lynch was in his 3rd year in the league.  Exactly who on the roster does anyone think would do better?  I'm not a huge Barron fan, but just not sure what everyone is expecting of him

agreed.  Martin and David aren't the norm and frankly we've been spoiled by their stellar play.  Give Barron some time. 

Pewterman

Starter

#18 : November 18, 2012, 08:41:16 PM

Barron is struggling but those are the growing pains that comes with playing as a rookie in a pass happy professional league especially when you play in the arguably worst defensive secondary in the league. If you were an OC who would you want to exploit? The future HOF or the Rookie? He'll be continued to be picked on until he becomes a danger defensively when defending the pass. Sadly the porous state of this whole secondary isn't helping him. Not ready to pull out the "he's a bust" or "he sucks" card just yet.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 18, 2012, 08:45:42 PM

With that said I think he has all the tools..

I'm starting to think he doesn't have all the tools. It's starting to look like he was drafted #7 overall because he laid big hits players from Vandy and Kent St. I won't call him a bust, but I have liked very little of what he has shown so far.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : November 18, 2012, 08:50:17 PM

I'm starting to think he doesn't have all the tools. It's starting to look like he was drafted #7 overall because he laid big hits players from Vandy and Kent St. I won't call him a bust, but I have liked very little of what he has shown so far.

He's not impressive, that's for sure.   Maybe he's just not too intelligent and will take a year or two to pick up the system.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 18, 2012, 08:51:51 PM

too soon man.  lets see how he finishes the year.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 18, 2012, 08:54:25 PM

Um....overreaction much.

I remember after the Cowboys game, it was "Freeman is the worst QB in the NFL" with still 12+ games to play. Lets not pretend Barron did not show up in big games in his college career b/c that's just a stupid comment. Barron has the talent to be a great player, give him time.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 18, 2012, 09:15:42 PM

Um....overreaction much.

I remember after the Cowboys game, it was "Freeman is the worst QB in the NFL" with still 12+ games to play. Lets not pretend Barron did not show up in big games in his college career b/c that's just a stupid comment. Barron has the talent to be a great player, give him time.

Possibly a bit of an overreaction. I'm gonna re-watch the game again tonight.

There is a difference between his struggles and Freeman's. Freeman has gotten better over time, while Barron gets worse game to game.

...but other than the big hits and a few TFL...Barron has been just another body. Not impressed.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#24 : November 18, 2012, 09:20:21 PM

Barron has played pretty well against the run, imo.

But the pass coverage is part of the reason the secondary is the worst in the league.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 18, 2012, 09:30:48 PM

anyone remember john lynch's first season?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 18, 2012, 09:32:14 PM

Barron has played pretty well against the run, imo.

But the pass coverage is part of the reason the secondary is the worst in the league.

Going into today, he was tied for the team lead in missed tackles. Dude missed several open field tackles in the Oakland game.

He is struggling in the area he is supposed to excel at. Hope he turns this around.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 18, 2012, 09:35:06 PM

He whiffed on an open field tackle on Newton today resulting in a Panthers 1st down. If you're gonna stink in coverage, at least try to make up for it in the running game...Barron hasn't been that good against that either lately.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 18, 2012, 09:40:45 PM

Actually, John Lynch never BECAME a starter until his 3rd season.

Barron is being force fed a lot of information at one time.  The game will slow down for him soon.  I was concerned to see him twice today try to just knock the ball carrier down without wrapping up.  I haven't seen that before except on the sideline.  That was Tanard's problem but he did it on EVERY tackle....or should I say ATTEMPTED tackle.

.....just my opinion

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 18, 2012, 09:41:59 PM

He whiffed on an open field tackle on Newton today resulting in a Panthers 1st down. If you're gonna stink in coverage, at least try to make up for it in the running game...Barron hasn't been that good against that either lately.

It's all good. Mark Barron will be John Lynch.  ;D

Question nothing. Criticize nothing. Be concerned about not...well you get the picture.
: November 18, 2012, 09:44:00 PM chace1986

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Baron « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools