Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need another RB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: November 20, 2012, 02:36:57 AM

To go with Doug. Watching SF with Gore and Hunter, makes me realize this.

Our situation is OK now, but if Doug goes down, we are done! Plus it's a shame that the
backs we have on this roster can't even perform well enough to even give the guy a blow!

We might have to go RB in the draft, may be later rounds and hope for a home run.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 20, 2012, 03:37:25 AM

Maybe. Blount is probably outta here in the offseason, and ware isn't all that.

And if blount is activated, he is still pretty good in his own right.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 20, 2012, 07:51:57 AM

I wanna see what micheal smith can do as a 3rd down back

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 20, 2012, 07:53:01 AM

I want Chris Ivory, RFA from the Saints

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 20, 2012, 08:12:43 AM

I've been clamoring for Monte Ball because it looked like he could be a 4th round pick or later....but after this week his stock is rising again and my guess is he'll go too high for us to consider.

Dennis Johnson is a solid #2. Very similar to Doug, just not special like Doug. He is fun to watch though. No recent youtube stuff to share, but check out this game highlight film from 2009. The run at 1:33 shows why I like him in a nutshell.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 20, 2012, 08:18:53 AM

Wish I could find more to share, but give the kid a looksy on gameday. He really is fun to watch. At 5'8" 215lbs he is another Muscle Hamster type guy. He's strong, has great balance, a great stiff arm, and he loves to blast defenders. I don't think his 40 time will impress anyone, but he'd be a solid #2 to pair up with Doug imo. He is also pretty good in pass protection. He's currently projected to be drafted in the 5th round or later.

: November 20, 2012, 08:29:15 AM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 20, 2012, 08:28:22 AM

Here is a game from this year.

!

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 20, 2012, 08:28:43 AM

Plus it's a shame that the backs we have on this roster can't even perform well enough to even give the guy a blow!

Um....What?!

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 20, 2012, 08:45:43 AM

I actually like Martin's former teammate DJ Harper

also like Stephan Taylor-Stanford and Mike Gillisee-Florida depending on where they're drafted.
Zac Stacy-Vanderbilt is a nice late round look.
But I do believe we have a lot more needs than RB depth,hopefully there's some quality FA.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 20, 2012, 08:47:30 AM

It's a shame.  I'd really hoped and frankly assumed that Blount would be able to fill that role, but I agree.  While there's no sense in coddling Martin or not letting him find a rhthym, it would sure be nice to have someone the team could trust to spell him.  Martin's under 20 carries per game so far, so it's not been too bad, but it's not hard to imagine that number creeping up over the rest of the season.  In a perfect world, I'd like to see the team get years more productivity out of Martin. 

Still, as others have intimated, no need to spent crazy-high resources on a complementary back. A free agent or a lower-round draft pick would likely do just fine.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 20, 2012, 09:07:56 AM

I think the problem with Blount is that, in a backup, you look for a guy who can be consistent and Blount is just a streaky player right now.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 20, 2012, 09:38:15 AM

Hey! Remember when our complimentary back was Kraigg Lumpkin?!

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 20, 2012, 10:22:39 AM

I want Chris Ivory, RFA from the Saints

You and me both. Ever since he gashed us a couple years back out of nowhere I've been paying attention to him. I don't think it's fair the saints have 4 starting caliber running backs on their team. I think the F/O should do everything it can to try and snag him. He's fun to watch!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 20, 2012, 12:31:42 PM

Look up Dri Archer from Kent State, if he comes out. He should be our guy. He is so fast and can handle KR duties too. Dude averages 40 yards a return.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#14 : November 20, 2012, 01:01:34 PM

Look up Dri Archer from Kent State, if he comes out. He should be our guy. He is so fast and can handle KR duties too. Dude averages 40 yards a return.

That guy is a flat out beast! There was another thread that had some video of him and Youtube has loads of footage on him.

I don't think he is going to last too long in the draft. One of the fastest guys I have ever seen from goal line to goal line.

Would be a killer piece to our offensive arsenal.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need another RB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools