Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the Bucs MVP this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

: November 19, 2012, 03:43:07 PM

I was thinking about this today and wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this. I think you could make a case for a lot of players, I was even considering adding Mason Foster and Michael Bennett to the poll but I only had 5 options.

If I had to pick one, I would probably go with Vincent Jackson. We have lacked a true #1 WR for such a long time, and this guy has been an absolute stud ever since he has came here. He has finally given us a down field threat and has allowed us to spread out this offense to let guys like MW, Underwood and Dallas Clark make some big plays. He has been absolutely huge in Free's progressions this year. Not to mention, I think he has given MW a lot of pointers and has gotten him back on track.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 19, 2012, 03:45:40 PM

Good thread. I would say either Freeman or Martin of the list. Martin is a rookie and has broken records, done things only some of the greats have. He's on pace to have one of the best seasons of any of our rookie backs ever. It was hard for me not to vote for him.

My favorite player of all time is Warrick Dunn and in Warrick's rookie season, he had less than 1000 yards rushing by the end of the season. Doug Martin has already hit that mark, on less carries than Dunn had. His receiving statistics are comparable to Dunn's as well. Any chance Doug earns the nickname, "DM2K"?

Doug Martin has also expanded the role of the half back position. He is a threat to run, catch, or block. If he's out there, you can never be sure what's going to happen so teams have to respect the play fake from Freeman. He makes everyone around him better.
: November 19, 2012, 04:02:45 PM 3rd String Kicker

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2012, 03:47:18 PM

Vincent Jackson for sure. Great signing.

schroepnuts

Rookie

#3 : November 19, 2012, 03:48:21 PM

I say Freeman. He has done a lot to show that he is well better than that 2011 season and his turning up his game this season.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 19, 2012, 03:48:22 PM

Freeman without a doubt. He is your franchise QB, the leader of this team, and having a terrific year. You want him to get it and I think up to this point he deserves it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 19, 2012, 03:48:46 PM

Vincent Jackson's presence has made Freeman, Mike Will, and Martin better..... MVP for sure.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 19, 2012, 03:49:17 PM

Vincent Jackson for sure. Great signing.

Man we need to sign this guy for life...I am serious!

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 19, 2012, 03:51:18 PM

Vincent Jackson's presence has made Freeman, Mike Will, and Martin better..... MVP for sure.

This is the main reason I picked him. In addition to putting up monster numbers, he also has impacted the rest of the offense and has made them better.

I think Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David deserve some props too. Remember how bad our run D was last year when McCoy went out? The D completely fell apart. These two guys have been a huge part in turning around the worst run D into the best run D in the NFL.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#8 : November 19, 2012, 03:52:48 PM

It's a tough call between Freeman and Vincent Jackson. This offense took off when that connection really started clicking, and that opened up the way for Dougie to have the year that he is having. Jackson has done nothing but score touchdowns and move he chains. He brings so much energy to the field also. Freeman has responded greatly to so much pressure. His play has won this team many games. After last game though, I'm going to have to lean towards #5. That was amazing what he did last game.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 19, 2012, 03:53:23 PM

As proud as i am about run D, i can't heap any praise on our defense until we can start getting off the field on 3rd down. Its all about VJax for me!!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : November 19, 2012, 03:53:47 PM

MVP = Larsen.   He's really stepped up.   Did you see the way he defended Freeman in that Panther game when Freeman was getting hammered on the ground?

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#11 : November 19, 2012, 03:54:11 PM

There is an argument for all of them. I know it is a cliche, but it is a quarterback driven league. It was doubted by many, if not most, whether or not we have one, but it certainly looks like we do. Have to give it to Josh.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 19, 2012, 03:58:28 PM

Quote from: JavaRay
MVP = Larsen.   He's really stepped up.   Did you see the way he defended Freeman in that Panther game when Freeman was getting hammered on the ground?
You're crazy.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 19, 2012, 04:00:13 PM

Even though I know Java is trolling, he actually brings up a good point about Larsen. I actually gained a lot of respect for Larsen for doing that.

I've done my fair share of Larsen bashing throughout his time as a Buc and I even said '****ing Larsen' after the penalty. But after seeing the replay, that was an awesome move by Larsen. That's how you protect your QB. It's not his fault the idiot refs didn't see the Panthers guy not getting off of Freeman.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 19, 2012, 04:02:31 PM

It was very Frank Middleton-esque!!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the Bucs MVP this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools