Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What The Bucs have In Common With... « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
: November 19, 2012, 04:46:20 PM

I hear a lot of stats that try to belittle the unexpected success of the Bucs. The 32nd ranked pass defense. The lack of sacks. And they've only beaten one team with a winning record. Well I guess the Bucs have something in common with Chicago, Denver, Atlanta and Pittsburgh. It's pathetic that sportswriters, analyst, fans and radio host have to find ways to doubt the Bucs. Yet they never mention this when references these other teams.

You beat the teams on your schedule, only College's can pick who they play.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 19, 2012, 04:54:27 PM

I hear a lot of stats that try to belittle the unexpected success of the Bucs. The 32nd ranked pass defense. The lack of sacks. And they've only beaten one team with a winning record. Well I guess the Bucs have something in common with Chicago, Denver, Atlanta and Pittsburgh. It's pathetic that sportswriters, analyst, fans and radio host have to find ways to doubt the Bucs. Yet they never mention this when references these other teams.

You beat the teams on your schedule, only College's can pick who they play.

just a few months before that Tampa had a brutal schedule and were predicted to win 4 or less games by many of the same writers. Now that the same schedule is filled with underachievers it makes it a completely different story. Those teams that had talent and were projected to be playoff teams now suck because they cant win with the same talent that get the applauded months earlier. Now teams like the Bucs can get dismissed even though they faced tough teams that dont have records that reflect their talent. Every team in the NFL has talent and most teams are only separated by a handful of players talent wise. Thats why theres all the parody and thats why the phrase "any given sunday" exists. Because the talent level between teams isnt as great as some of their records would have you believe.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2012, 04:56:08 PM

Good post

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#3 : November 19, 2012, 05:11:15 PM

Good post

It would be if it was supported with stats.  Such as, what is the SOS for those teams?  What are their defensive ranks?  How many sacks?

It suggests we have something in common with them, but provides no factual evidence we do.

I find that a weak post.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 19, 2012, 05:12:50 PM

just a few months before that Tampa had a brutal schedule and were predicted to win 4 or less games by many of the same writers. Now that the same schedule is filled with underachievers it makes it a completely different story. Those teams that had talent and were projected to be playoff teams now suck because they cant win with the same talent that get the applauded months earlier. Now teams like the Bucs can get dismissed even though they faced tough teams that dont have records that reflect their talent. Every team in the NFL has talent and most teams are only separated by a handful of players talent wise. Thats why theres all the parody and thats why the phrase "any given sunday" exists. Because the talent level between teams isnt as great as some of their records would have you believe.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What The Bucs have In Common With... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools