Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two spots open? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: November 19, 2012, 11:07:24 PM

For weeks it has been assumed that between the Bears and Packers, one would win the division and the other had one of the two Wildcard spots locked up. After last weeks loss the the Texans and tonight embarrassing loss....and the fact that Cutler could be out for another game or two....the Bears are no longer a lock for a Wildcard spot. They are one game up on us at 7-3 and when you look at their schedule (Vikings, Seahawks, Vikings, Packers, Cardinals, Lions) I think there is a very real chance they go 3-3 and finish 10-6. If they don't rebound quickly and Cutler isn't fully over his concussion, they could do even worse. If Cutler is out next week, I think the Vikings will beat them.

We should be rooting for these 6 other teams to lose as much as possible!

Bears 7-3          (project 9 or 10 wins)
Seahawks 6-4    (project 9 or 10 wins)
Giants 6-4          (project 9 or 10 wins)
Bucs 6-4             (project 9 or 10 wins)
Vikings 6-4          (project 8 wins)
Cowboys 5-5       (project 8 or 9 wins)
Saints 5-5            (project 8 to 10 wins)

It's looking like we could have 4 or 5 teams finish 10-6. I hope we are one of them. Going to be interesting!

Sucks we lost to the Giants and Cowboys. If either ends up as a 10-6 wildcard team we automatically lose that tie breaker.  >:(
: November 20, 2012, 07:52:39 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 19, 2012, 11:12:33 PM

Yes great to be in the picture at this time. A lot more than I expected to see out of this team this year. Every game this year has been fun to watch. If its like that till the end, how the hell could I complain?? If this team makes the playoffs watch out. I wouldn't want to play the Bucs.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 20, 2012, 03:35:40 AM

JD, in your 7 teams that we should hope lose as much as possible youve got us listed at number 4. Now I dont know about you, but Im definitely hoping we win out......Just bustin your balls, but seriously, we shouldnt be in there.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 20, 2012, 07:53:04 AM

Haha. Gotcha German. Fixed!

Draft Aaron Donald

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 20, 2012, 08:25:32 AM

The next 2 games are huge for the Bucs. The need to win at least 1 or else the odds get slim.

I also seeing the Bears really falling apart down the stretch. Their defense is old and will have trouble being as dominant as they have been down the stretch. Plus their remaining schedule is very tough.

A lot of big games in the NFC this weekend.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 20, 2012, 11:34:36 AM

Sucks we lost to the Giants and Cowboys.

Saints, too.  Almost makes the game in Nawlins a must-win.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#6 : November 20, 2012, 11:42:50 AM

The Seahawks have a tough schedule left.. And the bears and Vikings get to knock each other in the next three weeks.. But if we lose to th falcons and broncos it'll all be for nothing!!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 20, 2012, 12:59:28 PM

Yeah if we can win these next two games we're in good shape and should control our own destiny. Falcons have to play us and then the Saints 4 days later, if the Falcons manage to lose both games the division title won't be so far out. Hopefully NO loses to SF this week and then beats Atlanta.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 20, 2012, 01:00:46 PM

Bears 7-3          (project 9 or 10 wins)
Seahawks 6-4    (project 9 or 10 wins)
Giants 6-4          (project 9 or 10 wins)
Bucs 6-4             (project 9 or 10 wins)
Vikings 6-4          (project 8 wins)
Cowboys 5-5       (project 8 or 9 wins)
Saints 5-5            (project 8 to 10 wins)

The Bears. Their schedule does get easier down the stretch. They got the Vikings 2 out of the next 3 games, Seattle at home, then close the year at Arizona and Detroit. Those last two games are feisty teams who could help us out by getting an upset win. I think they finish with 10 wins minimum.

Seachicks. 3 out of their next 4 games are on the road. Then they still play all division opponents once more, which could be toss up games, even though they are all home games. I see them finishing 8-8.

G-men. Their schedule looks brutal over the next month. @ Wash, NO at home, @ ATL, @ Bal. I see 9-7, tops.

Vikings. Unless Peterson kicks it into another gear and is able to score 2-3 TDs a game here on out, I don't see how the Vikes win more than 2 games. Schedule is tough and Ponder is shaky. 7-9

Cows. They really only have 1 easy game left. Philly. They still have to play the skins' twice, @ Pittsburgh, NO at home, and at Cincinnati. They have not played well all year, and they wont start now. They finish 8-8.

Saints. They schedule is very unfavorable. Over the next month they face four opponents with a total record of 28-11-1. Then the final 2 games are at Dallas and home to Carolina. They have Drew Brees, so they could win out, but they could also lose a few as well. I say they go 9-7

That leads us to the Bucs. I think they have to take one of the next 2 games. Atlanta has owned us the last few years. That needs to end. The Bucs need to come out and mash the Falcons into a bloody pulp, then keep on mashing. If that happens, then they roll into Denver with at least a fighters chance of pulling the upset. One thing we do know, this team will be in every game in the final minutes. It's an uphill battle for us to make it to the playoffs with the remaining games. I only see two probable wins, the rest are toss ups. 10-6 will get us in, 9-7 won't, IMO.
: November 20, 2012, 01:02:37 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 20, 2012, 01:08:24 PM

Bottom line is that WE have to keep winning. There are so many variables that the only sure thing would be for us to win out and I truly believe that we can do it.

Because of our offense!!!!!!!!! Teams don't want to play us now as hot as we are...even the Falcons don't want to see us now!

Let's face it, there is only one area of our team that we are worried about and that's the secondary.

If we can defend the pass just a little bit better, we are going to be very tough to beat.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 20, 2012, 02:02:06 PM

Only 6 1-game seasons left for us. They just need to focus on their next game over those 6 weeks.
    Last year's Super Bowl champs were only 9-7 when the playoffs began. A lot can happen in the NFL that would affect the final standings.

CANTCME

Second String

#11 : November 20, 2012, 02:22:41 PM

"IF" we make it to 10-6 and we don't make the playoffs again, I'll be pissed

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#12 : November 20, 2012, 02:29:24 PM

I hope we make it, but I don't think it's happening. Our schedule gets harder as the other contenders schedules get easier. Having already lost to the Cowboys, Giants, and Saints we lose a lot of tie breakers as is. Idk if 10-6 gets us in. Of course, if we go out and win our games, we'll get in. So it's up to the team to perform.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 20, 2012, 02:40:28 PM

12-4  How bout that? We in then? ;)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 20, 2012, 02:55:21 PM

I hope we make it, but I don't think it's happening. Our schedule gets harder as the other contenders schedules get easier.

The Giants, Saints, Cows, and Vikings all have schedules that are just as tough as ours.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two spots open? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools