Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some thoughts from the game « previous next »
Page: 1

chad1336

Starter

: November 19, 2012, 12:26:46 AM

1.  ... still waiting for the torrent to be uploaded so I could watch the whole game. (i live in an area where it was not shown)
2.  Dallas Clark is becoming a deadly weapon.  Awesome, that he plays for our Bucs now.  BTW, how old is he and how many years do you guys think he still has?
3.  Am I the only one thinking that the pass defense actually got better when Wright went out of the game?  Was this just a coincidence or is he part of the problem?
4.  Welcome back, Captain Comeback!  Although, I would prefer a blowout win, this one was very, very exciting.  It felt like the NY Giants game but we were on the right side this time.
5.  The Muscle Hamster aka Douginator, BucTruck, Silent Assassin, whatever you want to call him, just keeps rolling along.  He got robbed today, but that only seemed to piss him off.
6.  The intense/fast-paced workouts of Schiano paid off in a big way today.  It seemed like the team got stronger as the game was coming to an end.
7.  When do we get Gaitor back?
8.  Teo Nesheim is getting better every week, it seems like.
9.  Who says we need to draft an OL?  Bostad is transforming these guys on the fly.  This coaching staff Schiano has put together is really doing an awesome job.  It goes to show that drafting the right people is not enough, you also have to have the right people to develop them.  And I think, now we do. 
10.  Bring on the Falcons.  i think we're catching them at a very, very good time.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 19, 2012, 12:33:36 AM

10 is true. They're not the same team they were towards the beginning of the season, and they were already squeeking by weaker teams.

Side note_ they learned to finish games. Bad or good, they're doing that now and it does show.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 19, 2012, 01:12:23 AM

Disagree on #9. Waay too much pressure on Freeman through most of the game. Draft a dominating C early and depth late. This team is prepared and in condition. What a difference the right leadership can make.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 19, 2012, 07:56:22 AM

I bet they come back in shape next year....that's for sure. 16 100 yd gssers for openers

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 19, 2012, 08:00:58 AM

Disagree on #9. Waay too much pressure on Freeman through most of the game. Draft a dominating C early and depth late. This team is prepared and in condition. What a difference the right leadership can make.
Yeah Tampa should look into drafting some offensive linemen. CAR has a top 10 front 4 and it only gets harder from here. We will ALL be screaming offensive line depth once we play Denver. If Dotson can hold his own against Von Miller which won't happen barring a miracle - we might just hold off on taking a RT. As for now, John Abe and John Babs are licking their chops this week.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 19, 2012, 09:03:09 AM

From the play in this game - the Oline needs more work/talent...   

Very difficult for Freeman to get the ball out yesterday, pocket collapsed waaaaay too much.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 19, 2012, 09:21:29 AM

8.  Teo Nesheim is getting better every week, it seems like.

Was thinking this as well watching the game.  The guy has a non-stop motor and has earned a spot in the rotation even when Clayborn comes back

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 19, 2012, 11:26:33 AM

50 was really good yesterday. Still would rather have him on the bench long-term, but nice game.

I agree/disagree on the OL (#9). Depth needs upgrading, and they had some rough moments. But - there aren't a ton of OL's that could go that deep and hold up that well. At one point, the only guy starting at the position he began the year at was Trueblood.  Let's not forget that Zuttah and Meredith missed practice time this week as well.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#8 : November 19, 2012, 11:35:10 AM

Good observations.

Dallas Clark is a 10 year Vet if I remember clearly. He may have 1-2 productive years left where he can be a role player/part time player.

Bucs need to stay away from the injury bug. I'd love to see how this team would play with Nicks, Davin Joseph, Adrian Clayborn all healthy and contributing on a weekly basis.

The draft should be focused on adding some Offensive line depth at RT and Center but the defensive secondary is the biggest need. This team is 1-2 more good drafts from being elite for years to come.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 19, 2012, 11:38:59 AM

The draft should be focused on adding some Offensive line depth at RT and Center but the defensive secondary is the biggest need. This team is 1-2 more good drafts from being elite for years to come.

at center we have zuttah and larsen.  not sure we can do much there.  we will need someone to replace trueblood...hopefully we can address it in FA.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chad1336

Starter

#10 : November 19, 2012, 11:40:42 AM

Thanks for this!  Downloading it, now.  To be honest with you guys I didn't get to watch all of the game, mostly just the second half and overtime, so I didn't really see how bad the oline played.  If we do need to draft an OL then, perhaps 4th round or 3rd round at the earliest.  We're getting 2 probowl guards back and Dotson is really playing well, imo, and Zuttah will go back to his center position. 
: November 19, 2012, 11:43:13 AM 3rd String Kicker

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 19, 2012, 11:53:51 AM

what some fail to realize is the guys that are playing now will be depth when Nicks/Joseph return

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some thoughts from the game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools