Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One thing Freeman HAS to stop doing « previous next »
Page: 1 2

westcoastbuc

Second String

: November 19, 2012, 09:43:06 AM

throwing off his back foot.  It seems to me that most of his bad decisions are made trying to extend the play by throwing the ball too late and off his back foot.  When he drives the ball he's outstanding, but he has to stop throwing the ball off his back foot.

WestCoastBuc~

Oracle

Starter

#1 : November 19, 2012, 09:44:55 AM

He threw a TD off his back foot.   He can keep doing that if he wants.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 19, 2012, 10:21:19 AM

He's done it all through college and his great 2010 season and this season. When it results in a bad play it sticks out in your head, but what you're not realizing is many of his best throws have come from his back foot. He has improved his footwork, but those off balance throws are always going to be part of his game and that is a good thing. He's really good at it.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 19, 2012, 10:23:05 AM

Ideally, you'd like to see him step into his throws, but some of the greats (Example Favre) threw off their back foot successfully for a long time.

sandogbuc

Second String

#4 : November 19, 2012, 10:24:10 AM

what QB doesn't throw off their back foot?

BucD

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 19, 2012, 10:29:33 AM

It'd be one thing if he was doing it ALL the time and making a habit of it when he doesn't have to, but the only time he ever does it is when defenders are in his face which was just about every snap yesterday.

Sullivan is known to having his QBs practicing off balance and awkward throws.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 19, 2012, 10:31:14 AM

Freeman needs to learn to take a sack. He should have took one on the pick 6 but panicked and threw it anyway.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 19, 2012, 10:32:38 AM

Exactly. Thing is, most are horrible at it. Freeman excels. When the pocket crumbles and Freeman is getting sacked with defenders hanging on him and/or in his face....he has the ability to rifle one out with surprising accuracy. Rothliesberger and Luck also have this ability. Not many do.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 19, 2012, 10:32:39 AM

I can imagine Mike Sullivan was lecturing Josh about his underhand throw. "Remember what we practiced, it's got to go between his legs. It's more embarrassing that way!"

Ms Elam

Starter

#9 : November 19, 2012, 10:35:21 AM

The ones playing 7 on 7 flag football because they don't have to deal with 300 pound lineman in their face so they can step into every throw. This thread is one if those threads where someone shows their lack of football knowledge

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 19, 2012, 10:48:39 AM

Had to love that underhanded throw.   When I saw it coming I'm yelling No No NO thinking it would be intercepted.  Worked out ok.  But that's a new one on me.

More than not throwing off his back foot, he has to stop those "I'm getting sacked" throws and just go down with the ball.  Those long panic balls float forever while waiting for the D to adjust and intercept....lol

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#11 : November 19, 2012, 10:52:32 AM

He had 50 bad minutes of one game. Eli Manning, Brady, Peyton, Brees all the top flight QB's have bad games once in awhile. Look at Matt Ryan dude had 5 INT's yesterday.

Main thing is Freeman led the team back and got a W when they needed it. His mechanics are greatly improved from last year. He'll only continue to get better and better.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 19, 2012, 11:10:41 AM

The ones playing 7 on 7 flag football because they don't have to deal with 300 pound lineman in their face so they can step into every throw. This thread is one if those threads where someone shows their lack of football knowledge

This is why you have no friends. Be nice!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 19, 2012, 11:36:20 AM

ill definitely agree with the premise of the thread...freeman just has to be more careful when throwing off his back foot.  there was no safe spot with the INT...defenders had clark swarmed.  with the TD, he gets a pass because - it worked.  but it was still a very dangerous throw that could have easily been picked off.  throwing a lob into the middle of the EZ with pressure in your face falling down backwards?  its not a good decision...especially on 1st down.  it worked - so great.  but i would have liked to see the ball much higher and deeper...more difficult catch, even less chance of INT...on 1st down.  if its 4th or even 3rd and we need a TD more than FG?  sure, take a bigger chance.

but a QB isnt usually going to have a perfect pocket, so awkward throws will happen.  take the good with the bad, and we've certainly had some good.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 19, 2012, 11:42:10 AM

He had 50 bad minutes of one game. Eli Manning, Brady, Peyton, Brees all the top flight QB's have bad games once in awhile. Look at Matt Ryan dude had 5 INT's yesterday.

Main thing is Freeman led the team back and got a W when they needed it. His mechanics are greatly improved from last year. He'll only continue to get better and better.

I was hoping Josh had gotten all of his bad games over with last season. I'm pretty sure he met his quota for his career.  ;)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One thing Freeman HAS to stop doing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools