Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucNY.....you were wrong « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 19, 2012, 03:59:32 PM

In post 23 of "Might as well bring back Raheem", you stated no one picked the Bucs to be 6-4. I might not have made that exact statement, but I did say on numerous threads that the Bucs would finish with a minimum of 9 wins. I expected 10 or 11 would be possible and was laughed at. Anybody still laughing? Greg Schiano changed the culture up here for anyone who had the slightest interest in anything related to Rutgers. When he arrived even the student body didn't care. Academics was the big dog on this campus. His teams were competitive with the football factories despite not being attractive to the blue chip HS players around the country. Schiano dedicated 11 years of his life to that school and that community. Vince Lombardi dreamed of coaching the NY Giants one day. I don't believe Schiano has any ambitions to be the HC anywhere else. He's a good man and a great coach and he is dedicated to his work and to his community. He's a perfect fit. The Bucs will win with him.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 19, 2012, 04:02:14 PM

Sweet thread, bro.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 19, 2012, 04:02:14 PM

I said 6-7 wins. So glad I was wrong, as I think the worse this team finishes is 9-7.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 19, 2012, 04:03:41 PM

I was wrong too. Didn't know what to think of the Rutgers hire. I knew he was a tough coach and knew we needed that but wasn't sure how good of a fit he would be. He's answered my questions about him. Very happy to have him.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 19, 2012, 04:34:53 PM

I was nearly the only person on here saying 8-8. That can be looked up btw.

Still, I maybe wrong too. They're playing at a level I didn't expect.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 19, 2012, 04:39:56 PM

So instead of posting a reply to post #23 in the "Might as well bring back Raheem", you thought this needed a brand new thread?

Makes sense.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 19, 2012, 04:44:04 PM

Excellent post, sir!
    To see this much improvement, DESPITE some major injuries, is telling me this staff is actually COACHING up every man on the roster, and taking it VERY seriously.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 19, 2012, 04:47:58 PM

I knew what Schiano could do. I am also an optimistic buc fan. I think I went on the books say 7-9 or 8-8. I said this knowing how much he would change things. I honestly didn't think it would be this significant this quickly. If we had a decent secondary we could match up with almost anyone. I expect big things from this team and coaching staff but I do think we're just too thin at secondary.

We're not there yet, but I do hope you continue to be right. Either way Schiano is the man around here and everyone knows it. To all those who think he's to tough and will lose the locker room, did you see that clip of the locker room after the game? Anyone still wondering how this team feels about Coach Schiano?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#8 : November 19, 2012, 05:30:34 PM

I knew what Schiano could do. I am also an optimistic buc fan. I think I went on the books say 7-9 or 8-8. I said this knowing how much he would change things. I honestly didn't think it would be this significant this quickly. If we had a decent secondary we could match up with almost anyone. I expect big things from this team and coaching staff but I do think we're just too thin at secondary.

We're not there yet, but I do hope you continue to be right. Either way Schiano is the man around here and everyone knows it. To all those who think he's to tough and will lose the locker room, did you see that clip of the locker room after the game? Anyone still wondering how this team feels about Coach Schiano?

That clip really put me over the top.  You even saw a silly side to ole Schiano with his dorky grin.  Bennet doing the worship wave to Schiano was classic.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 19, 2012, 05:34:51 PM

Link to that clip? I haven't seen it yet.

stormsct

Starter

#10 : November 19, 2012, 05:36:10 PM

That clip really put me over the top.  You even saw a silly side to ole Schiano with his dorky grin.  Bennet doing the worship wave to Schiano was classic.
Yes, please link that clip.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#11 : November 19, 2012, 05:41:22 PM

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/2012-Game-Bites--Panthers-11-18-12/6689d5bd-627c-4d7e-ba82-674dcc5835e0

The ending

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#12 : November 19, 2012, 05:41:28 PM

Schiano has truly impressed. I pegged them at 8-8 at best with their schedule before this great season unfolded.

Anyway, can anyone provide a link to that video? Thanks!

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#13 : November 19, 2012, 05:41:59 PM

Thanks bj54

stormsct

Starter

#14 : November 19, 2012, 05:55:09 PM

Thanks, BJ54. That was great to see. The players have a completely different mentality this season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucNY.....you were wrong « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools