Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Biggest Play of the Game - Ahmad Black « previous next »
Page: 1 2

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 19, 2012, 01:14:53 PM

Barron is pressing a little bit. He is being asked to do a lot at Safety. He is also getting pressure because of the other rookies we drafted behind him having not only very good rookie seasons but likely pro bowl seasons. Barron has all the tools and he'll get it. He's a smart guy who is a good worker and he'll get there. I just hope we don't cut him in the offseason.

Cut mark Barron? Wtf are you talking about? I think you should be cut from this board

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 19, 2012, 01:21:28 PM

Big props to Freeman, Martin, VJax, Mike Will, Dallas Clark, Mike Sullivan. Also, props to Ahmad Black for stopping Cam Newton in the 4th and forcing 4th and 1 and a punt. sCam had a head of steam and that could have put the game away.

I said this last night in the Gameday thread. After watching the end of the game, I immediately rewound the game to that Panthers drive and watched the end again. Very big play. Black has played well this season.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 19, 2012, 02:15:28 PM

Barron may have hit the plateau that a lot of rookies hit their first season IMO. It's either that or that the injuries that have befallen the Bucs secondary has caused a change in Philosophy in the way the coaches are choosing to utilize Barron.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#18 : November 19, 2012, 02:17:16 PM

Barron may have hit the plateau that a lot of rookies hit their first season IMO. It's either that or that the injuries that have befallen the Bucs secondary has caused a change in Philosophy in the way the coaches are choosing to utilize Barron.

I think it is a combination of things, but one of the biggest has to be the rise of Martin and David.  As a competitor, you know he is pressing some because of how well they are playing.

Not a bad thing, but I think he is in a similiar mode as Josh was last year in the sense he feels a lot of pressure to do too much.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 19, 2012, 02:24:53 PM

It was 3rd and 12, not 3rd and 8, and running the ball was the right call. If they would have thrown the ball and had it be incomplete then the would have given the ball to us with 1:50 left instead of 1 minute. The personal foul on Thomas Davis was huge on our last drive, because it stopped the clock. Without that call we would have almost definitely run out of time and lost. (Not saying it was a bad call, especially after they robbed Martin of a TD earlier, but it was key in the game.)
: November 19, 2012, 02:34:11 PM BucsBay

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#20 : November 19, 2012, 02:38:36 PM

It was 3rd and 12, not 3rd and 8, and running the ball was the right call. If they would have thrown the ball and had it be incomplete then the would have given the ball to use with 1:50 left instead of 1 minute. The personal foul on Thomas Davis was huge on our last drive, because it stopped the clock. Without that call we would have almost definitely run out of time and lost. (Not saying it was a bad call, especially after they robbed Martin of a TD earlier, but it was key in the game.)

OKay 3rd and 12 instead of 3rd and 8...LOL!  I don't think that it was the right call for Carolina based on us not being able to defend the pass on 3rd down...watch the game. The 3rd down before that Cam hit LaFell  for a 1st down on the sideline in front of LaQuan Lewis (who I like by the way). Sure Cam threw it the only place that he could for his receiver to catch it otherwise Lewis would have had a pick six. The Panthers did what they wanted to do on 3rd down and we HAVE to get better at defending the pass somehow if we want to go to the Playoffs.

I like Lewis much better than Biggers and think that Lewis and Leonard Johnson gives us a fighting chance at corner. They just need to play.

I totally agree that the personal foul was huge.

Our comeback yesterday makes the Giants comeback on us look kind of small now...even though it still sticks in my memory banks!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 19, 2012, 02:53:32 PM

I'm sure Ahmad Black is picking up on how Ronde does things on the field, and even in the classroom. Ronde's decision to give the Safety thing a shot this season has really speeded up the learning curve for all the young'uns around him. Imagine wher we'd be if he'd retired... It would not be pretty back there...

Ms Elam

Starter

#22 : November 19, 2012, 03:01:17 PM

At just after the 2 minute warning with Carolina facing a 3rd and 8 with us down 21-13 and out of time outs.

Cam runs (why I don't know but...) and is hit high by Barron and Amhad Black comes and cleans him up low. He is stopped short and they punt.

If Black doesn't come low, I believe Cam would have carried Barron for the extra couple of yards.

I love Black, he is always where he is supposed to be and although not a big hitter, has saved us a couple of games

Just rewatched the game, and I agree that tackle was huge. 

Other part that made it impressive is Black was running back into coverage, recognized the run, and took a great angle to make the tackle.
It was actually 3rd and 12 and black made the tackle just in time.Newton gained 11 yards on the run. Second time he's made a big play to help close it a Game.

Ms Elam

Starter

#23 : November 19, 2012, 03:05:51 PM

It was 3rd and 12, not 3rd and 8, and running the ball was the right call. If they would have thrown the ball and had it be incomplete then the would have given the ball to use with 1:50 left instead of 1 minute. The personal foul on Thomas Davis was huge on our last drive, because it stopped the clock. Without that call we would have almost definitely run out of time and lost. (Not saying it was a bad call, especially after they robbed Martin of a TD earlier, but it was key in the game.)

OKay 3rd and 12 instead of 3rd and 8...LOL!  I don't think that it was the right call for Carolina based on us not being able to defend the pass on 3rd down...watch the game. The 3rd down before that Cam hit LaFell  for a 1st down on the sideline in front of LaQuan Lewis (who I like by the way). Sure Cam threw it the only place that he could for his receiver to catch it otherwise Lewis would have had a pick six. The Panthers did what they wanted to do on 3rd down and we HAVE to get better at defending the pass somehow if we want to go to the Playoffs.

I like Lewis much better than Biggers and think that Lewis and Leonard Johnson gives us a fighting chance at corner. They just need to play.

Our comeback yesterday makes the Giants comeback on us look kind of small now...even though it still sticks in my memory banks!
Its the right call if you're playing not to lose like the panthers were. If the panthers get that first down the game is over. By running on 3rd and 13 against the leagues best run defense and worse pass defense, your conceding the fact that the bucs will get the ball back. If they were playing to win, to end the game, they go for the first down.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#24 : November 19, 2012, 03:35:28 PM

Its the right call if you're playing not to lose like the panthers were. If the panthers get that first down the game is over. By running on 3rd and 13 against the leagues best run defense and worse pass defense, your conceding the fact that the bucs will get the ball back. If they were playing to win, to end the game, they go for the first down.

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" ~ Herm Edwards
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Biggest Play of the Game - Ahmad Black « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools