Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7400 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#45 : November 21, 2012, 12:48:41 PM

Bucs need to do concerts like the Rays - bring in the real Chicks and you'll see 10,000 more tickets sold because people want value for their entertainment dollar. The Rowdies did that back in the 70s-80s - brought in big crowds. But the Glazers give away car flags with Ford Logos or Publix t-shirts to entice fans to the stadium.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 21, 2012, 01:04:36 PM

Quote from: Morgan
You really ought to be banned for that kind of posting - but 3SK and Mark Cook look the other way - aren't you one of those G2G buddies that never has his posts moderated?
Never have had the ability to ban users, just simply delete posts, fix grammatical errors, merge threads, and try to keep things organized (Mock draft thread, coaching search). I don't like to see personal attacks no matter who they are from. I think we're all Buccaneer fans and we should reserve our hatred for Falcons, Panthers, Saints, and Eagles.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 21, 2012, 01:06:20 PM

Quote from: Morgan
Bucs need to do concerts like the Rays - bring in the real Chicks and you'll see 10,000 more tickets sold because people want value for their entertainment dollar. The Rowdies did that back in the 70s-80s - brought in big crowds. But the Glazers give away car flags with Ford Logos or Publix t-shirts to entice fans to the stadium.
It doesn't hurt, I would imagine it takes two to tango. Maybe a band out there who are Bucs fans would do it or a band who is looking to get noticed. If the Glazers aren't buying up 4000-5000 tickets, would they pay to have a big name band come in for a live performance? Not sure how the revenue plays into all of this.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 21, 2012, 01:09:37 PM

you really ought to be banned for that kind of posting - but 3SK and Mark Cook look the other way - aren't you one of those G2G buddies that never has his posts moderated?

lol. No. I can't make it to G2Gs. I'm a few states to the west of FL...but thanks for playing.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 21, 2012, 02:14:18 PM

When I go to Ray Jay, I wanna see a football game. When I want t see a concert, I go to the 1-800-ask-gary amphitheatre.

-------------------------------------------------------

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 21, 2012, 02:37:22 PM

As for Bucs attendance those on the "move" side have a sample size issue. From 1998 to 2009 the Bucs were close to (or were) sold out every single year. http://www.tampabayfootball.net/dabucsdb/bucatn.htm From 2009-present attendance has been very bad. If your brain looks at those figures and decides to shut-down a business which had over ten years of success because of two and a half years of bad performance (when there are very obvious mitigating circumstances) then I wish you the best of luck ... you're going to need it.

I don't want people in Jacksonville to lose their team. I don't want people in Buffalo to lose their team. I don't want any NHL teams contracted. I don't want ESPN and the colleges to continue tearing apart conferences (and in many ways making the product horrible like the B10) in the pursuit of a few more dollars. I don't understand this (relatively new) development where fans seem to delight in other fans having the thing they love eliminated entirely. "Your conference is garbage they should get rid of it." "Move that team." "Contract all of them." What's wrong with these people? There must be some deep underlying emotional issues. What does it matter to you? Let people enjoy their teams without having to defend their right to exist. Very strange.

I live in Las Vegas. If the Bucs did actually move to LA, I could have season tickets again as it's a four hour drive or a short flight. Really not that hard to understand.

Is that being selfish? Of course. I would feel bad for the diehards. But the others who refuse to go to games and support this team? Nope.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#51 : November 21, 2012, 02:59:18 PM

the Chargers are more likely to move to LA - -----lots of open seats at their games
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 7400 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools