Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Current records of teams with new head coaches « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: November 19, 2012, 02:02:03 AM

6-4 ... Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Greg Schiano)
6-4 ... Indianapolis Colts (Chuck Pagano)
4-6 ... Miami Dolphins (Joe Philbin)
3-6-1 ... St. Louis Rams (Jeff Fisher)
3-7 ... Oakland Raiders (Dennis Allen)
1-9 ... Jacksonville Jaguars (Mike Mularkey)
1-9 ... Kansas City Chiefs (Romeo Crennel)

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 19, 2012, 06:43:55 AM

Too bad the Bucs don't have a do-over with the NFCE. There are still many issues that need to be dealt with, but no do-over necessary in choosing a HC. Sooo happy Kelly stayed in Oregon and Fisher went to St. Louis. I would have been happy with either since I didn't know Schiano planned on leaving Rutgers. BTW, Schiano left Rutgers in pretty decent shape. They're 9-1 right now.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2012, 07:10:04 AM

Rutgers is doing better now than they ever did with Schiano.    Maybe the new guy is running Schiano's system.   Not sure.

I think Dennis Allen is a decent coach.   He doesn't have much to work with. 

Mularkey is horrible.   The Falcons (like Rutgers) improved after he left.   

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 19, 2012, 08:02:03 AM

LOL; so did the Baltimore Colts after Don Shula left for the Miami Dolphins, winning their first Super Bowl. Ugly game, but better than the loss to Weeb Ewbanks' Jets when Shula coached the Colts...

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 19, 2012, 08:21:04 AM

Exceeding expectations.  Couldn't (realistically) ask for more.  I for one am very happy with the direction this is going.

Rebel

Rookie

#5 : November 19, 2012, 08:24:16 AM

Rutgers is doing better now than they ever did with Schiano.    Maybe the new guy is running Schiano's system.   Not sure.

lmao just stop.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 19, 2012, 08:25:25 AM

The Raiders won an AFC championship after Gruden left, something chucky never was able to pull off.The more and more he made the bucs HIS team the worse they got, coincidence?

jcaulfield8

Second String

#7 : November 19, 2012, 08:27:36 AM

the true test for rutgers is going to be in3- 4 years when Schiano's recruits are out of there

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#8 : November 19, 2012, 08:31:06 AM

The Raiders won an AFC championship after Gruden left, something chucky never was able to pull off.The more and more he made the bucs HIS team the worse they got, coincidence?

Yea GRU ended up winning a ring with Dungys players!!!

Ms Elam

Starter

#9 : November 19, 2012, 08:32:30 AM

Lol owned him!(assuming Java is a him) I was just looking at Gru and Mike Tericos segment for Monday night football on espn. He totally over did it. Scowling through out its entirety and punching his fist together. I was thinking I can't wait til this guy is back on the sideline losing.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 19, 2012, 09:13:05 AM

Ouch on the Colts....    50+ burger yesterday.

I can not imagine what this place would be like if someone did that to our team...    or how that would effect our players/staff.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 19, 2012, 09:37:17 AM

Too bad the Bucs don't have a do-over with the NFCE. There are still many issues that need to be dealt with, but no do-over necessary in choosing a HC. Sooo happy Kelly stayed in Oregon and Fisher went to St. Louis. I would have been happy with either since I didn't know Schiano planned on leaving Rutgers. BTW, Schiano left Rutgers in pretty decent shape. They're 9-1 right now.

Trust me, their record is the result of their schedule... not their talent.  There are what 125 FBS schools?  Rutgers ranks 102 in S.O.S.  The only ranked team they played so far is Kent State... at home, and they lost.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#12 : November 19, 2012, 09:39:04 AM

I can not imagine what this place would be like if someone did that to our team...    or how that would effect our players/staff.

Imagine how this place would look like if Freeman had his last TD in week 7, and his last multiple TD game in week 5, all this while throwing for 8 INTs.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 19, 2012, 09:42:38 AM

Imagine how this place would look like if Freeman had his last TD in week 7, and his last multiple TD game in week 5, all this while throwing for 8 INTs.

Well, if you're talking about the 2009 Bucs/Freeman (a-la Andrew Luck), I think this board would still be pretty excited.  If you're talking about a team with a 4-year veteran / expected franchise QB... there wouldn't be a lot of optimism.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 19, 2012, 09:58:43 AM

I can. They would shrug it off and focus on the next season (game).

Earlier, after the Bucs started winning, I worried what effect a loss would have on their attitude. Then I recalled how both Schiano and Freeman reacted after the Saints game. The leadership on this team is cool, calm, and collected. They're passionate but in control. They just keep working. I've said this before.........Schiano is a perfect fit for the Bucs. He has none of the flaws of our last three HCs, and all of the attributes.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Current records of teams with new head coaches « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools