Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martins Touchdown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 18, 2012, 07:52:38 PM

there were bad calls all over the NFL today - this was just one more.  bring back the replacement refs... lol

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 18, 2012, 08:21:54 PM

Cut him! LOL
That was priceless...It was like he was saying " wish I had done that"...OBD

Pewterman

Starter

#17 : November 18, 2012, 08:31:53 PM

Everyone feels it was a TD. Even Panties fans know it was one. But by rule there wasn't conclusive evidence to overturn it. Good review call but horrible field call. The game is fast and sometimes hard to catch something so small at such high speeds and with so many bodies flying. Dougie made it up though. All good.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 18, 2012, 09:15:29 PM

Bad call or not, you still gotta hold onto the ball. Basically don't let the refs make a bad decision.

No. When you are lunging across the goal line you realize the ball will likely come out. If not from a player, then the ground. You are not supposed to need to worry about it in that situation because the play is over the second any part of the ball crosses the line. That's why you see people stick out and risk it often.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 18, 2012, 09:17:56 PM

Also... On scoring plays that are that close, they should always lean towards ruling it a score because then it is automatically reviewed.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#20 : November 18, 2012, 09:18:23 PM

Thankfully the team (and my fantasy team) didn't need it in the end.

Still, rough call and a bad break.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#21 : November 18, 2012, 09:23:26 PM

Martin was hosed, but the Bucs rallied and really did something special.  In the end we got the W and showed how we're not going to go down without a fight.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 18, 2012, 09:51:56 PM

A couple of plays before that, I thought Freeman gave up at the first down marker, when he could have maybe lowered his shoulder and tried to punch it in.

I'd rather the team's QB wasn't lowering his shoulder into contact.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 18, 2012, 09:53:35 PM

Also... On scoring plays that are that close, they should always lean towards ruling it a score because then it is automatically reviewed.

True.

I thought the call was blown initially and then compound with the replay. I thought there was enough to overturn.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#24 : November 18, 2012, 09:56:04 PM

A couple of plays before that, I thought Freeman gave up at the first down marker, when he could have maybe lowered his shoulder and tried to punch it in.

I'd rather the team's QB wasn't lowering his shoulder into contact.

I generally agree Ryan.  On that play, he needed that extra foot for a first down and a yard for a touchdown.  In that instance I would have liked to see him go for it.  But I know what you mean.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 18, 2012, 10:20:27 PM

Well I don't care what the stats say, to me Doug still has zero fumbles!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 18, 2012, 10:22:53 PM

Should've been ruled a TD. In the Denver-SD game, ruled the SD WR scored even though ball moved a bit after he hit the ground because he had broke the plane of the goal line before that happened. Same thing as Martin's play.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 18, 2012, 10:30:55 PM

Yeah, Todd, saw that one, and I thought it was going to be overturned, and probably would have against the Bucs. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 18, 2012, 10:34:21 PM

Receiving TDs are different than rushing though. With rushers you don't have to keep control.

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter

#29 : November 18, 2012, 10:56:52 PM

What a terrible call. Not only was the ball in the end zone, pretty much ALL OF DOUG MARTIN was too. I almost broke my computer over that dumb a$$ ref
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martins Touchdown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools