Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson's day off at his new pad « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hate

Hall of Famer
#45 : November 21, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Funny.....as much as people like yourself complain to Mark Cook & Scott Reynolds about Java, that you can't keep yourself from bringing him into legitimate threads about our best players.

All I can do is laugh....damn!!

-------------------------------------------------------

sandogbuc

Second String

#46 : November 21, 2012, 11:03:09 AM

On the Peter King podcast, Dominik made the point that a legit #1 WR never hits the open market and after 10 games we are all seeing why. VJax just like Hardy Nickerson before him has changed the identity of this franchise. What offensive free agent wont be falling over themselves trying to come to Tampa?

We should all thank Chargers GM, AJ Smith for pulling one of the biggest blunders in NFL history.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#47 : November 21, 2012, 12:51:25 PM

We really got lucky w/ V-jax. We've been burned on FA signings, especially at WR over the decades.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 21, 2012, 07:25:10 PM

We really got lucky w/ V-jax. We've been burned on FA signings, especially at WR over the decades.

Not sure I would call it luck.   AJ Smith tried to screw over Vjax every way he could.  Didn't want to pay him, didn't want to trade him.  Vincent finally reported on the last day he could, and still get credit for a full season, making him a free agent agent the following season.   So he was out of there no matter what, and the Bucs had the cap room, and a good young QB, so it was more fate than luck IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

sandogbuc

Second String

#49 : November 21, 2012, 07:40:22 PM

it was 2 seasons ago that Vjax held out and last season got franchised tagged. AJ Smith could have tagged him again but arrogantly chose to let him walk without compensation. Ironically, letting VJax walk will most likely cost both Smith and Turner their jobs.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 21, 2012, 07:43:39 PM

it was 2 seasons ago that Vjax held out and last season got franchised tagged. AJ Smith could have tagged him again but arrogantly chose to let him walk without compensation. Ironically, letting VJax walk will most likely cost both Smith and Turner their jobs.

Guy is a d-o-o-s-h.  So much talent has gone throught there.  Brees, LT, Marty.  Some refer to AJ as the Lord of No Rings.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 22, 2012, 11:01:20 PM

Could be a huge game for Vincent against the Dirty Birds.   I don't think they have anyone to cover him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#52 : November 22, 2012, 11:06:26 PM

Could be a huge game for Vincent against the Dirty Birds.   I don't think they have anyone to cover him.

Grimes... But he doesn't stand a chance against VJ either.

As I said the minute the Bucs signed him, not one CB in the whole NFCS will be able to match up against him. They will always have to double him up or send a safety over the top.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 22, 2012, 11:08:53 PM

As I said the minute the Bucs signed him, not one CB in the whole NFCS will be able to match up against him. They will always have to double him up or send a safety over the top.

Most likely, but then that means a big day for Mike Will.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 22, 2012, 11:20:10 PM

Most likely, but then that means a big day for Mike Will.

Exactly. And we've witnessed that as well. It has definitely become a "pick your poison" offense.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#55 : November 22, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Isn't Grimes out?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#56 : November 22, 2012, 11:40:13 PM

Isn't Grimes out?

Is he?

If so, omg... their pass defense is going to look like ours.  ::)

Hate

Hall of Famer
#57 : November 22, 2012, 11:42:47 PM

The Atlanta Falcons will be forced to go the rest of the way without cornerback Brent Grimes.

In a surprising development, Grimes is done for the season after suffering an Achilles injury on Sunday, coach Mike Smith announced Monday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060448/article/brent-grimes-to-injured-reserve-with-achilles-injury

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#58 : November 22, 2012, 11:50:42 PM

Bummer.

Would've liked them to realize, even with Grimes, they cannot stop VJ.. Get them worried about next season.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 23, 2012, 12:11:50 AM

Bummer.

Would've liked them to realize, even with Grimes, they cannot stop VJ.. Get them worried about next season.
On the contrary...

I'd rather them go into next season thinking they can stop VJ with Grimes... and be wrong...

Hide Tools Show Tools