Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7400 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : November 20, 2012, 05:32:36 PM

just visited Tickemaster and there are a ton of open seats in my section.....things aren't looking good for those of you looking to stay at home......hope that internet feed holds up for you

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 20, 2012, 05:58:50 PM

I have Sunday NFL Ticket and get to watch a lot of the games when the Bucs are on the road.  I have seen a ton of games where there are just as many and in many cases more empty seats for other teams than they are at Bucs games.  The reason why they are not blacked out is because those tickets get paid for by local businesses or the local affiliate.  This is just not a Bucs fan problem folks.  Lets not get carried away about the Bucs moving because with the sweetheart deal they have at RJS, it isn't happening

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 20, 2012, 06:09:22 PM

I have Sunday NFL Ticket and get to watch a lot of the games when the Bucs are on the road.  I have seen a ton of games where there are just as many and in many cases more empty seats for other teams than they are at Bucs games.  The reason why they are not blacked out is because those tickets get paid for by local businesses or the local affiliate.  This is just not a Bucs fan problem folks.  Lets not get carried away about the Bucs moving because with the sweetheart deal they have at RJS, it isn't happening

Of course it's not happening. But I can dream.

The Bucs being a four hour car ride away or a one hour flight from me? That would be great.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 20, 2012, 06:17:15 PM

Even early on in that Panthers game, there were a TON of empty seats. Hell, even when I went to the Cows-Bucs game, I bet there were between 5000-10000 empty seats.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 20, 2012, 07:07:11 PM

I know economy is hard, but come on: you spend 50-100 bucks easily on a night out.

or poon.... or gambling.... or cigarettes.... or drinking.... or drugs!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Neubi

Second String

#35 : November 21, 2012, 06:44:18 AM

I know economy is hard, but come on: you spend 50-100 bucks easily on a night out.

Well yeah...in that particular order  ;D

Fine, I'll go build my own Bulletin Board! With blackjack and hookers!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 21, 2012, 07:19:53 AM

^^ $50-$100 probably isn't going to get you some high quality sh*t...lol

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

njligernj

Starter
#37 : November 21, 2012, 09:53:22 AM

Then suggest the team should relocate to LA ... a city which has not had a team for 20 years and always struggled to keep its teams because they didn't sell out games. Why didn't they sell-out games in LA? ...

Ummm, maybe one of the reasons was the seating capacity. Ever think of that?

LOL. Did you just uncover that information? Did anyone else think of that in the last 17+ years? Does the NFL not like making money? If they thought it would work there would be a team there. They have had lots of chances. Sure there are issues but there is no unseen force preventing a team in LA. No evil super-villain who has a giant NFL team forcefield (well maybe Al Davis). They haven't bothered trying again for almost twenty years. They've built lots of new stadiums in a lot of way smaller cities. I'm sure they will eventually -- they seem to be trying to build a stadium plus they might put two more in when they expand to have a team in London too -- but it doesn't mean it will be the Bucs. If LA was so great they wouldn't have abandoned it for this long. Honestly, people have been saying your same exact argument for decades now and yet nobody had bothered to put a team there. I believe people in LA government said a team by 2011 was guaranteed. It's so tiresome. I'm fine with them having a team in LA, I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy it, but it doesn't have to come at the expense of existing fans.

As for Bucs attendance those on the "move" side have a sample size issue. From 1998 to 2009 the Bucs were close to (or were) sold out every single year. http://www.tampabayfootball.net/dabucsdb/bucatn.htm From 2009-present attendance has been very bad. If your brain looks at those figures and decides to shut-down a business which had over ten years of success because of two and a half years of bad performance (when there are very obvious mitigating circumstances) then I wish you the best of luck ... you're going to need it.

I don't want people in Jacksonville to lose their team. I don't want people in Buffalo to lose their team. I don't want any NHL teams contracted. I don't want ESPN and the colleges to continue tearing apart conferences (and in many ways making the product horrible like the B10) in the pursuit of a few more dollars. I don't understand this (relatively new) development where fans seem to delight in other fans having the thing they love eliminated entirely. "Your conference is garbage they should get rid of it." "Move that team." "Contract all of them." What's wrong with these people? There must be some deep underlying emotional issues. What does it matter to you? Let people enjoy their teams without having to defend their right to exist. Very strange.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 21, 2012, 10:17:47 AM

I wonder what the number is now?

7400 was Monday Evening.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 21, 2012, 10:26:49 AM

They might get the 7,400 if they cancel the Dixie Chicks.

I hope you're joking....

They might get the 7,400 if they cancel the Dixie Chicks.

Do you know who the Dixie chicks are here?

Yeah, it's a joke.  Honestly, other than it being a couple of girls singing country music, I know absolutely nothing about them.  I'm not a country music fan, so I don't follow them.  Full disclosure... if they weren't ripped about what, 8,9,10 (?) years ago for what they said about George Bush, I'd have never even heard of them.

Mateen

Starter

#40 : November 21, 2012, 10:33:02 AM

That Joe Bucks fan site is god awful...please stop linking to it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 21, 2012, 11:33:35 AM

Ouch!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 21, 2012, 11:42:23 AM

I am unable to go but if they are not sold out by Wed I will buy one of the cheap tickets to help out.   This is one of the games I wanted to get to this year.

$45 is the cheapest available.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 21, 2012, 11:44:20 AM

If this game doesn't sell out, I hope the Glazers find some way to get the hell out of their lease. I know they have a sweat heart
deal but this team needs a true home field advantage and the people of Tampa Bay are not giving it to them with a sell out.

Go west, young Bucs.

Real good fan you are.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 21, 2012, 12:45:36 PM

Quote from: chace1986
**Post Has Been Deleted**

you really ought to be banned for that kind of posting - but 3SK and Mark Cook look the other way - aren't you one of those G2G buddies that never has his posts moderated?

: November 21, 2012, 01:07:03 PM 3rd String Kicker
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7400 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools