Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Julio Jones and Asante Sameuls might not play Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#15 : November 19, 2012, 02:44:20 PM

I would actually be interested to see how we play against Roddy and Julio.  Talk about growing up quick, that would be a monster test for the secondary.

Albeit, one we would most likely get embarassed, but what if we didn't?  Huge confidence boost.  Without Julio, that is all we are going to listen to if we win is they weren't full up.

Bookert1905

Starter
#16 : November 19, 2012, 02:44:47 PM

Why would you guys not want to face the best they have?     There's no glory in beating the backups.

That's a good trolling point jav. If the Falcons win they should feel terrible because we have been with out Adrian, Nicks, Joseph, Black, and now Wright. Great points about missing starters and the wins not counting.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 19, 2012, 02:44:59 PM

Matt Ryan Versus the Worse Pass Defense in the NFL.

This will be interesting.
    He also had 5 interceptions against pathetic Arizona

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 19, 2012, 02:48:51 PM

Just for S and Gs... last years Superbowl had the 2011 season 29th and 31st pass defenses.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 19, 2012, 02:49:51 PM

Atlanta was crazy to start Julio this past week aanyway. As banged up as the Bucs have been, Atlanta gets no sympathy from me.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#20 : November 19, 2012, 02:53:37 PM

Why would you guys not want to face the best they have?     There's no glory in beating the backups.

A win is a win. But you wouldn't understand since you are not a Bucs fan. Any win over a rival is good. Do you think Baltimore doesn't feel good about beating their rival last night with rapistberger on the sideline?

To add to your point, I'm sure the Saints, Falcons, and Panthers would all feel pretty good beating us even with the injuries that we have. Particularly Nicks and Joseph against the Falcons poor run defense.

If the Bucs are without VJax, then the loss of Julio is equivalent.

I know you don't use logic very often, but what I am saying is that having our guards would let us have a very big advantage against the Falcons weakness, just like them having Julio would give them a huge advantage over our biggest weakness. Now say your piece, I probably won't respond to your idiocy.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 19, 2012, 02:55:18 PM

And the Falcants cant run the ball for **CENSORED**.  Plus that is our strength.  Hope Martin torches there defense for 200 yards and 3 scores..

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 19, 2012, 02:56:39 PM

I wouldn't call Arizona pathetic. Their defense is pretty damn good. That same team beat the Patriots in New England. Their QB play is the biggest issue. But, Arizona is talented across the board defensively. Darnell Dockett, Calias Campbell, Daryl Washington, Adrian Wilson, Patrick Peterson are to die for pieces I wouldn't mind having here in TB.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 19, 2012, 02:57:53 PM

Just for S and Gs... last years Superbowl had the 2011 season 29th and 31st pass defenses.
   Kinda sounds like a team from Tampa Bay...

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 19, 2012, 02:59:15 PM

I wouldn't call Arizona pathetic. Their defense is pretty damn good. That same team beat the Patriots in New England. Their QB play is the biggest issue. But, Arizona is talented across the board defensively. Darnell Dockett, Calias Campbell, Daryl Washington, Adrian Wilson, Patrick Peterson are to die for pieces I wouldn't mind having here in TB.
   Not pathetic wrong word stand corrected..

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 19, 2012, 02:59:29 PM

someone had a good point.  BAL's victory last night didnt officially count without rothleisberger, so we should just go ahead and reschedule this game for when ATL is healthy.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 19, 2012, 03:02:15 PM

And the Falcants cant run the ball for **CENSORED**.  Plus that is our strength.  Hope Martin torches there defense for 200 yards and 3 scores..
I hope we dial back the linebackers a little and focus on coverage more than we have since Atlanta is so horrible running the ball we should be able to stop them with just the front four.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 19, 2012, 03:04:18 PM

Quote from: GameTime
someone had a good point.  BAL's victory last night didnt officially count without rothleisberger, so we should just go ahead and reschedule this game for when ATL is healthy.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe we can do this next year? By then, Nicks and Joseph should be healed up too.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 19, 2012, 03:09:35 PM

I hope we dial back the linebackers a little and focus on coverage more than we have since Atlanta is so horrible running the ball we should be able to stop them with just the front four.
Agree on this...   Drop 7 and have David hawk Gonzalez..  Double team Roddy White..

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 19, 2012, 03:16:02 PM

Quote from: GameTime

Yeah, I agree. Maybe we can do this next year? By then, Nicks and Joseph should be healed up too.

Sounds fair to me.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Julio Jones and Asante Sameuls might not play Sunday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools