Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The unofficial "I'm not waiting, its Buc v Falcon" week thread!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 53

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 19, 2012, 01:27:22 PM

This is a monumental game.  Like it or not the Dirty South goes through these guys.  If we have any kind of aspirations, we need to win....

what up chev?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 19, 2012, 01:28:32 PM

Anyone else feel like they get better play from the secondary with LJ in as opposed to Wright?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 19, 2012, 01:31:36 PM

The media needs to see us lose so there credibility doesn't take a huge hit. So many outlets were writing this team off and have continued to do so. That little excerpt could easily read...

Atlanta at Tampa Bay ... This is what's known as a reality check, Media.

Atlanta has the best record in the league while 5 of our 6 wins are against teams with a losing record.  Not crazy for the media to doubt us this week.   All we have to do is win.   Thankfully there are no polls in the NFL

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 19, 2012, 01:32:23 PM

This is a monumental game.  Like it or not the Dirty South goes through these guys.  If we have any kind of aspirations, we need to win....

what up chev?

Sup Olaf, how you doing man?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 19, 2012, 01:35:07 PM

what up chev?

great (besides pi$$ing hate off,  :D).  saw Blue Bell ice cream on sale the other week and made me wonder how you were doing?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 19, 2012, 01:38:15 PM

what up chev?

great (besides pi$$ing hate off,  :D).  saw Blue Bell ice cream on sale the other week and made me wonder how you were doing?

I'd be better if I had some of that buttered pecan and pistachio almond....mixed together.  ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 19, 2012, 01:40:53 PM

lol, I hear you

NovaBuc

Starter

#37 : November 19, 2012, 01:42:28 PM

The media needs to see us lose so there credibility doesn't take a huge hit. So many outlets were writing this team off and have continued to do so. That little excerpt could easily read...

Atlanta has the best record in the league while 5 of our 6 wins are against teams with a losing record.  Not crazy for the media to doubt us this week.   All we have to do is win.   Thankfully there are no polls in the NFL

Atlanta has played a very soft schedule as well, they only have one win over a team with a winning record. Two wins over teams at .500 or better. If I recall correctly, they have played the easiest schedule in the league to date. And I'd wager that if Ken Whisenhunt doesn't do the most boneheaded QB switch of all time, the Cardinals win that game. If they had a half-way decent QB they would have blown Atlanta out. It was very encouraging to see Arizona's rather awful offensive line manage to open some nice running lanes. Too bad they can't pass block worth a damn.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#38 : November 19, 2012, 01:47:19 PM

On the flip side the Falcons have only beaten 1 team with a winning record and that was an early game against the Broncos.  They have beaten similiar teams as the Bucs.  Chiefs, Chargers, Panthers, Redskins, Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys and Zona.  We of course have had our hiccups against some of these teams but the Falcons aren't playing world beaters every week.   

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 19, 2012, 01:48:46 PM

Anyone else feel like they get better play from the secondary with LJ in as opposed to Wright?

Absolutely.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 19, 2012, 01:56:05 PM

Absolutely.

I was NOT upset to see him leave the field. Waste of money on that guy it seems.. Hopefully the savings on LJ and he plays well to offset that blunder.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 19, 2012, 02:05:03 PM

Absolutely.

I was NOT upset to see him leave the field. Waste of money on that guy it seems.. Hopefully the savings on LJ and he plays well to offset that blunder.

I'm not proud of it, but my initial audible reaction was, "sweet, Wright will be off the field". I hope he ends up being ok, but I hope he is ok while sitting on the bench.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 19, 2012, 02:07:58 PM

Been saying for weeks that I don't feel any better with Wright out there. Bad signing.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 19, 2012, 02:13:53 PM

Part of the reason those teams have losing records is because we beat them. And before you respond, go take a look at the records of the teams Atlanta has beaten

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#44 : November 19, 2012, 02:35:31 PM

On the flip side the Falcons have only beaten 1 team with a winning record and that was an early game against the Broncos.  They have beaten similiar teams as the Bucs.  Chiefs, Chargers, Panthers, Redskins, Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys and Zona.  We of course have had our hiccups against some of these teams but the Falcons aren't playing world beaters every week.   

Pretty much. Fans get caught up in who beats who in the NFL. It's a game of matchups and it's cliche but any given Sunday. What is even more hilarious, that fans don't realize is that, the teams in your own division pretty much play the same 14 opponents. Bucs will play 2 other last place NFC teams from 2011(STL & MN) while the Saints will play 2 1st place teams from 2011 (SF & GB). So the easy schedule comments are laughable and boderline dumb.

Denver has only beaten one team with a winning record as well, in the end the schedule will even itself out.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 53
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The unofficial "I'm not waiting, its Buc v Falcon" week thread!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools