Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the Bucs MVP this year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 19, 2012, 04:03:18 PM

My MVP's are Greg Schiano & Bob Bostad, with a special mention to the Dline coach. I know they weren't options but they sure havee made a difference.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

sandogbuc

Second String

#16 : November 19, 2012, 04:03:58 PM

I gotta go VJax, he is the new Hardy Nickerson. Schiano might have changed the culture but if VJax didn't buy in and lead by example none of this would be happening right now. His presence alone has made this a top 5 offense and more importantly, Josh Freeman the franchise QB we all hoped and dreamed he could be.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 19, 2012, 04:04:55 PM

My MVP's are Greg Schiano & Bob Bostad, with a special mention to the Dline coach. I know they weren't options but they sure havee made a difference.
I only didn't include them because MVP= Most Valuable Player. But yea, no doubt, they both have had HUGE impacts on this team. Bostad has done wonders with the o-line and Schiano has completely changed the culture and attitude of this team.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 19, 2012, 04:04:55 PM

Ill vote on Lavonte David.. no I cant vote on him, Freeman is just too good.. Freeman gets the vote... no, I cant use it on him Vjax is my man... i mean, Martin it is... wait.. McCoy is my vote.... But then theres Lavonte David.....

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 19, 2012, 04:05:27 PM

I gotta go VJax, he is the new Hardy Nickerson. Schiano might have changed the culture but if VJax didn't buy in and lead by example none of this would be happening right now. His presence alone has made this a top 5 offense and more importantly, Josh Freeman the franchise QB we all hoped and dreamed he could be.

Nice comparison. I kinda see it like that as well. His impact is too big not to be MVP of this team.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 19, 2012, 04:06:14 PM

Quote from: Rusty
... Bob Bostad.. I know they weren't options but they sure havee made a difference.

It was funny, I was just thinking how important it has been to survive through all of these injuries. To have backups put in (Dotson/Larsen) and still be effective, let alone produce monumental numbers in some cases has been outstanding. It's early, but he seems like a great hire!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 19, 2012, 04:10:45 PM

Thinking about this logically, I'd have to say doug. He's making the likes of Dunn, wilder, and caddy a distant memory and is mopping the floor with their records.

Vj was a great signing, and his stats aren't all that bad. But, one can't overlook Doug's performance and we can't say team "MVP" if were talking about using the guy as a threat target type of guy.

Freeman, while having a good season, can't accomplish a good game without a good/great RB. Such is the case with most qbs in the league.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#22 : November 19, 2012, 04:19:32 PM

Tie between Freeman and Jackson for me. But my vote went to Freeman as Jackson doesn't throw the ball, or change the offensive plays when needed. You really can't go wrong with either player being MVP, as both are dependent on each other for success.

Vincent Jackson may be the second best free agent signing this year in the NFL behind the Manning signing.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#23 : November 19, 2012, 04:19:45 PM

I voted for Freeman. 

While others certainly deserve the recognition, I think last week clearly demonstrated it starts and stops with him.

He basically handed the game over, then snatched it right back.

I don't know many throws are better than that one to bring us within 2 pts when you consider all the elements.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 19, 2012, 04:25:06 PM

Thinking about this logically, I'd have to say doug. He's making the likes of Dunn, wilder, and caddy a distant memory and is mopping the floor with their records.

Vj was a great signing, and his stats aren't all that bad. But, one can't overlook Doug's performance and we can't say team "MVP" if were talking about using the guy as a threat target type of guy.

Freeman, while having a good season, can't accomplish a good game without a good/great RB. Such is the case with most qbs in the league.

Doug is a worthy candidate. He really is a threat back there. Nice to have a few weapons this season. MW was the only weapon last year and is now the 3rd best player on the offense. That's a lot of fire power added.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 19, 2012, 04:28:47 PM

V-jax on the offense, McCoy on the defense. Honorable mentions to freeman, Martin, Bennett, Barber, David

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 19, 2012, 04:30:16 PM

MVP = Larsen.   He's really stepped up.   Did you see the way he defended Freeman in that Panther game when Freeman was getting hammered on the ground?

Even though I know Java is trolling, he actually brings up a good point about Larsen. I actually gained a lot of respect for Larsen for doing that.

I've done my fair share of Larsen bashing throughout his time as a Buc and I even said '****ing Larsen' after the penalty. But after seeing the replay, that was an awesome move by Larsen. That's how you protect your QB. It's not his fault the idiot refs didn't see the Panthers guy not getting off of Freeman.

After watching the game a few more times. Larsen actually was the cause of Freeman getting sacked and several QB pressures, including the stunt by Johnson on the play where Freeman lasered the TD with :12 seconds left. Overall Larsen has done a decent job, but the one area I have seen that he completely whiffs are when the DL stunts causing confusion on who he should pick up. Luckily, that is something that should be easily corrected when watching the film this week.

As far as the MVP, V-Jax. He draws enough attention that it opens up the entire offense. What an epic signing he has turned out to be.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#27 : November 19, 2012, 04:34:32 PM

Dougie Fresh,

You Take Away Doug's production and this team might be 2-8 right now.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 19, 2012, 04:34:41 PM

Vincent Jackson's presence has made Freeman, Mike Will, and Martin better..... MVP for sure.

I agree completely with this.  I think if any of those players gets hurt, Freeman, Martin, or Williams, this team could still win 4 or 5 of the remaining games with their current backups.  If all are healthy and Jackson gets hurt, the odds of winning 4 or 5 of the remaining games is greatly deminished.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 19, 2012, 04:38:13 PM

Vincent Jackson's presence has made Freeman, Mike Will, and Martin better..... MVP for sure.

I agree completely with this.  I think if any of those players gets hurt, Freeman, Martin, or Williams, this team could still win 4 or 5 of the remaining games with their current backups.  If all are healthy and Jackson gets hurt, the odds of winning 4 or 5 of the remaining games is greatly deminished.

lol, Orlovsky couldnt win 4 or 5 remaining games. VJ being MVP makes sense, but if Freeman went down so would the Bucs season.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the Bucs MVP this year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools