Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martins Touchdown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ctymniak

Second String

: November 18, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Who recovered the ball in the end-zone?  The ref that called touch back could not of seen who recovered it when he made the call.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 18, 2012, 05:04:53 PM

Fluke Weakly.

Thanks for the sig Java!

chad1336

Starter

#2 : November 18, 2012, 05:05:44 PM

I think the replay clearly showed it. I'm not sure but I think it was keuchley

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 18, 2012, 05:06:26 PM

I don't know but the blown call almost cost me a $500 TV... was furious we got robbed blind

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 18, 2012, 06:22:45 PM

So glad we still won, but it passes me off that doug has hid first fumble and one less TD. Horrible call. Play is over as soon as the tip of the ball crosses the the front of the line. It wasn't even close. It looked like the entire ball had crossed the entire line before it came out. I can understand the initial call being wrong... But how the **CENSORED** do they still get it wrong when they watch the slow motion replay?! Bullshot

Madman

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 18, 2012, 06:24:51 PM

So glad we still won, but it passes me off that doug has hid first fumble and one less TD. Horrible call. Play is over as soon as the tip of the ball crosses the the front of the line. It wasn't even close. It looked like the entire ball had crossed the entire line before it came out. I can understand the initial call being wrong... But how the **CENSORED** do they still get it wrong when they watch the slow motion replay?! Bullshot

Exactly. Where was pinstripe Pierra on that call?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 18, 2012, 06:25:02 PM

They f'ed the call up when they called it a fumble on the field. I think if they call it a TD on the field, the TD stands. As much as it sucked, if you look at all the replays they showed, there wasn't one that 100% showed the BALL crossing the line. The ref who f'ed the call up on the field also f'ed the replay up as he was in the way of a clear shot on the GL view.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 18, 2012, 06:25:41 PM

I still have yet to hear a sportscaster say that wasn't a TD. It was too close to overturn but the initial call should have been TD

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 18, 2012, 06:41:39 PM

Just another of a long list of calls that have screwed us over the years. FortunateIy we made the plays late to overcome that and still get us the W. 
    Agree totally with JDUB; whatever was called wasn't gonna get reversed because the ref didn't have a clear view of the ball... until it came out. Refs were way too slow in figuring out it had crossed the goal line tucked in the crook of Martin's arm, waiting to make a call it after it had come out. Certainly appeared to be a bad call!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 18, 2012, 06:42:39 PM

Bad call or not, you still gotta hold onto the ball. Basically don't let the refs make a bad decision.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 18, 2012, 07:05:04 PM

Bad call or not, you still gotta hold onto the ball. Basically don't let the refs make a bad decision.
I agree. I thought he could have found a hole to lower his head into. Oh well, we're 6-4

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 18, 2012, 07:06:34 PM

A couple of plays before that, I thought Freeman gave up at the first down marker, when he could have maybe lowered his shoulder and tried to punch it in.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 18, 2012, 07:06:47 PM

Cut him! LOL

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 18, 2012, 07:08:51 PM

that's easy to say, but he had the ball when he crossed the line. shouldn't have to hold it through the hit that clearly took place in the end zone.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 18, 2012, 07:42:39 PM

getting the call on the field is so important when it comes to replays. once you get that its tough to overturn the call, particularly on short yardage plays due to all the bodies clogging up the picture. i agree that  it looked like he scored but once the ref ruled fumble i didnt see a tv angle that conclusively showed that he scored before the ball came out.   

also, I agree with the poster above: on the prior play Freeman has to lower his head  and pick up that 1st down.  I know we generally don't want to see him take big hits but that was a situation where he has to use that 6-5 250 lbs frame and make a play.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martins Touchdown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools