Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7400 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

awitron

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 20, 2012, 12:16:51 PM

If any other team in football that is 6-4 and in the lead for the last wild card spot hosting the only 9-1 team in the league who so happens to be a division rival and there isn't even a question of a sellout.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 20, 2012, 12:37:43 PM

I'd go but I'm still worn out from the Saints game and hearing Who Dat all around me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 20, 2012, 01:30:04 PM

If this game doesn't sell out, I hope the Glazers find some way to get the hell out of their lease. I know they have a sweat heart
deal but this team needs a true home field advantage and the people of Tampa Bay are not giving it to them with a sell out.

Go west, young Bucs.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 20, 2012, 01:46:13 PM

If it keeps up the team will be FORCED to go to another city. From what I understand, many people in Tampa are not from Tampa and route for other teams.

Although a Bucs fan for life, I live near the armpit Philadelphia. You can imagine the ribbing I get here but winning shuts all of their mouths!!!

youngone

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 20, 2012, 02:01:17 PM

If I could get my truck out of the shop by Saturday, I'll be there.

njligernj

Starter
#20 : November 20, 2012, 02:47:42 PM

If it keeps up the team will be FORCED to go to another city. From what I understand, many people in Tampa are not from Tampa and route for other teams.

Yes it's not like it was when the team was selling out a decade or so ago -- back then everyone in the area was originally from Tampa and everyone rooted for Tampa teams.

I'm kidding obviously. People always throw out that excuse but it was the same make-up of the city when the games were sold out and the Glazers felt comfortable enough about the (admittedly inflated) waiting list to make Buc's tickets the second most expensive in the league. 2nd! So the potential is there ... just need a better economy and quite frankly, I know some people are tired of hearing it, but two games over .500 is not going to instantly erase all the ill-will the Glazers created for themselves over the past decade. It's the same economy and the same city for the Lightning and last year they were far from the bottom of the league in attendance (despite being a non-playoff team). The way the team/ownership treats the fans matters and has an impact which two games over .500 for one year doesn't instantly wash away.

Go west, young Bucs.

Please everyone stop talking about teams moving. LA has been without a team for almost 20 years! 20 years! In that time lots of teams have failed to sell-out games and not a one of them has moved to LA. No team has moved for 15 years. It's like contraction in the NHL -- something bores love going on about on the internet without the faintest understanding of how business works ... like the NHL could afford to just wipe-out teams which people paid hundreds of millions of dollars for without consequence. If the Bucs keep winning and the economy bounces back games will be sold out again and bores can go back to talking about Jacksonville, Miami or whomever.

As for the original post ... Joe makes a great point and I wish they'd done a little more research because I remember a while back seeing a stat about what percentage of NFL tickets are sold to corporations. It is a very high percentage and it is that way for lots of teams. Many teams, even teams which people love to spout as being historically well attended, have very high percentages of the tickets sold to businesses. If the businesses stop buying a lot more teams could be in trouble with attendance.

Take a club that used to sell out games, then take that city which is by most accounts one of the worst hit by recession, give that team one 3 win and one 4 win season over the last three years ... then suggest relocation because they aren't immediately sold out when they get two games above .500. Then suggest the team should relocate to LA ... a city which has not had a team for 20 years and always struggled to keep its teams because they didn't sell out games. Why didn't they sell-out games in LA? ...

From what I understand, many people in Los Angeles are not from Los Angeles and route for other teams.

You said it Timbuc.

buccsmf1

Practice Squad

#21 : November 20, 2012, 03:18:08 PM

its the holiday.  I just bought tickets to the eagles game and its definitely going to sell out.  There were significantly fewer tickets available for the eagles game than the falcons game. 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 20, 2012, 03:20:05 PM

its the holiday.  I just bought tickets to the eagles game and its definitely going to sell out.  There were significantly fewer tickets available for the eagles game than the falcons game.

The excuses never end.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 20, 2012, 03:24:39 PM

Then suggest the team should relocate to LA ... a city which has not had a team for 20 years and always struggled to keep its teams because they didn't sell out games. Why didn't they sell-out games in LA? ...

Ummm, maybe one of the reasons was the seating capacity. Ever think of that?

http://dilemma-x.net/2012/03/30/will-the-nfl-ever-return-to-the-los-angeles-area-aegs-downtown-stadium-plan-may-be-fizzling-out/

The Oakland Raiders relocated to Los Angeles for the 1982 season to play their home games at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

Los Angeles won the right to host the 1984 Summer Olympic Games. The Olympics would require a new track and an expansion of seating to just over 91,000. This would become a television problem for the Los Angeles Raiders due to NFLs blackout rules for home games not to be shown in the local TV markets unless these games are sold out within 72 hours prior to the game. The Coliseum would undertake a $15 million renovation before the 1993 football season.  To decrease the stadiums seating capacity for NFL games tarpaulins were placed over seats not used to reducing seating capacity to 65,000.

... in 1995 the Raiders returned to Oakland.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 20, 2012, 03:27:29 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Memorial_Coliseum#Seating_capacity.2A

In their thirteen seasons in Los Angeles the Raiders on several occasions drew near-capacity crowds to the Coliseum. The largest were 91,505 for an October 25, 1992 game with the Dallas Cowboys, 91,494 for a September 29, 1991 contest with the San Francisco 49ers, and 90,380 on January 1, 1984 for a playoff game with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 20, 2012, 03:28:24 PM

It will be blacked out unless Falcon fans make it up. The people that will eventually fill those seats are not watching one game at a time going "ooh, they look better now, i am going to go." The people that will eventually fill those seast will do so after sustained succes and national recognition (and an improved economy)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Neubi

Second String

#26 : November 20, 2012, 04:33:41 PM

Lucky to see all the games live via Gamepass here in Germany, but heart is bleeding!
I'd give my right arm to attend more games than the 1 or 2 I do.

I know economy is hard, but come on: you spend 50-100 bucks easily on a night out. But this is nothing compared to the fun and excitement THIS team is currently offering!

BEAT THE DIRTYBIRDS!!

Fine, I'll go build my own Bulletin Board! With blackjack and hookers!

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#27 : November 20, 2012, 04:41:14 PM

There are only so many diehards, and the rest is bandwagon.

Unfortunately, most of the bangwagon people are college based... and it is Florida vs Florida State weekend... 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#28 : November 20, 2012, 05:06:14 PM

Let 'em go to SanAntonio, Las Vegas, LA, Portland, Birmingham, or wherever.  They'll just face the same empty seat problem they have here, but won't get the sweet stadium lease that they've glazered out of the Tampa tax payers.

I'll just adopt the Jags or Dolphins.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 20, 2012, 05:20:40 PM

I know some people are tired of hearing it, but two games over .500 is not going to instantly erase all the ill-will the Glazers created for themselves over the past decade. It's the same economy and the same city for the Lightning and last year they were far from the bottom of the league in attendance (despite being a non-playoff team). The way the team/ownership treats the fans matters and has an impact which two games over .500 for one year doesn't instantly wash away.

This team is far from just 2 games over .500.

Casual fans like to see scoring. Notice anything lately about the scoring prowess of these young Bucs?

One of the highest scoring teams in the league in the past 6 weeks (can't believe I just typed that) and one of the best run Ds in
the league. The pass D is a work in progress but there is plenty here that should get the casual fan interested. Unless the casual
fans in Tampa Bay just outright suck.

As many problems as the LA market had with attendance, I believe those fans would be smart enough to see what a great product the current Bucs are right now and would at least sell out this game.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7400 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools