Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defense ending games « previous next »
Page: 1

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: November 19, 2012, 03:27:37 PM

Carolina's last drive, they had 7-8 plays.

5 tackles for loss.  Way to rise up, D!

As a fan, nothing quite like dominating LOS.

Go Bucs!!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#1 : November 19, 2012, 03:49:35 PM

If we are going to make a serious run, that's going to be the formula. I can't see our defense shutting anyone down for a full 4 quarters. But they have stepped up and made timely plays to support our offense.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#2 : November 19, 2012, 03:53:45 PM

If we are going to make a serious run, that's going to be the formula. I can't see our defense shutting anyone down for a full 4 quarters. But they have stepped up and made timely plays to support our offense.

I agree but I think our CBs gotta play a lil better...and not give up those big plays cuz that will kill us against a good team

Ms Elam

Starter

#3 : November 19, 2012, 04:01:56 PM

Namely Ahmad black. Got the game clenching pick a couple Weeks ago and despite people giving Barron credit for that 3rd down tackle on Cam it was black who knifed in and took his legs out. Barron simply fell on top of cam.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 19, 2012, 04:05:41 PM

Carolina's last drive, they had 7-8 plays.

5 tackles for loss.  Way to rise up, D!

As a fan, nothing quite like dominating LOS.

Go Bucs!!
+1 nice stat, thanks.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 19, 2012, 04:06:53 PM

They have made the plays when they need to. They get the plays against them but they make their own as well. Gotta love that.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 19, 2012, 05:29:59 PM

The DB's looked better to me also.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#7 : November 19, 2012, 05:32:09 PM

Call me crazy, but I thought we were on pace for our best defensive performance to date.  If you look at the D play up to the Pick 6, we were lights out.  I mean, lights out.  I think something like 10 yards and no first downs.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 19, 2012, 06:44:50 PM

Only gave up 14 points on D.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 19, 2012, 06:56:59 PM

I agree but I think our CBs gotta play a lil better...and not give up those big plays cuz that will kill us against a good team

Both teams in Superbowl last year ranked 29th and 31st in pass defense.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 19, 2012, 07:25:12 PM

It's coming pretty clear that if you had a choice between limiting pass or run, which is more advantageous..

Keep stacking bricks, Bucs!

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter

#11 : November 19, 2012, 08:13:01 PM

Not to diss the D, but its a lot easier to defend the run at the end of games on clock eating drives when your about 98% sure it will be a run. That said, they did what they had to do, and thank God for black's tackle

Ms Elam

Starter

#12 : November 19, 2012, 09:28:35 PM

Not to diss the D, but its a lot easier to defend the run at the end of games on clock eating drives when your about 98% sure it will be a run. That said, they did what they had to do, and thank God for black's tackle
D.Williams and Stewart 22 carries 61 yards nough said. I can't wait until we get healthy and get a secondary. This run defense is legit. This isn't like a couple years ago when we had a top rated secondary only because teams chose to run the ball down our throats. AP broke a long one. But I can't remember a team pounding it 5or6 yards at a time for a whole game. It just hasn't happened. Maybe Dom will double dip at CB. You can definitely get a starter in the first but you can also get a difference maker in the 2nd.
: November 19, 2012, 09:30:37 PM Ms Elam
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Defense ending games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools