Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Baron « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 18, 2012, 09:50:37 PM

Question nothing. Criticize nothing. Be concerned about not...well you get the picture.

I'm starting to think he doesn't have all the tools. It's starting to look like he was drafted #7 overall because he laid big hits players from Vandy and Kent St.

could it be possible that you went a little past questioning and criticizing with this statement about kent state?

or better yet, what tools as a S do you think he is missing?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 18, 2012, 09:59:55 PM

He whiffed on an open field tackle on Newton today resulting in a Panthers 1st down. If you're gonna stink in coverage, at least try to make up for it in the running game...Barron hasn't been that good against that either lately.

It's all good. Mark Barron will be John Lynch.  ;D

Question nothing. Criticize nothing. Be concerned about not...well you get the picture.

I liked the Bucs drafting Barron...thought he would improve the defense immensely...so far he hasn't and looks lost in coverage...to make things worse, he also looks lost trying to make tackles in the run game...at least today he did.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 18, 2012, 10:04:09 PM

There is no face guarding penalty in the NFL. You can do anything to distract a receiver and a defensive player is not required to turn to play the ball in order for it to be a legal play. What the defensive player is not permitted to to is to make contact while doing so which Barron did this week and last week.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 18, 2012, 10:04:50 PM

I'm starting to think he doesn't have all the tools. It's starting to look like he was drafted #7 overall because he laid big hits players from Vandy and Kent St.

could it be possible that you went a little past questioning and criticizing with this statement about kent state?

or better yet, what tools as a S do you think he is missing?

Subjective.

I don't know if he is missing tools or not. He is a rookie. He could look totally different in 3 games or next year. As of now, he doesn't show very good M2M coverage skills, he seems to have a bit of a problem with not getting his head turned around, not a great blitzer, etc. He showed that he has excellent athletic range on that pass defense against the Panthers week one, but other than that, he really has not shown much of anything in pass defense. Now he is starting to whiff on open field tackles. It isn't just a problem from today.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 18, 2012, 10:10:10 PM

"CROWN US!!!"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 18, 2012, 10:10:46 PM

Subjective.

I don't know if he is missing tools or not. He is a rookie. He could look totally different in 3 games or next year. As of now, he doesn't show very good M2M coverage skills, he seems to have a bit of a problem with not getting his head turned around, not a great blitzer, etc. He showed that he has excellent athletic range on that pass defense against the Panthers week one, but other than that, he really has not shown much of anything in pass defense. Now he is starting to whiff on open field tackles. It isn't just a problem from today.

he is a rookie, and we expect all-pro out of him.  it would be nice, but it doesnt have to be expected imo.  people were ready to toss martin to the curb a few weeks ago, and now he's our favorite player of all time ever.

i guess our fans should take their shots at him now, just as they took their shots at martin.  soon enough he'll silence you guys.

and im all about critiquing his play, questioning his decisions.  im just not about cheap shots

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 18, 2012, 10:14:33 PM

Well said, GT!!

.....just my opinion

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 18, 2012, 10:15:35 PM

Troy Polamalu was terrible as a rookie.  Baron is not terrible but has not been great.  Safety is a tricky position to adjust to as a rookie and most don't come out on fire.  It's not that serious yet, folks.

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#38 : November 18, 2012, 10:19:07 PM

Subjective.

he is a rookie, and we expect all-pro out of him.  it would be nice, but it doesnt have to be expected imo.  people were ready to toss martin to the curb a few weeks ago, and now he's our favorite player of all time ever.

i guess our fans should take their shots at him now, just as they took their shots at martin.  soon enough he'll silence you guys.

and im all about critiquing his play, questioning his decisions.  im just not about cheap shots

This - so much.  Playing safety as a rookie is like playing QB as a rookie.  You can have all the talent in the world and still look lost.  I think Barron will be fine in time.  Gotta remember the safeties are working overtime trying to back up our inexperienced corners as well!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#39 : November 18, 2012, 10:20:37 PM

he is a rookie, and we expect all-pro out of him. 

Here are the defensive players the Bucs have taken within the top 7 picks in the draft:

LeeRoy Selmon
Hugh Green
Broderick Thomas
Keith McCants
Eric Curry
Gaines Adams
Gerald McCoy
Mark Barron

The great ones were Selmon and Green - and they were great immediately.   The rest were not great immediately, but never really were worth a top 10 pick.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 18, 2012, 10:21:04 PM

Subjective.

All-pro? Not in the least. Solid play? Sure. Improvement game to game? Yea.

I wouldn't put a "check" next to any of ^^^. I'm not wanting to toss Barron to the curb. I'm not wanting to bench Barron...but I'm not going to ignore bad play either. FWIW, I wasn't one of the one's taking shots at Martin. I hope Barron does silence those pointing out the flaws in his play. I'm not about cheap shots either. If you think anything I said was a cheap shot, then we have nothing more to talk about.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 18, 2012, 10:23:10 PM

Not a finished product yet. Talk to me after a couple of seasons in the league.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 18, 2012, 10:24:41 PM

It's starting to look like he was drafted #7 overall because he laid big hits players from Vandy and Kent St.

if this isnt a cheap shot at barron, dominik, or schiano...well then its one of the dumber comments ive ever read on here.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 18, 2012, 10:29:14 PM

Subjective.

This - so much.  Playing safety as a rookie is like playing QB as a rookie.  You can have all the talent in the world and still look lost.  I think Barron will be fine in time.  Gotta remember the safeties are working overtime trying to back up our inexperienced corners as well!

....and LBers not getting back as well.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#44 : November 18, 2012, 10:35:31 PM

Subjective.

Well said GT

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Baron « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools