Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aldon Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 19, 2012, 11:42:28 PM

Smith has more sacks than the Raiders and Jaguars lol.

NovaBuc

Starter

#16 : November 19, 2012, 11:49:34 PM

Goldson and Rogers were both JAGs until 2011. (Regardless of what they did in college.

Elite pass rushers can make your secondary into pro bowlers.

Can't speak for Goldson, but Rogers was a pretty dang good CB here in Washington. Only reason they decided to not resign him was he wasn't getting interceptions. They loved his cover skills other than that though. He credits the coaching he got in San Fran for helping him to catch the ball rather than just knock it away. You didn't hear much about him back then because most teams picked on Hall because if he wasn't making the interception, he was and still is a very bad CB. Very much like Talib.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#17 : November 20, 2012, 12:02:37 AM

He should also credit the two Smiths from Missouri. Lol

The quest for .500 begins...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 20, 2012, 08:17:09 AM

Much of this board was convinced Aldon Smith was "the next Gaines Adams".

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 20, 2012, 09:48:34 AM

I snickered when the Niners took him...I aint snickerin' anymore.

That guy was a monster last night, just one of the most dominating performances of all time (for a D-lineman).  He was destroying Gabe Carimi last night.  Made him absolutely worthless.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 20, 2012, 09:54:26 AM

This is how Smith played last year. Dude is a complete beast. We (still) need an elite pass rusher on this team.

Goldson and Rogers were both JAGs until 2011. (Regardless of what they did in college.

I agree, but having the two best LBs in the game helps as well...and Ahmad Brooks is a good all around player.

That front 7 is just, WOW.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#21 : November 20, 2012, 10:29:57 AM

I liked him coming out, but I didn't think he would be so good out the gate. Thought he would take more time to develop. But playing on the same line as The Other Smith helps, too.

Their D has really good - great players at every level

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 20, 2012, 10:33:26 AM

i sure did.  maybe its why i still think he's lucky.  but 15.5 already is more than luck.  campbell sure helped him alot last night imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 20, 2012, 10:34:08 AM

I'm pretty sure it was just that utspartan/ryan wannabe scout.

I was a fan of Smith's coming out, as I remember you being as well.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 20, 2012, 10:57:34 AM

I'm pretty sure it was just that utspartan/ryan wannabe scout.

I was a fan of Smith's coming out, as I remember you being as well.
I thought he had a good chance to be a player, but wasn't driving his bandwagon or anything. I mostly just thought all the posters who equate young, black, and fast automatically with "the next Gaines Adams" were morons.

I will freely admit to being completely wrong about JJ Watt. I didn't see this type of season coming.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#25 : November 20, 2012, 11:34:33 AM

Can anyone name a 9er defensive back? Before watching tonight's game?

3 out of the 4 starting Dbacks went to the probowl last year

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 20, 2012, 12:28:41 PM

Who knows how good he would be if he actually played DE, right now he is a Rush LBer playing around some of the best players in football.

Juani2

Second String

#27 : November 20, 2012, 02:52:49 PM

Can't speak for Goldson, but Rogers was a pretty dang good CB here in Washington. Only reason they decided to not resign him was he wasn't getting interceptions. They loved his cover skills other than that though. He credits the coaching he got in San Fran for helping him to catch the ball rather than just knock it away. You didn't hear much about him back then because most teams picked on Hall because if he wasn't making the interception, he was and still is a very bad CB. Very much like Talib.

hahaa hes right but i didnt know you stayed up here nova glad to see we have fans in the area
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Aldon Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools