Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Biggest Play of the Game - Ahmad Black « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: November 19, 2012, 11:49:51 AM

At just after the 2 minute warning with Carolina facing a 3rd and 8 with us down 21-13 and out of time outs.

Cam runs (why I don't know but...) and is hit high by Barron and Amhad Black comes and cleans him up low. He is stopped short and they punt.

If Black doesn't come low, I believe Cam would have carried Barron for the extra couple of yards.

I love Black, he is always where he is supposed to be and although not a big hitter, has saved us a couple of games

Madman

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 19, 2012, 11:51:01 AM

That was a key play. No doubt. Damn, Cam was owning Barron yesterday. Almost broke his ankles on that one scramble.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 19, 2012, 12:01:48 PM

That was a key play. No doubt. Damn, Cam was owning Barron yesterday. Almost broke his ankles on that one scramble.

Really you are spot on. Barron needs to settle down and my be feeling pressure because Dougie and Lavonte are outshining him as a #1 pick.

I am hoping that is what it is because to me Black looks better at Safety than he does. I an starting to feel more comfortable with Ronde and Black together
although that makes a small safety tandem.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 19, 2012, 12:08:10 PM

Barron is pressing a little bit. He is being asked to do a lot at Safety. He is also getting pressure because of the other rookies we drafted behind him having not only very good rookie seasons but likely pro bowl seasons. Barron has all the tools and he'll get it. He's a smart guy who is a good worker and he'll get there. I just hope we don't cut him in the offseason.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 19, 2012, 12:08:37 PM

My key play was Barber coming off the edge on 3rd and short and swallowing up the rb for a loss. #20 was balling yesterday.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 19, 2012, 12:11:11 PM

Quote from: wreck ship
My key play was Barber coming off the edge on 3rd and short and swallowing up the rb for a loss. #20 was balling yesterday.

Always is it seems. Barber almost had an INT had Newton throw the ball on target in that goal line play. Great instincts.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#6 : November 19, 2012, 12:29:23 PM

I was certain he was offsides watching that play live. I'm sure Panthers fans were sure too. But he wasn't, replay showed he timed that snap perfectly. That was huge.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#7 : November 19, 2012, 12:30:24 PM

Barron is pressing a little bit. He is being asked to do a lot at Safety. He is also getting pressure because of the other rookies we drafted behind him having not only very good rookie seasons but likely pro bowl seasons. Barron has all the tools and he'll get it. He's a smart guy who is a good worker and he'll get there. I just hope we don't cut him in the offseason.

Agreed. Before the draft Schiano mentioned and there were a few articles on here about just how important the SS was going to be in this scheme. Barron is just a rookie and he's learning. I'm not gonna lie, he has been a liability in pass coverage. But he's also a big reason why we have such a great run defense and lead the nfl in TFL. He's a hardworking no non-sense guy, and he will get it once the game slows down for him. Look at the difference a season made for Mason Foster. But to go back to the original post I like Black a lot! He's made a nice amount of plays this season and does come up big. There will always be questions about his size and speed, but hopefully we groom him to replace Barber at FS in 2015 ;)

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#8 : November 19, 2012, 12:33:52 PM

At just after the 2 minute warning with Carolina facing a 3rd and 8 with us down 21-13 and out of time outs.

Cam runs (why I don't know but...) and is hit high by Barron and Amhad Black comes and cleans him up low. He is stopped short and they punt.

If Black doesn't come low, I believe Cam would have carried Barron for the extra couple of yards.

I love Black, he is always where he is supposed to be and although not a big hitter, has saved us a couple of games

Just rewatched the game, and I agree that tackle was huge. 

Other part that made it impressive is Black was running back into coverage, recognized the run, and took a great angle to make the tackle.

chad1336

Starter

#9 : November 19, 2012, 12:36:26 PM

My key play was Economos winning the coin toss.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 19, 2012, 12:41:46 PM

Black threw a cross body tackle on Cam and took his legs out. Impressive.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 19, 2012, 12:45:34 PM

Cam runs and is hit high by Barron and Amhad Black comes and cleans him up low. He is stopped short and they punt.

If you re-watch it, Black actually gets there first and Barron does the clean up. I actually think that even if Barron doesn't come in there, that Newton still would have been short. Complete kudos to Black on that one, he flew in there like a missile.

Thank God Rivera didn't have the balls to go for it and put the game away.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 19, 2012, 12:46:35 PM

Gif it

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 19, 2012, 12:47:40 PM

He should've.... and that was my feeling at the time.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 19, 2012, 12:55:50 PM

He should've.... and that was my feeling at the time.

He did the same thing vs. Atlanta in week 4. My reaction watching that one was "are you kidding me, if you don't go for this, then you deserve to lose"...and that's exactly what happened.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Biggest Play of the Game - Ahmad Black « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools