Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gameday Thread: Carolina Panthers 11/18/12 (RIP Twinkies) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 73 74 75

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1110 : November 18, 2012, 11:59:27 PM

And do we really need to scroll through the thread and call out every person who said the game was over and rub their face in it?  Sheesh.

If by scroll through you mean read the thread and quote various posters who always jump to premature conclusions?

Yes.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1111 : November 19, 2012, 12:00:29 AM

The one thing that concerned me was going for the field goal FIRST. I really didn't think that part would work out. Then I thought we'd score a TD only to miss the two-point conversion (still scarred by that loss to Atlanta late in 2003). Alas, it was a beautiful victory, the sweetest kind.

In Verner We Trust

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1112 : November 19, 2012, 08:15:09 AM

When we came out in the 3rd and continued to play poorly I started to lose hope. I said it looked like the defense was going to have to win this one for us. Turns out I was wrong. Offense flipped a switch in the 11th hour and went from dog poo to blazing. Still high from this win. I hate that Doug had his TD taken from him and ruled as his 1st fumble, but if they wouldn't have robbed us we wouldn't have witnessed such an awesome comeback.....so it is what it is. In the end I think we are a better team for yesterdays game. Even the best team in the league has bad games where things just don't click and it gets ugly, but you have to be able to pull it together as a team and win those ugly games. We took a big step yesterday and I think it was needed. These guys know now that they are never out of a game and will continue to give 100% till the clock reads 00:00. I think it was the perfect type of game for us to have right before we face the Falcons.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#1113 : November 19, 2012, 09:30:03 AM

You know when I knew we were going to win this game?  It was when Jackson got the first down with about 16 seconds to go in regulation and the offense was on the line and set within seconds of him getting off the turf.  That's commitment.  That's discipline.  That's being aware of where you are in the game and what you need to do.  That's how you win football games.

^this, that 'play' sticked out to me aswell.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1114 : November 19, 2012, 09:50:18 AM

Wow lol, just read this thread. Would like to hear from the sideline that the following fans are okay lol.
Quote from: JDouble
My heart! OMG my poor heart!
Quote from: youngone
Awwwww... My heart can't take this..
Quote from: BaghdadJoe54
My heart!!!
Quote from: Garv
heart ATTACK!!!!

Kudos to Sholty for this post when the Panthers were up 21-10 on us.

Quote from: Scholty
Here comes the comeback... everyone is going to talk about how Tampa hung in there and got a tough win on the road...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1115 : November 19, 2012, 10:14:16 AM

Plays that nobody is talking about that stuck out to me....

Ronde streaking into the back field and crushing their running back for a loss to force a punt late in the 4th.

Amhad Black hustling all the way across the field to blast Newton one yard shy of a first down on the last Panther drive. Newton gets that yard and we never get the ball back. Props to Ahmad Black.

Mike WIlliams 1st down reception on 4th and 5 on the last drive.

Those three plays aren't getting the attention they should. Those were big time plays at big time moments.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1116 : November 19, 2012, 10:20:42 AM

Amhad Black hustling all the way across the field to blast Newton one yard shy of a first down on the last Panther drive. Newton gets that yard and we never get the ball back. Props to Ahmad Black.

Huge play. If i'm Rivera..... and i said it at the time, there is no way i punt that ball there. 1 yd to end the game, with the biggest most athletic QB in the game? I'm spreading the field and running a QB draw, get the 1st, and put the game away. Thank God Rivera has no sack!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1117 : November 19, 2012, 10:27:36 AM

Some of the important "less talked about moments" for me.

1) Bowers bull rushing Gross for the sack. I thought this showed how well he has come along in his recovery and considering how our pass rush has struggled, we're going to need him in this final stretch.
2) Ted Larsen mauling the fat man who was laying on Freeman during that pick 6.
3) Erik Lorig jarring the ball loose on that punt return. He didn't completely jar it loose, I think Cutrera dealt the final blow. Good special teams nevertheless.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#1118 : November 19, 2012, 12:37:26 PM

On NFL Week 11: 11/19
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8651592

Bucs talk starts at the; 17:40 mark
Page: 1 ... 73 74 75
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gameday Thread: Carolina Panthers 11/18/12 (RIP Twinkies) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools