Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7400 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« : November 19, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »

Maybe the Bucs beating a division foe in dramatic fashion in overtime has moved some Bucs fans to buy tickets. Per a missive from the Bucs official Twitter feed, the game with the Dixie Chicks is some 7,400 tickets short of the 85 percent non-premium plateau for lifting the NFL-imposed local TV blackout shroud.

@TBBuccaneers: About 11,000 non-premium tickets left to sell out Sunday’s game against Atlanta and about 7,400 short of reaching the 85% to lift blackout

Joe will be interested to see if these tickets move on a holiday week. That might be a tough sell with so many fans out of town or already with a full docket of weekend plans.

Now before anyone uses the weak sauce, knee-jerk cry of “Why don’t the Glazers buy the tickets?” How about asking a better question:

Often in other markets when a team needs to sell tickets, the local business community steps up and buys the remaining tickets left just before the deadline (Thursday, 1 p.m.) to ensure a local broadcast. Why hasn’t the local Tampa Bay business community stepped forward to not just help fans, but countless bars and restaurants which will be otherwise packed with fans watching the game?

To date, that has never happened to Joe’s knowledge in the past three years.

Or an even better question:

In other markets when a blackout looms, the local FOX/CBS affiliate will buy up the tickets. Since WTVT-TV Channel 13 is a FOX owned-and-operated station, that means Rupert Murdoch, the head honcho of FOX who makes Teams Glazer look like Joe he has so much cash, wouldn’t even miss the paltry thousands it would cost to broadcast the game locally.

Again, neither the local FOX nor CBS affiliate does this. Joe has an idea why: if either station thought it could make some cash doing this, they would have pulled the trigger to lift a blackout already.

So instead of being lame and whining about the Bucs owners, why not direct your ire at those in the community that, unlike in other NFL markets, haven’t/won’t step up to the plate to help out local Bucs fans.

Sometimes, it’s just too easy blaming the local pinata, Team Glazer.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/

COMMON TAMPA BAY!

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 19, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »

i suspect that this game will be blacked out....which will be both a shame and embarassing.

-------------------------------------------------------

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 19, 2012, 09:20:46 PM »

Will be pathetic if this game is blacked out.
« : November 20, 2012, 02:31:00 PM 3rd String Kicker »

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 19, 2012, 09:25:36 PM »

I am unable to go but if they are not sold out by Wed I will buy one of the cheap tickets to help out.   This is one of the games I wanted to get to this year. 

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« #4 : November 19, 2012, 09:28:06 PM »

I am unable to go but if they are not sold out by Wed I will buy one of the cheap tickets to help out.   This is one of the games I wanted to get to this year.

I wish there were more like you in this town.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 19, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »

You'd think the chamber of commerce would either step up or send out a mass e-mail plea or something.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 20, 2012, 08:04:29 AM »

I don't see us selling out. Just not going to happen. Fans would rather spend their extra money on something else.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 20, 2012, 08:10:46 AM »

They might get the 7,400 if they cancel the Dixie Chicks.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #8 : November 20, 2012, 08:31:44 AM »

Man, it just can't get any better than this. Bucs on a winning streak in a crucial division matchup AND the Dixie Chicks on top of four more years of Obama. Thanks to DirecTv, I won't miss a minute of it.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 20, 2012, 08:48:55 AM »

I hope you're joking....

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

QaZ

Pro Bowler

« #10 : November 20, 2012, 08:55:32 AM »

Do you know who the Dixie chicks are here?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 20, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »

i suspect that this game will be blacked out....which will be both a shame and embarassing.

The Glazers ought to be embarrassed as businessmen. They jacked around the fanbase over the last ten years, and finally serve up a good product, but people have found other things to do with their disposable income now. 

Marketing 101 and Consumer Behavior -

One of them boys ought to take a refresher business course at USF.

...says the Nurse to the multi-multi-multi millionaire.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

GermanBucsFan

Second String
« #12 : November 20, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »

It looks like my two ticket present is not avoiding the blackout.:$
examples like this should be told to public. maybe some others are following. B-)

QaZ

Pro Bowler

« #13 : November 20, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »

The Glazers ought to be embarrassed as businessmen. They jacked around the fanbase over the last ten years, and finally serve up a good product, but people have found other things to do with their disposable income now. 

Marketing 101 and Consumer Behavior -

One of them boys ought to take a refresher business course at USF.

One of the 1st thing i always tell my trainees, you do not get paid six figues a year to just identify problems, if you can not bring up a solution, better shut up. If you just wanna talk theories stay at college or join a protest group.

anyway, since so many seem to have issues with understanding... the dixie chicks are the atlanta falcons, no girl group playing.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #14 : November 20, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »

One of the 1st thing i always tell my trainees, you do not get paid six figues a year to just identify problems, if you can not bring up a solution, better shut up. If you just wanna talk theories stay at college or join a protest group.

anyway, since so many seem to have issues with understanding... the dixie chicks are the atlanta falcons, no girl group playing.

So would you say that anyone posting on this message board isn't qualified to talk about anything professional football related? No one here played QB for the NFL or any other position. No one here has ever been a GM in the NFL.  So really, no one here is qualified to make any comments about the Bucs, their players, or how they're being managed.

But I have been a customer of the Buccaneer's product and have a lot of insight from a fan's POV that the Glazers don't have as owners. They survey my opinion almost every week and have implemented ideas that have come from fans like myself.

« : November 20, 2012, 11:59:00 AM Morgan »
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7400 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools