Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One of the tightest races will be for the final wild-card spot in the NFC, « previous next »
Page: 1 2

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 20, 2012, 12:20:49 PM

Sorry but the Bears aren't a lock for anything right now. IMO both wildcard spots are up for grabs at this point. If the Bucs win on Sunday then the NFC SouthTitle comes into play also. Gotta love the NFL. The last 6 weeks are going to be fun. If only the Replacement Refs hadn't mucked up the Giants and Cowboys games.

I agreed with you up until the bold. The Bucs lost those games, not the replacement refs.

In the Giants game the Replacement Refs didn't call 2 flagrant penalties against to Giants. Doug martin missed a 1st down on a Facemask non call in which the Giant defender almost rips his head off. The other was the Defenseless WR non call when Kenny Phillips hits Vincent Jackson over the middle. (Phillips fined by the league 30k later for the hit). If the Bucs get either of those calls the Giants never have enough time on the clock to come back.

Oops, my bad....Yea the Bucs losing had nothing to with the crappy 4th qtr defense. They lost because of two non calls....  ::)

Sounds like homeristic excuses to me, man.

Besides, all other NFL teams were playing with replacement refs. It was an even playing field. Adapt and overcome.
: November 20, 2012, 12:24:41 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 20, 2012, 12:22:27 PM

It sucks that Golden Tate play could ultimately decide the last seed in the NFC. Although IIRC if both the Bucs and Hawks finish 10-6, we have tiebreaker.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 20, 2012, 12:25:46 PM

Quote from: awitron
It sucks that Golden Tate play could ultimately decide the last seed in the NFC. Although IIRC if both the Bucs and Hawks finish 10-6, we have tiebreaker.

If you'd like, I'm sure I could get Greg Schiano to kindly ask Seahawks fans to lose out on their message board. I'm sure they'll understand.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 20, 2012, 12:36:37 PM

I think that would be mighty kind of you to ask Schiano to do that 3SK.

I'm actually not too scared of this Falcons game with Julio out. Roddy may still have a decent game. But if we can shut down Turner, and double Roddy, it could be doable. Julio being out helps ALOT.

Now vs Denver? I'm sh!tting my pants thinking about what Demariyus and Decker do to our pass D. Manning is going to have a field day.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 20, 2012, 12:50:30 PM

Tampa has got to clean house with the rest of the divisional opponents.

Denver isn't going to happen unless we get lucky in a shootout, and their pass coverage is far better than ours. Tampa cannot depend on this game.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 20, 2012, 01:18:39 PM

Denver isn't going to happen unless we get lucky in a shootout, and their pass coverage is far better than ours. Tampa cannot depend on this game.

Division and NFC as well. A tie breaker against Seattle will come down to conference record if I am not mistaken. Seattle is one up on us in that dept.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 20, 2012, 01:33:54 PM

Interesting Trey Wingo tweet about Chicago:

@wingoz: Bears have lost to the three best teams they've faced: Texans, Niners, Packers. record of 7 teams they've beaten? a combined 25-44-1"

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 20, 2012, 03:38:21 PM

Message from Greg Schiano to Seahawks Fans
Quote from: Greg Schiano
Hey Guys, I'm Greg Schiano, the Head Coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You may have seen me while watching some Rutgers football games. I just wanted to ask you guys to tone it back a little bit... we're trying to make the playoffs down in Tampa and it doesn't help that you guys are kind of, I don't want to say in the way, but you're definitely kind of in my spot. I was looking at it first, I can assure you. I know you guys are true professionals here in Seattle and will do the right thing and move out of the way.

Thanks,
    Greg

http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?33376-Ready-for-a-playoff-run/page9
: November 20, 2012, 04:11:45 PM 3rd String Kicker

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 20, 2012, 08:33:54 PM

Denver game is not looking so tough now.  McGahee is out for the rest of the reg season.  And Dec 2nd it could be snowing like a **CENSORED** there, making Dougie and the run game very important.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#24 : November 20, 2012, 08:57:24 PM

Listen to us here realistically Talking about Playoff scenarios here, this is good stuff my fellow Tampa fans!

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 20, 2012, 09:46:37 PM

Listen to us here realistically Talking about Playoff scenarios here, this is good stuff my fellow Tampa fans!

They gotta finish strong though, I don't think they can afford more than one or two more losses.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#26 : November 20, 2012, 09:48:51 PM

They gotta finish strong though, I don't think they can afford more than one or two more losses.

We know this,They know this,the fun part is all of us seriously believe they can do it..I know I do.

Trust,belief and accountability.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#27 : November 20, 2012, 10:29:47 PM

If they win this week then i think we got it. All we have to do is win our 3 home games ( atl, phi, stl) and snag one on the road (no, den, atl) That last atl game could be meaningless to them if they lock up home field. Win this week and we got good odds
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One of the tightest races will be for the final wild-card spot in the NFC, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools