Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martins Touchdown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 18, 2012, 11:16:11 PM

Had it been ruled a TD on the field, it would have been upheld in replay.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 18, 2012, 11:22:13 PM

Should have been overturned and should have been a td

m_j

Starter

#32 : November 19, 2012, 02:22:35 AM

Im glad his first mistake didn't cost us the game, that counts too! Roll on,.,.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 19, 2012, 02:37:17 AM

It really shouldn't have been that tough. No, there wasn't a SINGLE clip that showed him crossing it with the ball, but if the refs used some common sense they wouldn't need it. The first one from the side showed that he clearly crossed the line and then got hit, so the only question was when the ball came out. From the back of the end zone view, while you can't tell if the ball crossed the plane, you can clearly see that it didn't come out until he was hit.

Use common sense, add the two facts of the clips together, and it's a clear TD. Just stupid officiating all the way around.

utbuc

Second String

#34 : November 19, 2012, 05:27:33 AM

it should have been called a td even though it was not I liked watcing the team come back and the look on cams face I loved watching the come back

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 19, 2012, 07:50:17 AM

All the ball has to do is touch touch the edge of the white goaline. There is no doubt in my mind that happened before he fumbled it. Unfortunately the ref was standing directly in the way on one side and a Panthers player was directly in the way on the other side.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 19, 2012, 11:40:03 AM

it should have been called a td even though it was not I liked watcing the team come back and the look on cams face I loved watching the come back

Difficult call in real time. I don't think anyone can say that it should have been definitively called a certain way. Even under the hood, it's extremely close. Martin just needs to hang on to the ball. Refs can't be faulted too much for this one.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 19, 2012, 11:54:34 AM

What a terrible call. Not only was the ball in the end zone, pretty much ALL OF DOUG MARTIN was too.

Exactly. As soon as the ball crosses the plane of the goal line it's a TD. That was just ridiculous. I'm still fuming about it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Martins Touchdown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools