Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One thing Freeman HAS to stop doing « previous next »
Page: 1 2

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 19, 2012, 11:53:57 AM »

I don't have a problem with him throwing off of his back foot, just as long as the ball doesn't float in the air for what seems like 30 seconds. He got away with one of those last week to Martin in the SD game, not so much yesterday. He definitely has the ability to make throws with bad technique, I would just prefer he do that only when he needs to. He has shown that he can do both in the last 5-6 weeks and seems to know where the line is in that regard, so I'm cool with what he has done overall.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #16 : November 19, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »

Definitely only when has to. His improved footwork is a main reason for his drastic turn around. When able, he needs to stay focused on proper technique.

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #17 : November 19, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »

throwing off his back foot.  It seems to me that most of his bad decisions are made trying to extend the play by throwing the ball too late and off his back foot.  When he drives the ball he's outstanding, but he has to stop throwing the ball off his back foot.

I think this had more to do with the 300+ lbs in his chest, than his technique. Definitely should have taken the sack.

But this was good to see:

NOVEMBER 18, 2012
Bucs' Ted Larsen has his quarterback's back
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Josh Freeman had just thrown a game-changing interception, and Panthers safety Captain Munnerlyn was well on his way to the end zone.

But far away from the action, there was a sideshow going on. Defensive tackle Dwan Edwards, who had hit Freeman in the backfield and forced the bad throw, laid on top of Freeman, who remained down on the ground. With Freeman and Edwards starting to tussle, Freeman got a little backup from center Ted Larsen – in the form of a bulldozer-like hit as he plowed over Edwards.

Larsen drew a personal foul for the play, which comes with an automatic fine. But he still had no regrets.

“You can’t do that,” Larsen said. “You’ve just got to protect your quarterback all the time. You see your quarterback down there, obviously he can’t get up, getting mugged. You’ve got to get him off.”

Larsen is as quiet as they come. He rarely speaks above a loud whisper and tends to keep to himself. But if you ever wondered about his willingness to mix it up on behalf of his quarterback, Larsen put those doubts to rest today.

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #18 : November 19, 2012, 02:20:47 PM »

What I notice is that his mechanics seem to change during games.

When he is comfortable, especially early in games, he almost seems to try to aim the ball and his delivery looks kind of funky to me. He doesnt play with that type of aggression in his mechanics that you tend to see late in games and in comeback situations - where he steps into throws and drives the ball down the field.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #19 : November 19, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »

what QB doesn't throw off their back foot?
The ones playing 7 on 7 flag football because they don't have to deal with 300 pound lineman in their face so they can step into every throw. This thread is one if those threads where someone shows their lack of football knowledge

This is why you have no friends. Be nice!
I have friends. Maybe not cyber space friends but who cares about that? Lonely losers.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #20 : November 22, 2012, 10:14:08 PM »

What I notice is that his mechanics seem to change during games.

When he is comfortable, especially early in games, he almost seems to try to aim the ball and his delivery looks kind of funky to me. He doesnt play with that type of aggression in his mechanics that you tend to see late in games and in comeback situations - where he steps into throws and drives the ball down the field.
   Yep; I've commented on the same thing. At times he tries to guide the ball, taking some of the velocity off the throw, usually with bad results. Haven't seen him do that for a few games now...
   As for throwing off his back foot, Josh needs to be aware WHO he's throwing to; if it's a more athletic quick guy who can ADJUST to a throw, I'm fine with it. But Clark was heavily covered and simply isn't all that nimble or quick enough to react to an off-target desperation throw.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One thing Freeman HAS to stop doing « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools